spectralizer

spectralizer v1.3.4

RoyceRemix

First of all, great plugin! One important note though, I thought that my install didn't work, as I've seen many people state in the discussion and reviews, and it was because the install video stops at merging the files and doesn't show how to use it. I was looking for a new source in obs that would be called "spectralizer" and looked right past "audio visualizer" because it kind of blends in with the "audio input capture" and "audio output capture" that I'm so used to just glancing past.

I highly recommend at least stating in your description somewhere that people should be looking for audio visualizer in their sources, and it might be a good idea to update the video to also depict adding an instance of the plugin in OBS. Unfortunate that ppl post their issues under reviews instead of discussion, but clearing up how to use the plugin might help avoid unjust poor reviews like that.

Anyways, thanks for this awesome tool! Works great when you know where to find it! ;D

1597427609999.png

univrsal

First of all, great plugin! One important note though, I thought that my install didn't work, as I've seen many people state in the discussion and reviews, and it was because the install video stops at merging the files and doesn't show how to use it. I was looking for a new source in obs that would be called "spectralizer" and looked right past "audio visualizer" because it kind of blends in with the "audio input capture" and "audio output capture" that I'm so used to just glancing past.

I highly recommend at least stating in your description somewhere that people should be looking for audio visualizer in their sources, and it might be a good idea to update the video to also depict adding an instance of the plugin in OBS. Unfortunate that ppl post their issues under reviews instead of discussion, but clearing up how to use the plugin might help avoid unjust poor reviews like that.

Anyways, thanks for this awesome tool! Works great when you know where to find it! ;D

View attachment 59999
I mean that missing source icon sticks out like a sore thumb, but yeah I keep my explanations fairly short because I've done it a dozen times so I skip way too many things but at the same time I don't want to assume that people can't figure these things out on their own.

RoyceRemix

I mean that missing source icon sticks out like a sore thumb, but yeah I keep my explanations fairly short because I've done it a dozen times so I skip way too many things but at the same time I don't want to assume that people can't figure these things out on their own.

Fair enough, but the average user probably isn't a power user either Anyways it's always good to over-explain to the masses...
Why not just call it Spectralizer in the source list?

smith101

Thanks to another windows user. Requested him to send his obs files and cross checked where the mistake was and it started working.

First of all thank you to the creator this tool.

The folders shown in the video are completely different from the ones downloaded. The issue lies here.

Thank you to all who helped me out.

univrsal

Thanks to another windows user. Requested him to send his obs files and cross checked where the mistake was and it started working.

First of all thank you to the creator this tool.

The folders shown in the video are completely different from the ones downloaded. The issue lies here.

Thank you to all who helped me out.
The files are most definitely not different, the video show exactly what you have to download and if you download that archive you will get exactly the files you need.

smith101

Clearly the video is different from the download.

Below is a screenshot of the download folders
1597829327543.png

In the obs installation directory you do not have obs-plug.

I hope now you understand the issue other users are facing.

univrsal

Clearly the video is different from the download.

Below is a screenshot of the download folders
View attachment 60154

In the obs installation directory you do not have obs-plug.

I hope now you understand the issue other users are facing.
I don't even know where you're getting these files from, the official download on github does not contain a folder called 'OBS-PLUG', neither does the official installation video on the plugin page show anything like that.

univrsal

GamingDominari

Is there anyway to make it so it only comes from a specific window? I have the Spotify app running but it won't let me just use audio from there.

alniromusic

I have 5 different audio tracks routed into OBS. Chatbot, Discord, Game / Desktop Sounds, Microphone, & Spotify, and I've tested it with all 5. As for my audio setup, I use Voicemeeter Potato and use Virtual Audio Cables for the routing. The whole VAIO thing is just one of the default names for the VM tracks, which I assume is just an acronym for Virtual Audio Input/Output.

I just tested the Spotify track with the compressor filter, and sidechained it with my microphone track, and that definitely works properly.

Is there any other screenshots or logs you would like me to send that might help solve this?
I have exactly the same issue, no matter the audio input i select on the plugin (the usual audio desktop or ASIO Input Capture sources from my audio interface) the visualizer will never move a bit. Did you ever found anything else about this?
universallp could this kind of problem be related with the OBS Music Edition?
Has anyone ever tested this plugin with WoiceMeeter (Potato) + OBS ME?

It is like the final missing addition to my streaming setup :(