Question / Help [Streaming] Need a little help with settings

Bèta Wolf

Hey everyone!

I'm trying to figure out which settings I can use for each game. I want a very high quality and good performance.

If I stream Modern Combat Versus, it's going pretty well.

If I stream CSGO, it's going a bit less.

Maybe some people can help me what I need to change in the settings.

LOG FILE:
https://obsproject.com/logs/qzIe444HG--wBZoB

MY GEAR:

NVIDIA_GeForce_Experience_2018-12-16_18-45-14.png

dvardan

Generally very high quality and good performance are the goal for everyone, but they are kinda hard to get. What you can try is play around with the bitrate (higher means better quality, but requires more resources and bandwidth), also you can try lowering the game's graphics, that often helps. Alternatively, you can try OBS's auto configurator, it gives you a general idea as to what your computer can handle, but then again, I'd advise you to dig deep into the settings and find out what works for you. I presume you want to stream at 1080p, which obviously takes up more resources than for example 720p. If you don't mind the resolution being lower, try setting it to 720p see if it helps. Alternative to this is capping your stream at 30 fps, that - in theory - should use less computing power as well. You can also try the NVENC encoder, which uses your graphics card, instead of your CPU if I'm not mistaken.

I personally wouldn't worry much about the server you stream to as long as it is relatively close to you, so if the NL server is the closest try the Frankfurt one for example, and see if you can spot a difference.

Also check your internet speed. Your upload speed must be at least twice as fast as your bitrate, it's worth looking into. You can check the dropped frames in OBS if it shows upwards of 3-5% your internet very well could be the culprit.

I'll sleep on it, see if I can come up with anything else, until then bless up my man!