spectralizer

spectralizer v1.3.4

Hootwheelz

First of all, that's pretty amazing. I didn't think the plugin could be used for something like this. Secondly, yes the visualizer auto adjusts the scale, because it was initially intended for music, which more often than not has varying volume. I think I can disable the auto adjustment, but I'll have to take a look at the code first, which won't be until next Tuesday. For now, have you tried using a noise gate? Or does that not do anything?
Thanks for you kind words about my application of your plugin, but I wasn't the one who thought of this. Someone on Twitter figured out how to do this and I just followed what they did. I was looking for a solution like FaceRig to get a mascot on-screen talking for me, but FR's licensing is expensive and the software itself doesn't seem to operate as seamlessly as I would like. Being able to use your plugin as an FR alternative feels like freedom to me!

I took your suggestion and tried to use a noise gate, but the issue persists. It seems as though the automatic volume compensation will simply continue increasing the volume of the "audio" until it hits the point that it activates the image mask.

One last thing came up in my mind while thinking about disabling the audio compensation. If disabling the compensation is possible, it may be necessary to include a manual "volume" adjustment of some sort to prevent the intensity of the visualizer being too high or too low. I hope making this kind of stuff work is a simple fix, and doesn't lead you down a huge programming rabbit hole!!

111112oo

Hello! With these settings my spectralizer sources turn into un-resetable full bars after OBS is re-opened.
1580900574438.png

please help!

univrsal

Thanks for you kind words about my application of your plugin, but I wasn't the one who thought of this. Someone on Twitter figured out how to do this and I just followed what they did. I was looking for a solution like FaceRig to get a mascot on-screen talking for me, but FR's licensing is expensive and the software itself doesn't seem to operate as seamlessly as I would like. Being able to use your plugin as an FR alternative feels like freedom to me!

I took your suggestion and tried to use a noise gate, but the issue persists. It seems as though the automatic volume compensation will simply continue increasing the volume of the "audio" until it hits the point that it activates the image mask.

One last thing came up in my mind while thinking about disabling the audio compensation. If disabling the compensation is possible, it may be necessary to include a manual "volume" adjustment of some sort to prevent the intensity of the visualizer being too high or too low. I hope making this kind of stuff work is a simple fix, and doesn't lead you down a huge programming rabbit hole!!
Well, looks like it was fairly easy to add the feature. I'll try to make a new release soon.
1580941500600.png

111112oo

Can you give me your log file? Does Spectralizer not work at all, or does it just reset after you restart obs?
I assume this is the log you're talking about.

Just the specific instance will break upon obs restart with the monstercat filter enabled. If you turn the monstercat filter off and restart obs then it will work fine again. I need the monstercat filter for my setup. I can add new spectralizer instances fine.

univrsal

Just the specific instance will break upon obs restart with the monstercat filter enabled. If you turn the monstercat filter off and restart obs then it will work fine again. I need the monstercat filter for my setup. I can add new spectralizer instances fine.
Nah I mean the obs log. It's under the help menu in obs studio, but if it's the monstercat filter I might be able to debug it myself.

univrsal

Well it seems like setting the monstercat filter strength to anything below 1 breaks the visualizer. I also found out that the value range is wrong. The monstercat filter works best somewhere in between 1 and 1.5. I'll try and adjust the value range in the next release

Hootwheelz

Thank you universallp for this amazing plugin! Thanks to the new options, Hoot talks consistently without much effort! Spectralizer crashed OBS when I switched from one input to another, but I lost the log file for it. I'll keep my eye out for the issue (i regularly swap between my XLR mic and Rift mic) but other than that, the plugin works exactly for what I need it for! Thank you~

univrsal

Thank you universallp for this amazing plugin! Thanks to the new options, Hoot talks consistently without much effort! Spectralizer crashed OBS when I switched from one input to another, but I lost the log file for it. I'll keep my eye out for the issue (i regularly swap between my XLR mic and Rift mic) but other than that, the plugin works exactly for what I need it for! Thank you~
The logs and crash reports are stored in %appdata%\obs-studio, although I'm not sure how much it'll help me since I forgot to include the debug info in this build. I added them now, so if you redownload the latest release and reinstall it the next crashlog will contain additional information that'll help with debugging.

Last edited:

BlazingBlackBeard

Unfortunately I'm not a software coder, I'm an audio and video hardware guy. If I knew how to code I would have contributed long before now :-)

univrsal

Unfortunately I'm not a software coder, I'm an audio and video hardware guy. If I knew how to code I would have contributed long before now :-)
Well it's not really about programming and more about math. I need a way to map the results of the fourier transformation to a logarithmic scale, which is what I'm stuck at.

McRiot

loving the plugin, really close to what I've been searching for.
couple minor future requests maybe I would love to see happen..
- Gradient Colors
- Transparency

univrsal

loving the plugin, really close to what I've been searching for.
couple minor future requests maybe I would love to see happen..
- Gradient Colors
- Transparency
Transparency is possible with the color correction filter, Gradient color should be possible with the shader filter or masking

zarando

Hi there, having trouble installing this. I downloaded the ZIP file from Github. The folder in the archive is called "spectralizer-master".

In that folder there are the following folders: data, fffftw3, package, src, and then a bunch of random files along with them. I have tried putting the entire folder in my program files/obs-studio/obs-plugins/64bit direcrory, I've tried extracting the folder contents into that directory, but its not showing up as a source in OBS.

I have read the installation directions 100x but there is no "plugins" folder in the ZIP file I download. Please tell me what I am missing - thanks kindly!