Recording multiple sources: OBS crashes

Tormy

Yesterday for the first time, I wanted to try to record multiple sources.
So: in a Scene, I'm capturing a screen and I added the fitler to record the source.
In the same scene I added another screen capture, that records another screen. I added to it also the filter to record the source.

As soon as I start to record: BS starts to stutter and after few seconds crashes.

OBS version 30..1.1 and 30.1.2
OS Win 11 Pro

Tormy

Thank you it worked out :-)

EDIT:

for 2 recordings was ok

at the 3d time I tired: it had same behavior. Stuttering and crashing :-(But it did it when I stopped the recording.

PaiSand

Go to the Discussion section on the plugin's page and ask in there so the creator of the plugin can see it. Attach the log file corresponding to the moment it fail.

Suslik V

OBS crash logs has "crash" word in its name.

How it looks your crash? OBS simply disappears from tasks list or what?

Last edited:

Tormy

OBS crash logs has "crash" word in its name.

How it looks your crash? OBS simply disappears from tasks list or what?
Yes after stuttering all of sudden it disappears.
Into the crash log folder there is not any crash on that date/hor. There are old crashes about laste year and nothing else.

So: the only one LOG I could upload: I uploaded. And it was produced on the correct date/hour.

Suslik V

You likely uploaded wrong log, because it has full OBS session (from startup to shutdown) without major issues in it.

If no crash log present in the corresponding folder of OBS (after OBS actually crashed) then you need help from someone of the developers of OBS.
You will be asked to make automated memory dump on exit and share this dump privately with the developer right after OBS fails (something similar was described in this thread, different issue but as an example: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-crashing-all-the-time-from-rtsp-sources.165637/).

Tormy

You likely uploaded wrong log, because it has full OBS session (from startup to shutdown) without major issues in it.

If no crash log present in the corresponding folder of OBS (after OBS actually crashed) then you need help from someone of the developers of OBS.
You will be asked to make automated memory dump on exit and share this dump privately with the developer right after OBS fails (something similar was described in this thread, different issue but as an example: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-crashing-all-the-time-from-rtsp-sources.165637/).
"memory dump on exit" ? How can I do it since OBS just crashes and disappear?
Where do I find OBS developers? on GitHub?

Suslik V

When you will be asked by developer of OBS to make such dump - you will be instructed how to made it. Right now you may read the thread mentioned by me above - there was same conversation between user and developer of OBS.