Source Record

Source Record 0.3.4

Metabilis

I'm using this to record two different scenes with their own audio track, but one video merges the two audio tracks and the other video is left silent. This only happens when recording for a long time where as a minute or two is just fine. Both recordings are on mp4 format on x264 encoder.

Kavitiez

Greetings all,
Does Source Record have a way to auto remux after recording?
Looking to do the same as OBS does with the main recording file.

Thanks

Lucian V. Ghost

Loving the general usefullness of the plugin so far, but I seem to be having trouble with the audio side of things. Is it possible to select multiple tracks to record for MP4 file formats? Or is that something that's still under development?

Matt Reiner

Hey @Exeldro, now that WHIP is officially part of OBS, do you have plans to add support to Source Record?

My use case is to have guests use Source Record to create two WHIP streams to send a their raw camera and screen to my OBS instance using VDO.Ninja.

Hue

Hi folks,

Just found the plugin, excited to get a separate audio file along with the video...

All seems to be working.. sorta. I have two files when I record as expected, mp4, but.. while one is significantly smaller in file size (which I would expect to be the audio file) BUT both files contain the video as well... what gives?

BearClaymore

Hello! Could someone guide me on how to set up the filter so that it records a scene with both the video and audio present in that scene?
I’ve been testing but it only captured the video.

IssacI69

So I have a problem. im using this plugin to record my webcam footage for my videos and I have for a while without any issues. Until just now when I was finished recording something and was going to check the footage again and it was justa giant purple pixely mess. I don't know what causeing this becasue Ive used the same settings I haver fora while. Now I have reset my computer recently though so I dont know if that did anything. Please help
1702327800027.png

IssacI69

So I have a problem. im using this plugin to record my webcam footage for my videos and I have for a while without any issues. Until just now when I was finished recording something and was going to check the footage again and it was justa giant purple pixely mess. I don't know what causeing this becasue Ive used the same settings I haver fora while. Now I have reset my computer recently though so I dont know if that did anything. Please help View attachment 100018
I tried changing the recording format to .mkv, .mov, and .mp4. I would always record my webcam to .mkv for redundancy but for some reason this is happening

OleDre

Hello, Exeldro I just finished watching a video on the use of your OBS plugin, I just want to confirm, that I can use it to capture video and an application, I'm trying to do something with Macroworks 3.1 for the use with the RailDriver by P.I. Engineering or as they are known now by https://xkeys.com. Or I can only Video, ie; game or webcam/camera.

CrioChamber

Would appreciate it if the replay buffer allowed us to record longer than 1000 seconds.

It also doesn't play nicely to shutting down OBS it seems.

Nick1209

For anyone who has issues where game capture with source record filter is not recording after switching games / reloading a game and you have to restart OBS in order for it to record again, you can just make the "game capture" a scene then nest that scene into the "live" scene then add the source record filter to that specific "nested source". I found this out because display capture would always work with source record but not with game capture after switching games or a new map was loaded in bf4 for my case, nesting the scene solved it for me anyways. I spent two days trying to get game capture to work with source record and this was the only option that allowed me to switch games and not need to restart OBS. This also solves the issue where source record causes OBS to crash or "unsafely shutdown" when you exit OBS whether the game is still open or not. I hope this helps at least some people out because I spent way too much time trying to figure out what was going on with my setup.

Footygamer89

So I downloaded Exeldro source recorder plugin to allow me to export both webcam and gameplay into separate video files everything seemed fine but today after I finished a recording which didn't that the plugin enabled under filters I gotna obs crash which the log file said obs gpu encode thread (Crashed)

Checked event viewer no errors at all so was wondering if anyone familiar with this plugin can tell me if it's likely the plugin was causing the error I've since removed it and updated the graphics card drivers

Attachments

• Crash 2023-12-31 15-54-59.txt
    126.8 KB · Views: 11
I'm thinking of enabling our control tower to view the live recordings via ndi so they can create their own instant replays. Do you think that would work?

abhii

Hello,
Iam using this source record plugin for a while to create gaming content's..
But now Iam facing a problem that when i record gameplays with source record filter on - in game my fps drop's down 80 to 40 and 30.. And gaming is so laggy..
I don't before face these problem's any of game's but now it's happening with my all games..
I mainly play assetto corsa and i think it's a gpu and cpu heavy game but it's well optimized because my gpu is RX 6500 XT, Rysen 5 3600 and 16gb Ram..
But the problem is not my spec's because i used to record well with these game's and uploaded many video's..
But Iam facing this problem for more than a week..
And these problems only Affect When i Enable "Source Record"
Please Help Me..

Hello,
Iam using this source record plugin for a while to create gaming content's..
But now Iam facing a problem that when i record gameplays with source record filter on - in game my fps drop's down 80 to 40 and 30.. And gaming is so laggy..
I don't before face these problem's any of game's but now it's happening with my all games..
I mainly play assetto corsa and i think it's a gpu and cpu heavy game but it's well optimized because my gpu is RX 6500 XT, Rysen 5 3600 and 16gb Ram..
But the problem is not my spec's because i used to record well with these game's and uploaded many video's..
But Iam facing this problem for more than a week..
And these problems only Affect When i Enable "Source Record"
Please Help Me..
Try recording to a clean ssd drive?
How many sources are you trying to use?
A log file may help for others to see

Last edited:

FMCpt

This plugin is just great.
I am using that each window goes to a separate file.
Whenever I start OBS I need to select each "Scenes" manually so that it starts recording that scene.
Is it possible to trigger start of separate video files and not need to go through each scene manually on start?

KyleAndrew

Hey everyone I am having an audio problem with the plugin. I built a new scene for testing and set the filter to run whenever I record. So the main OBS recording turns out perfectly. The source record plugin output is fine from a video perspective, but the audio contains a lot of static and/or interference type of noise. This happens whether I reocrd to MKV or MP4. Has anyone had this happen to them and if so what is the fix/solution?