Status
Not open for further replies.

f2bacon

updated to the newest version and when i stream call of duty my entire computer crashes. it took me hours of figuring it out, but when i narrowed it down to removing the streamfx plugin files, everything runs perfectly fine

Xaymar

updated to the newest version and when i stream call of duty my entire computer crashes. it took me hours of figuring it out, but when i narrowed it down to removing the streamfx plugin files, everything runs perfectly fine

This is the first report of this, and is incredibly unlikely. Update your GPU drivers to the latest Game-Ready ones if it persists.

lkco

For those like me who installed and did not how to run !

You must add Source Mirror to the sorce list of screen -> then go to the Preferences of this SourMirror and add filters.

No need to thank ;D

Greets

f2bacon

This is the first report of this, and is incredibly unlikely. Update your GPU drivers to the latest Game-Ready ones if it persists.
i removed the .dll and .pbd files and it everything went back to normal. always running the latest game ready drivers. ive been too scared to put the files back in. i was blown away with the face tracking filter but honestly it brought the game down to 11fps and made my stream unwatchable. would obs logs be at all helpful?

Xaymar

i removed the .dll and .pbd files and it everything went back to normal. always running the latest game ready drivers. ive been too scared to put the files back in. i was blown away with the face tracking filter but honestly it brought the game down to 11fps and made my stream unwatchable. would obs logs be at all helpful?

Probably not. It's not impossible that you've hit a rare driver bug that NVIDIA missed in their testing. It's best to contact NVIDIA over this.

Xaymar

Just wondering, but what's the difference between using "Hardware" or "Software" encoders for NVENC?

While those terms haven't been used or shown at all for quite a while now, they used to mean the following:
  • Hardware: Does no cross-device copies or transfers, resulting in zero-copy encoding that can effectively use the raw performance of the encoder.
  • Software: Will make cross-device copies and transfers, even if zero-copy encoding is possible.
Since it can be automatically determined when to pick either mode, this decision has been fully automated in later versions of the plugin.

Zalanar

Hello everyone !
I tried to install StreamFX, and everything seemed to work ok but when I launch OBS nothing happens, I don't have the filters, and I can't find it anywhere. I tried to use the installation wizard, then the zip file, that I moved to my obs file, it didn't work so I tried to extract it in the OBS file.
I tried to reboot OBS too, also uninstalled it and all the local files to reinstall it and StreamFX right after but I can't manage to make it work. Does anyone have any idea ? (and, as you can all guess when you read my english, if there is any french people over here who could help it would be even better !)

FB_Productions

Hello!
Apologies if this isn't the place to ask, but I've imported your StreamFX plugin and I like it a lot,
but I have been having trouble getting a specific shader (that I found online) to work.
I have probably translated the code badly when trying to get it to work with StreamFX.
Here is the link to the Shader: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/MsK3WW
When trying to translate the shader I was using the example shader toy shaders
that you included with the plugin as a reference, but I had no success.

Can someone please help me out?
And please can you share the process so I can do it myself in the future if necessary?

Thanks in advance!

f2bacon

i can absolutely confirm streamfx is giving me issues while streaming call of duty. i added it back just to test. it works fine while streaming any other game but when i launch into a round of call of duty after under a minute it'l come down to around 20fps. i have an rtx 2070 and ryzen 5 2600x. the game runs fine until the streamfx.dll and streamfx.pdb are installed. even with nothing using any of it, the game and obs start freezing up for me. as soon as i pull those files out i have to exit and restart obs and all is well. is there anything i can do to help debug this?

Xaymar

i can absolutely confirm streamfx is giving me issues while streaming call of duty. i added it back just to test. it works fine while streaming any other game but when i launch into a round of call of duty after under a minute it'l come down to around 20fps. i have an rtx 2070 and ryzen 5 2600x. the game runs fine until the streamfx.dll and streamfx.pdb are installed. even with nothing using any of it, the game and obs start freezing up for me. as soon as i pull those files out i have to exit and restart obs and all is well. is there anything i can do to help debug this?

If you have the AR SDK installed, contact Nvidia. Aside from that, there should be no way for StreamFX to interfere with anything if it's really not being used - after all, not being used means that nothing is happening.

radtrace

ok, being a NON-programer, how do we convert hlsl shaders to ones obs and this awesome plugin can use? I have looked for tutorials on the changes to be made etc. supplied shaders work beautifully. i have found a lot of shaders out there, but none work with this as is. I know i have seen shadertoy filter and effect changed over, but dont know how to do the same for effects I want. does this make sense?

FB_Productions

ok, being a NON-programer, how do we convert hlsl shaders to ones obs and this awesome plugin can use? I have looked for tutorials on the changes to be made etc. supplied shaders work beautifully. i have found a lot of shaders out there, but none work with this as is. I know i have seen shadertoy filter and effect changed over, but dont know how to do the same for effects I want. does this make sense?
Basically same question that I had above. Is there a good known method for converting shader toy shaders for use with this plugin?

Xaymar

This is outside of the domain of what StreamFX is about, so there is no guide from my end on how to do this. In order to learn how to do that, you will have to learn minimal programming skills (the basics of C, GLSL and HLSL), and do a lot of trial and error. Or pay someone to do it for you, whichever is to your liking.

Last edited:

lkco

Hello everyone !
I tried to install StreamFX, and everything seemed to work ok but when I launch OBS nothing happens, I don't have the filters, and I can't find it anywhere. I tried to use the installation wizard, then the zip file, that I moved to my obs file, it didn't work so I tried to extract it in the OBS file.
I tried to reboot OBS too, also uninstalled it and all the local files to reinstall it and StreamFX right after but I can't manage to make it work. Does anyone have any idea ? (and, as you can all guess when you read my english, if there is any french people over here who could help it would be even better !)

I have the same problem in windows 10. Stream FX is not working here ? in windows 7 all plugs are active !

FB_Productions

This is outside of the domain of what StreamFX is about, so there is no guide from my end on how to do this. In order to learn how to do that, you will have to learn minimal programming skills (the basics of C, GLSL and HLSL), and do a lot of trial and error. Or pay someone to do it for you, whichever is to your liking.
In that case I have 2 questions:
- You mentioned in the wiki that only HLSL shaders are supported, so all GLSL shaders would need to be converted to HLSL?
- Does that also mean if I manage to come across any HLSL shaders online that they would be able to work with this plugin right out of the box OR would I need to tweak them for the plugin to be able to import them, even though hey are written in HLSL?

Xaymar

In that case I have 2 questions:
- You mentioned in the wiki that only HLSL shaders are supported, so all GLSL shaders would need to be converted to HLSL?
- Does that also mean if I manage to come across any HLSL shaders online that they would be able to work with this plugin right out of the box OR would I need to tweak them for the plugin to be able to import them, even though hey are written in HLSL?

1. GLSL is not supported due to the lack of annotations.
2. Some adjustments will have to be made to fit the parameter layout and inputs, and the necessary changes for OBS Studio's HLSL transpiler have to be made. The former is documented on the wiki, the latter largely matches XNA Fx and CGSL.

DavidBondy

I know that this was asked a couple of years ago but is it possible to get a version which works on macOS? If not, then is there somewhere where I can get a simple blur filter such as the one included in this package? Thanks in advance!

Xaymar

I know that this was asked a couple of years ago but is it possible to get a version which works on macOS? If not, then is there somewhere where I can get a simple blur filter such as the one included in this package? Thanks in advance!

MacOS is supported, however you will have to build the plugin yourself, or find someone who can do it for you. Alternatively, pay someone to implement the necessary Mac changes, as I will personally not do anything for Mac support - I don't have a Mac, and none of the offered machines come even close in value to their price, so I'm not buying one either. Since both Windows and Linux, my main operating systems, are supported, this is as far as I'll personally take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.