Source Record

Source Record 0.3.4

Empiro

Something seems to be broken in the latest OBS release. Yesterday I have been pulling my hair all day trying to figure out why I got the "Stopping recording ..." message when using Source Record on a clean install of OBS 30.1.
When I did a new install of OBS 30.0.02 with Source Record everything seems to be working again just fine.
Anyone else having similar experiences?

smcserv

Something seems to be broken in the latest OBS release. Yesterday I have been pulling my hair all day trying to figure out why I got the "Stopping recording ..." message when using Source Record on a clean install of OBS 30.1.
When I did a new install of OBS 30.0.02 with Source Record everything seems to be working again just fine.
Anyone else having similar experiences?
Yes...Same issue here. I'm using the Flatpak version of OBS.

After upgrading to OBS 30.1, "Source Record" plugin still works, except it won't stop recording when I clicked "Stop Recording..." on OBS main control dock, thus showing the "Stopping recording..." message. Until I exit OBS completely, at which point OBS would prompt me with a message indicating some recording is still ongoing and asked if I really wanted to "Quit". Only after I exited OBS would the "Source Record" plugin stopped recording. I confirmed that after checking the corresponding recorded videos' time-stamp and length.

I can also confirm that by downgrading OBS to 30.0.2 would restore the stop recording functionality for "Source Record" plugin.

I like the added feature (not to mention fixes) in OBS 30.1 such as VAAPI-AV1 support, but I also need to retain the ability to record a source separately. But if I have to choose, I would go back to OBS 30.0.2.

Lastly, many thanks to Exeldro for this amazing plugin (and many others). I've been a fan for several years now and can't say enough how his plugins have streamlined my streaming and recording sessions! Thanks again.

CheeseFries

I agree it's broken. I'm experiencing an issue since update where if I select "Use hardware encoding when available" for a source such as one of my livestream cams, I get a black screen with working audio. Have a had a few encoder overload issues as well since the update.
I wasn't 100% on the update, I should have went with my gut feeling. I'm going to go back a version as well.

lcalder

Exceldro,

On MacOS, ARM, updating to the new OBS version 30.1.0 causes this plugin to fail to stop recording, necessitating using a force quit to get OBS to stop recording. Once recording is started, when one tries to click on stop recording, it just says "Stopping recording..." on the controlpanel button, but won't stop, No Way, No How. Additionally, it is impossible to right-click a scene and get the right-click menu to open up once a source-record filter has been placed on any scene. I tried going back to the beta3, beta2, etc versions but still wouldn't work. Going back to 30.0 causes everything to work fine again. Removing the plugin when v30.1 is installed will also reenable to use of right-click on scenes (to add filters, etc).
I've included logs from V30.1.0 with source-record present and with the plugin removed for comparison... if that helps.
Thanks for this great plugin. Let me know if you need me to provide further info.

Attachments

• 2024-03-18 19-55-57 with source-record.txt
    48.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 2024-03-18 20-00-28 with source-record removed.txt
    48.4 KB · Views: 12

Moulaythami

Exceldro,

On MacOS, ARM, updating to the new OBS version 30.1.0 causes this plugin to fail to stop recording, necessitating using a force quit to get OBS to stop recording. Once recording is started, when one tries to click on stop recording, it just says "Stopping recording..." on the controlpanel button, but won't stop, No Way, No How. Additionally, it is impossible to right-click a scene and get the right-click menu to open up once a source-record filter has been placed on any scene. I tried going back to the beta3, beta2, etc versions but still wouldn't work. Going back to 30.0 causes everything to work fine again. Removing the plugin when v30.1 is installed will also reenable to use of right-click on scenes (to add filters, etc).
I've included logs from V30.1.0 with source-record present and with the plugin removed for comparison... if that helps.
Thanks for this great plugin. Let me know if you need me to provide further info.
Hi,

Same thing for me
Log file attached.

Attachments

• 2024-03-19 23-57-11.txt
    16.5 KB · Views: 13

obsobvious

A couple of things I haven't seen mentioned...

1) OBS always crashes when closing OBS after changing OBS Profiles.

2) Audio bitrate never records greater than 128kbps. This happens even though the track bitrate is set to 320kbps (OBS Output Audio tab), the track number being recording is not the same as the track number used for streaming (OBS Output Streaming and Recording tabs), and "Ignore streaming service setting recommendations" is checked (OBS Stream tab).

Source Record Version 0.3.2
OBS Version 30.0.2

zerosignal

Yes...Same issue here. I'm using the Flatpak version of OBS.

After upgrading to OBS 30.1, "Source Record" plugin still works, except it won't stop recording when I clicked "Stop Recording..." on OBS main control dock, thus showing the "Stopping recording..." message. Until I exit OBS completely, at which point OBS would prompt me with a message indicating some recording is still ongoing and asked if I really wanted to "Quit". Only after I exited OBS would the "Source Record" plugin stopped recording. I confirmed that after checking the corresponding recorded videos' time-stamp and length.

I can also confirm that by downgrading OBS to 30.0.2 would restore the stop recording functionality for "Source Record" plugin.

I like the added feature (not to mention fixes) in OBS 30.1 such as VAAPI-AV1 support, but I also need to retain the ability to record a source separately. But if I have to choose, I would go back to OBS 30.0.2.

Lastly, many thanks to Exeldro for this amazing plugin (and many others). I've been a fan for several years now and can't say enough how his plugins have streamlined my streaming and recording sessions! Thanks again.
I want to give you a huge shout-out!

This post has stopped me from literally pulling my hair out with issues with OBS recordings over the last three weeks. I was legit ready to scrap recording in 4k, but downgrading has me back in the game!

Halefa

IS there a chance that you can use "same encoder as streaming" for this plugin? Like the OBS recording settings. Or is it not possible, because the plugin maybe cannot access that?

Exeldro

@Halefa if you want something different on your recording you can not use the same encoder. Maybe you want the same encoder settings as OBS and not the encoder itself?

k0ntroversial

I'm having an issue with the Source Record plugin. I only have it active on my Gameplay screen but when I start with my "Starting Soon" screen or switch to my "BRB" or my "End Stream" scenes, it doesn't record (which is obvious). But lately it's only been recording for a total of like 30 minutes then shutting off. During my stream tonight, my game crashed and I opened the game back up but Source Record was not "active" after restarting so there was no recording after that.

Under my "Gameplay" scene, I have my "Game Capture" source which has the source record filter. None of my other scenes have this filter because there is no gameplay on them.

If I add the "Source Record" filter to all of my backgrounds sources in my other scenes, will it record continuously or will it start a new file each time I switch scenes? Or will that even work at all?

Also, my Source Record .mp4 files are always showing error code "0xc00d36c4" after the recording is done until I restart my computer.

k0ntroversial

I'm having an issue with the Source Record plugin. I only have it active on my Gameplay screen but when I start with my "Starting Soon" screen or switch to my "BRB" or my "End Stream" scenes, it doesn't record (which is obvious). But lately it's only been recording for a total of like 30 minutes then shutting off. During my stream tonight, my game crashed and I opened the game back up but Source Record was not "active" after restarting so there was no recording after that.

Under my "Gameplay" scene, I have my "Game Capture" source which has the source record filter. None of my other scenes have this filter because there is no gameplay on them.

If I add the "Source Record" filter to all of my backgrounds sources in my other scenes, will it record continuously or will it start a new file each time I switch scenes? Or will that even work at all?

Also, my Source Record .mp4 files are always showing error code "0xc00d36c4" after the recording is done until I restart my computer.

Figure out the issue was OBS 30.1.1. I rolled back to 30.0.2 and haven't had this issue since.

My new problem is now dealing with is that I set the Rate Control to CQP with a value of 16, close the Source Record Window, open it back up and it's showing CQP with a value of 2500 Kbps.

Attachments

• CQP (after).JPG
    CQP (after).JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 11
  • CQP.JPG
    CQP.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 12

MauroZ

Excellent Plug-in, thank you! Would be possible to append a number - ex. (2) - to the filename when a video source with the same file name is recorded? This is what OBS does for scene recording when "overwrite" option is unchecked. With this plug-in however I cannot reproduce the same behavior for source recording and all files get overwritten.

Jolesh

Is it just me who is having problems installing it on Linux? In general I find the instructions for Linux quite unclear.
I downloaded the Linux version and put the "source-record"-folder in "/home/username/.config/obs-studio/plugins". Afterwards I installed Visual C++ according to this tutorial, rebooted and checked that it's working. However I still don't have the filter option.
Can anybody help me?

Tormy

Last edited:

MentirosoTroll

Hello!
Everytime i open a program that needs administrator perms screen captures stops recording when DXGI Screen capture option is selected.
Is there any fix for this?
Also, is there any discord server for this plugin to get help? ty

Tormy

I edite my previous intervention adding some detail. OBS still crashing without generating ANY Crash log.