Status
Not open for further replies.

NickysHideout

Hi all, just a question about the blur effect, I'm trying to use it on my camera but when I do it slows the computer down massively and begins to drop heavily on frames, and when I mean slow the computer down I don't just mean the video output I mean the whole pc that even the mouse lags when moving it and selecting things...
I've tried using it on a mirrored source, lowered the resolution right down etc..
I'm not using NVIDIA as I don't have a NVIDIA graphics card, could that be the issue?
Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Nicky

Xaymar

thanks, that's really helpful, didn't know that existed

so this may be a stupid question, but is there an easy way to just blur the background of a camera source without using a physical green screen? It seems like the only good way to do this is to use Xsplit or something

There are third party tools to do so, but aside from that using a proper camera with a proper lens is the way to go if you don't want to use a Greenscreen. There are even mods for the popular Logitech cameras to get the lens effects that mostly are exclusive to camera lenses.

Xaymar

Mario Mey

Hi, there. I'm havin issues by trying to make it work. I'm using Debian 10, so the only file that maybe works was streamfx-ubuntu1804-gcc8-0.8.0.0-e343e4cb.7z. It runs with OBS, splash screen appears at startup, filters appears in list. But, when I click on Blur, there are no options. Also "Color grade" and some others... Console says:

Code:
error: [StreamFX] Unexpected exception in function '_create': basic_string::_M_construct null not valid.
error: Failed to create source 'Filter.Blur'!
info: User added filter 'Filter.Blur' (streamfx-filter-blur) to source 'Window Capture (Xcomposite)'
error: [StreamFX] Unexpected exception in function '_create': Missing file color-grade.effect..
error: Failed to create source 'Filter.ColorGrade'!
info: User added filter 'Filter.ColorGrade' (streamfx-filter-color-grade) to source 'Window Capture (Xcomposite)'

and other ones, like "Displacement", directly makes OBS to crash, segment fault.

I cloned source with git, I configure it well, compiled it. But it does the same.

I'm using a compiled version of OBS, with this Pull Request, but I have a version without that PR, and it does the same.

Xaymar

Xaymar updated StreamFX (for OBS Studio) with a new update entry:

StreamFX 0.8.1

It has been just under two months, and it's time for a patch release! A number of critical bugs have been fixed, which should result in an improved user experience, OBS stability, and perhaps even higher performance.
Source Mirror sources and Shader filters should no longer turn invisible!
Scene collections which heavily relied on these should now no longer have any issues with them, and properly show them. While the underlying cause has not been fully fixed, it should...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Xaymar

Xaymar updated StreamFX (for OBS Studio) with a new update entry:

StreamFX 0.8.2

This small patch fixes the two big problems discovered in version 0.8.1. The "About StreamFX" window should now remember that it was already shown before, and NVENC no longer writes incorrect values to the log file. Additionally the thank you entries in the about window were updated to match the current supporters.

Do you like StreamFX? Consider supporting the project!
This plugin is only possible through the continuous support through...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Xaymar

Make Them Awesome

Running into a rather odd thing with 0.8.3 and OBS 25.0.8 (x64-Win10). For some reason SDF Effects don't seem to do anything, either in preview or otherwise? Other effects in this package work fine so at the moment I'm not inclined to think it's an install problem of some sort. So... *shrug*?

Xaymar

Running into a rather odd thing with 0.8.3 and OBS 25.0.8 (x64-Win10). For some reason SDF Effects don't seem to do anything, either in preview or otherwise? Other effects in this package work fine so at the moment I'm not inclined to think it's an install problem of some sort. So... *shrug*?

Is the source transparent? If not, then that's the problem. Add a Crop / Pad with all values set to -1 to see effects appear.

Just installed this plugin. Got the credits/thank-you dialog when I relaunched OBS Studio. Not seeing it in my list of filters? How/where do we use this?

Status
Not open for further replies.