Source Record

Source Record 0.3.4

CptBubbles

I have problem with this plugin, it just stop recordings, after 40 minutes in one occasion and after 1 hour in other. I didn't stop recording at all, and i don't have hotkey to accidentally stop recording... Does anybody know how to solve this issue?
Did anyone find a fix to this? I have source record on 3 separate instances, and only one of them randomly stops recording.

Kiki Mac

Hi,

I'm having an issue setting this up how I'd like it to work for me.

To break it down, this is what I'd like to do:
  • Have a scene containing the game and webcam
  • Stream this scene to Twitch (so far, so good)
  • Have the option to press a hotkey to save the last 300s of gameplay, but just the game - without my webcam.
  • I don't want to do Source Record for my entire stream length, only use it to save shorter clips on the fly.
I've tried a few variations of settings with Source Record, with different Record Mode options, Replay Buffer enabled, and set the Hotkey for Save Replay Buffer - Source Record. However, I can't seem the get the result I'm after. Can anyone help me with settings for this?

Thanks

Kyle44

I want to say this plugin is a lifesaver, But there is one thing I am struggling to see if it works with this and if it is possible to get working, I cannot begin to express how much more infinitely helpful this plugin will be for me.

Is there any way whatsoever to get the obs studio pause/unpause recording button to work when just recording a gameplay source only, I've tried and it of course pauses/unpause the overall obs recording, but I desperately need it to work for the source recording too when I press the button, if that alone is possible in any way, form or fashion, it would save me more than dozens of hours having to cut out my own break times for the source recording in video editing software.

If anyone has any help they can provide for me, please have no hesitation to give it, Thanks a ton.

Leeiuum

Hi.

I've had a problem for a bit now with the audio being synced off-set completely. I've found a fix if anyone is experiencing the same problem and might want to try.

I simply went onto the plugin page and went to the history subtab and installed 0.3.1 instead of 0.3.2, now my webcamera footage, microphone and game footage are in sync.

Worth passing the message since it was infuriating me haha

Harrikane

Hey this plugins is amazing thank you for that.
I’m using it nvenc av1 and it also works.
But I am recording my stream and as this recording can be long I think a file is corrupted.
It is an 8 hour long stream recorded filesize roughly 70gb.
Is there anything I can do about it?
And other suggestion is it possible to add autosplitter like in the normal recording settings I think that would be great.

Thank you so much

whitep4nth3r

Hello!

Trying to work out how to record more than one source effectively.

What I want to achieve:
- Record my face camera
- Record the output from my capture card, which is the screen of my other machine I use whilst streaming
- Whilst streaming or recording

I've set up the following:

Camera:
- Source record filter on my 'camera' — this is via the Elgato CamLink USB dongle
- Record mode: streaming or recording
- Rec format: mp4
- Stream mode: none
- Different audio: YES (this works when the camera source records)
- Encoder: Software (x264) — any other setting didn't output anything
- Encoding options: default

Capture card:
- Source record filter on my capture card source — this is via the Elgato HD60S
- Record mode: streaming or recording
- Rec format: mp4
- Stream mode: none
- Different audio: NO
- Encoder: Software (x264) — any other setting didn't output anything
- Encoding options: default

If I turn off the filter on either source, one source records fine. If both filters are on, the capture card output is recorded only.
This has only been tested whilst hitting 'Record', not 'Stream' — and the full OBS output has recorded with no problems.

syrehn

I have yet to get this to work with any OBS version higher than 29.0.2. Has anyone been able to use it effectively with 29.1.x?
Every time I try, it never records the set sources.

According to the log files it looks like it might be an issue with the Muxer. For example:

14:03:19.908: [ffmpeg muxer: 'Source Record'] Writing file 'D:/Users/NAME/Videos/Captures/[ OBS Captures ]/2023-09-13_RAW_02-03-19'... 14:03:21.108: [ffmpeg muxer: 'Source Record'] os_process_pipe_write for packet data failed 14:03:21.109: [ffmpeg muxer: 'Source Record'] ffmpeg-mux: Couldn't find an appropriate muxer for 'D:/Users/NAME/Videos/Captures/[ OBS Captures ]/2023-09-13_RAW_02-03-19' 14:03:21.109: Couldn't initialize muxer

Last edited:

syrehn

@Exeldro - If the issue that I posted above about the Muxer not initializing in OBS versions greater than higher than 29.0.2 isn't related to the plugin itself and something with core OBS the OBS team have stated they'll look into it. They need confirmation from you according to them. :)

syrehn

@syrehn the file path in that log does not seem to have an extension
@Exeldro - Oh, you're right!

I didn't notice that before, thanks for pointing that out. When upgrading OBS the "Rec Format" appears to be clearing itself in the filter and it's blank. Reapplying the extension from the dropdown seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks!

JimmyBim

Hey, so this has been working flawlessly aside from one issue. There is just no option to set a hotkey for replay buffer, I've looked everywhere but it's just missing. The option to set the replay buffer length and enable it is still there, just no option to set a hotkey that would allow you to save the replay.

hevisko

I'm trying to get a setup where I record the video feed plus it's audio, but have that video feed's audio muted in OBS, though I have cases I need/want to unmute it when I need some audio from the audience side (I have the speakers on a separate Mic/audio feeds).

The problem seems that Whenever I mute that video feed in the mixer, the audio of the "source record" recording is also muted.

hevisko

Did anyone find a fix to this? I have source record on 3 separate instances, and only one of them randomly stops recording.
hmmm... I think I mightve been hit by similar issue - I've tested the video feeds during a "short" 2minute periods, but the longer 1+hour recordings are missing them 0_0

Perhaps a size issue, ie. >1GB file size problem?