spectralizer

spectralizer v1.3.4

Vrijheidradio

I downloaded the zip from github but according to the manual I have o copy the content of the plugin folder in the zip to the plugin folder from OBS=. But the problem is thatre is no folder named "plugin" in the zip.
And in the video it looks like the zip contains different maps than I have,
The zip I downloaded had a map called "spectralizer-master" and in that map are a few maps called "data", "ffw3", "packages" and "src".
where can I find the plugins?
btw, the audio in he video is missing.

frogberg

I downloaded the zip from github but according to the manual I have o copy the content of the plugin folder in the zip to the plugin folder from OBS=. But the problem is thatre is no folder named "plugin" in the zip.
And in the video it looks like the zip contains different maps than I have,
The zip I downloaded had a map called "spectralizer-master" and in that map are a few maps called "data", "ffw3", "packages" and "src".
where can I find the plugins?
btw, the audio in he video is missing.
From what I can tell reading the other comments in this thread, it looks like you downloaded the zip file with the source code. You'll want to go back and download the zip for the application.

apoddar0115

Hey universallp

I'd like your help please. I have installed your package by first running brew in the terminal, and then running the install.sh for mac also in the terminal. I don't see Audio Visualizer in the sources. Can you help me please

Jack0009471

I can't get this to work. I'm running Linux Mint and I can usually get things going. Anyway, i've downloaded the plugin and I'm pretty sure i've for it in the right place. I've followed the instruction and it just won't show up on my sources. I'm pretty sure i'm doing something wrong but i can't figure out what it is.
When i run the lines through terminal it just moves the BIN and DATA folders up to the Config/obs-studio folder. That folder didn't exist on the Home before but did appear correctly when I ran the terminal commands. I couldn't get it to work at first but finally it did run correctly through the terminal but still nothing.
It's pretty frustrating. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• log.txt
    9.5 KB · Views: 30

Jack0009471

It seems I'm not the only person having this problem. I'm running Linux and i've worked out the issue. For anyone having the same difficulties, I hope this helps.
The version of OBS that you download from the Linux store doesn't work. It has several features switched off and is somehow more basic. First of all, remove it completely by uninstalling.Uninstall in the menu of simply...

sudo apt-get purge obs-studio

After you've done then run...

sudo apt autoremove

All that does is clean old dead files. It won't do any harm but should clean out all the old OBS junk.

Personally I manually went in and cleaned everything after. Just go to your HOME folder, search for OBS and delete anything left behind. Once you've got a nice, clean slate, reinstall it from the terminal.

Put into the terminal...

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:obsproject/obs-studio
sudo apt update
sudo apt install obs-studio

After that, you'll get a new, better version of OBS and you'll be able to add the plugins. I don't know what the problem was, but this fixed it for me.

hifihillary

hi, i used spectralizer v1.2 for mac for a while tonight with OBS v25.0.8 on mac mojave 10.14.6. very cool plugin, thank you for that.

then i went to try out another plugin - Tuna. the Tuna developer hasn't released a new version and has on their page to use the older version. installed it. couldn't get it to work AND it stopped spectralizer from working.
so, i tried many reinstalls and mac restarts and even deleted Tuna, still can't get spectralizer to work again.
it shows up as a source but no audio from any source triggers the metering/visuals either in the overlay or in the source selection popup.
i can hear & see the audio coming into OBS on the audio mixer meters no problem. spectralizer is not recognizing the audio source.

tried re-installing homebrew and spectralizer, everything seems to be in the right place.

help?
follow up - the problem is that spectralizer's source has to be toggled to something else, then toggled back. each. time. :(

flipofficial

Hey, I know I might be late to the party on this one and probably people have stated this already.
BUT......the Music Category on twitch and other platforms is growing rapidly, not to mention the podcasts and talk shows and most streamers (especially the ones starting out) use the ASIO driver. But spectralizer is not supporting ASIO and this is a feature I wanted since I started my stream.

I use Ableton to create loops and full songs with a lot of different elements and having that show up with spectralizer is something that I really love to have.(I am sure that all of the DJ streamers would enjoy as well).
My path is: MIC + Instrument > Ableton>ASIO

Spectralizer works with almost all of my media stuff, except ASIO.

Is there an update on when this will be implemented?

Rontronik

Installed Spectralizer on Mac with no problem EXCEPT found a compatibilty issue--> unable to open Adobe CC apps after spectralizer install (Uninstalled and Adobe CC apps work again) - any help on this would be fantastic - love the Spectralizer plugin but cant use (bummer)

Zzaaiinn

The installation was successful on Mac ( using HomeBrew on Terminal ) - but it's not appearing on the source. The attached error message seems to be some issue ?

Please suggest how to resolve this issue!

Thank you <3

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-10 02.34.48.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-10 02.34.48.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 57

CharlieCountryman

I don't know what's causing this but....It happens when clicking check boxes, selecting from drop down menus, etc.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2020-06-10 09-54-51.png
    Screenshot from 2020-06-10 09-54-51.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 61

RompinDonkey

Has anybody come across this issue before? As best I can tell this seems to happen when I install the Spectralizer plugin - I cannot get it to work, as in, Spectralizer doesn't show as an option in the "add source" menu but instead all of the menus and headings mess up as pictured
OBS Error.JPG

OBS Error2.JPG

Had to uninstall OBS completely once and start over, same thing happened second time I tried to install Spectralizer and really don't wanna start over again :( Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

RompinDonkey

Has anybody come across this issue before? As best I can tell this seems to happen when I install the Spectralizer plugin - I cannot get it to work, as in, Spectralizer doesn't show as an option in the "add source" menu but instead all of the menus and headings mess up as picturedView attachment 58157

View attachment 58158
Had to uninstall OBS completely once and start over, same thing happened second time I tried to install Spectralizer and really don't wanna start over again :( Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

As an update I seem to have fixed the issue. It seems to happen if I put the "Locale" files into my OBS files. Just for general advice, when installing plugins, if there is a Locale folder, should I be replacing the corresponding versions with the ones in a zip file? Or if they already exist not to bother? The plug in seems to be working fine now without my adding Locale docs and I am loving the plugin! Super sweet so thanks for that :)

Sabinn

I've been playing with the settings to see if I can configure the Spectralizer output a visualization akin to KITT from Knight Rider. I can get the 3 bars, click the stereo option to center the falloff... but I can't center the audio visualization. Is this possible or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Example of KITT @ https://youtu.be/WiTYzppwU7s?t=15

univrsal

I've been playing with the settings to see if I can configure the Spectralizer output a visualization akin to KITT from Knight Rider. I can get the 3 bars, click the stereo option to center the falloff... but I can't center the audio visualization. Is this possible or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Example of KITT @ https://youtu.be/WiTYzppwU7s?t=15
The stereo visualization is always centered, I don't know what you mean

univrsal

As an update I seem to have fixed the issue. It seems to happen if I put the "Locale" files into my OBS files. Just for general advice, when installing plugins, if there is a Locale folder, should I be replacing the corresponding versions with the ones in a zip file? Or if they already exist not to bother? The plug in seems to be working fine now without my adding Locale docs and I am loving the plugin! Super sweet so thanks for that :)
You have to merge the folders, not replace them. If you do that you are deleting the translation files for obs.
I don't know what's causing this but....It happens when clicking check boxes, selecting from drop down menus, etc.
That doesn't look like an issue with the plugin but rather with either obs studio or your general setup.

univrsal

The installation was successful on Mac ( using HomeBrew on Terminal ) - but it's not appearing on the source. The attached error message seems to be some issue ?

Please suggest how to resolve this issue!

Thank you <3
I don't use macOS so I can't really help you, but apparently sudo xattr -d com.apple.quarantine pathtoplugin/bin/spectralizer.so is supposed to fix that.
Hey, I know I might be late to the party on this one and probably people have stated this already.
BUT......the Music Category on twitch and other platforms is growing rapidly, not to mention the podcasts and talk shows and most streamers (especially the ones starting out) use the ASIO driver. But spectralizer is not supporting ASIO and this is a feature I wanted since I started my stream.

I use Ableton to create loops and full songs with a lot of different elements and having that show up with spectralizer is something that I really love to have.(I am sure that all of the DJ streamers would enjoy as well).
My path is: MIC + Instrument > Ableton>ASIO

Spectralizer works with almost all of my media stuff, except ASIO.

Is there an update on when this will be implemented?
I don't use ASIO but I have heard from multiple people that it doesn't work for some reason, are you using the ASIO plugin for obs?

JuanLiempo

This plug is so dope, definitely helps fill dead space for me in my static scenes.

Came across these videos Audio Library youtube, was wondering if it was possible to have something similar as a filter?

Or if you could point me in a direction for making filters, i would definitely like to learn more.

Thanks again for the plugin.

univrsal

This plug is so dope, definitely helps fill dead space for me in my static scenes.

Came across these videos Audio Library youtube, was wondering if it was possible to have something similar as a filter?

Or if you could point me in a direction for making filters, i would definitely like to learn more.

Thanks again for the plugin.
The shader filter plugin is probably your best bet.