UpDownLeftDie

I have a 24/7 stream with 4 IP cameras as media sources that use RTSP to stream to OBS. Sometimes their connection drops out, and I think this causes OBS to crash somehow.
Sometimes it doesn't happen for days, sometimes it just keeps happening after I restart OBS.
Around half the time, I don't even get the "obs crashed" error window. I'll just come to my computer and OBS won't be running anymore. None of the logs seem to have any information about the "crash" either.

I created an entire new OBS installation just in case it was a plugin causing it. This has been ongoing for over 2 months.

Unhandled exception: c0000005
Fault address: 7FF8CE53736B (obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit\obs-ffmpeg.dll)
libobs version: 29.0.2 (64-bit)
Windows version: 10.0 build 19045 (release: 22H2; revision: 2788; 64-bit)

Attachments

• Crash 2023-04-01 21-45-50.txt
    150 KB · Views: 39

UpDownLeftDie

Heres log from it crashing just after opening

Attachments

• 2023-04-07 00-21-35.txt
    45.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Crash 2023-04-07 00-21-59.txt
    150 KB · Views: 22

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Is it possible to share one of these sources publicly? I've tested on my own RTSP sources without any issues.

UpDownLeftDie

Is it possible to share one of these sources publicly? I've tested on my own RTSP sources without any issues.
Can I DM you the links?

Also, an update, I switched to using the VLC source which seems more stable, but they very often freeze. Which in a way is worse than crashing from a viewer's perspective. Found a thread about using gstreamer and going to try that next.

UpDownLeftDie

Switched to 29.1.0-beta3 and seems a lot more stable with the media sources.
First test ran for 17 hours before suddenly closing without a crash (no crash log generated)

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
If you could get a dump of one of these crashes it would be very useful.

You can enable crash dump collection on exit with this .reg file:

To disable it again, import this one:

Note that this will create a crash dump every time OBS exits - whether from a crash or a normal exit, so be careful. Dumps will be stored in the "%TEMP%\Silent Process Exit" folder. If you could DM me one next time it happens that would help track this down.

Suslik V

@R1CH , second link is 404 now.

the "SPE-Enable.reg":
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SilentProcessExit\obs64.exe]
"DumpType"=dword:00000121
"ReportingMode"=dword:00000006

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\obs64.exe]
"TracingFlags"=dword:00000000
"GlobalFlag"=dword:00000200

I assume, the "SPE-Disable.reg" contains:
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SilentProcessExit\obs64.exe]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\obs64.exe]

Tormy

If you could get a dump of one of these crashes it would be very useful.

You can enable crash dump collection on exit with this .reg file:

To disable it again, import this one:

Note that this will create a crash dump every time OBS exits - whether from a crash or a normal exit, so be careful. Dumps will be stored in the "%TEMP%\Silent Process Exit" folder. If you could DM me one next time it happens that would help track this down.
i need this as well because I got an issue with source recording. OBS crashes without making any Crashlog

QUESTION: why do not include into "settings" or into a subMenu the option to activate or deactivate the crash-dump?

EDIT: I tried to download also the second file to deactivate it, but I got error 404
EDIT2: it crashed now .. but in %TEMP% there is not any subfolder called "silent process exit%" and in crash reports: not any report was created.

Last edited: