Source Record

Source Record 0.3.4

nilanka

Myself and a teammate are using Source Record 0.3.2 with OBS 29.1.1 on MacOS 13.3.1 (on Apple silicone) and while we're not experiencing any crashing, the screen recordings we're trying to take with the plugin are completely garbled.
Any ideas why?

Settings: Mov, Apple VT H264 Hardware Encoder, CBR, 45000 Kbps, 0, high
View attachment 94220

Can I know how you got it working on Mac?

markbowendesign

Hi there.
I just tried installing this on my M2 Pro Mac Mini but the video output I'm getting of say my phone connected to OBS is completely squished and doesn't look correct at all.
Sorry when I say squished I've added a screenshot to show what I mean.
Is there something I'm doing wrong? I can't see for the life of me what that might be but I'm definitely open to suggestions.

Many thanks,

Mark

Squished.jpg

markbowendesign

Okay this is definitely odd!!
I had added the Source Record plugin to a video in a new Test scene and it was recording as per the above image and as I had some recording to do I deleted the scene in order to do my recording.
I noticed after I had recorded though that it has somehow recorded the phone output anyway and this looks fine!!
As mentioned above though the initial test was done on a brand new scene so as not to mess with anything else however now it is recording all the while even though I don't actually have the Source Record plugin added to anything as I deleted that test scene!!
How do I now turn it off if I want to as it's not actually added to any video streams anywhere in OBS!!
It's great that it is recording and it looks okay but now I unfortunately don't have any way to turn it off and I don't want to record the video source every single time I record which is why I placed it onto a test scene but now that scene is gone and it's still recording!!

Very odd.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Mark

Timboxyz

Okay this is definitely odd!!
I had added the Source Record plugin to a video in a new Test scene and it was recording as per the above image and as I had some recording to do I deleted the scene in order to do my recording.
I noticed after I had recorded though that it has somehow recorded the phone output anyway and this looks fine!!
As mentioned above though the initial test was done on a brand new scene so as not to mess with anything else however now it is recording all the while even though I don't actually have the Source Record plugin added to anything as I deleted that test scene!!
How do I now turn it off if I want to as it's not actually added to any video streams anywhere in OBS!!
It's great that it is recording and it looks okay but now I unfortunately don't have any way to turn it off and I don't want to record the video source every single time I record which is why I placed it onto a test scene but now that scene is gone and it's still recording!!

Very odd.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Mark
see my post of Apr 26, 2023 in this thread. I had a similar issue and eventually managed to clear the phatom filter

Gaddes

Completely random crashing after stopping a record... doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it, and sometimes it crashes when I start recording...

mpek

Encoder-settings
What is the difference between:

Hardware (NVENC, H.264)
Hardware (NVENC, HEVC)

and

NVIDIA NVENC H.264
NVIDIA NVENC HEVC
?

Is this redundant or two different Encoders? Which one to choose? Is this perhaps on this machine only?

Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/ybyrtJ5.png
uIyvVKZu4a.png

(reg. Version 0.3.2)

I've installed OBS on Ubuntu 22.04 and have downloaded the source code plug in. I believe my issue is where to actually place the folder so that the plug in works. As of now, when I go to add the filter to the source, I don't see the option for source code. Any help is appreciated.

Statman24

I'm running the latest Windows version of OBS (29.1.2) and Source Record (0.3.2). Whenever I try to close OBS, it locks up (OBS Stops responding). This problem goes away if I uninstall Source Record or remove the filter. Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: Doing more testing... seems to happen when I use NVENC.

Timboxyz

I'm running the latest Windows version of OBS (29.1.2) and Source Record (0.3.2). Whenever I try to close OBS, it locks up (OBS Stops responding). This problem goes away if I uninstall Source Record or remove the filter. Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: Doing more testing... seems to happen when I use NVENC.
I wonder if choive of codec is highly significant to the stability of this plug-in? I use x264 and rarely have an issue.

Statman24

I wonder if choive of codec is highly significant to the stability of this plug-in? I use x264 and rarely have an issue.
I've now tried with every codec. I've narrowed it down to the "replay buffer". When selected, you cannot close OBS without it locking up. If I uncheck Replay Buffer, problem goes away.

Can anyone explain to me what value Source Record is without using the replay buffer?

Statman24

I've now tried with every codec. I've narrowed it down to the "replay buffer". When selected, you cannot close OBS without it locking up. If I uncheck Replay Buffer, problem goes away.

Can anyone explain to me what value Source Record is without using the replay buffer?
Continuing.... no problems with normal built in replay buffer.

Statman24

OBS 29.1.3 just released. Source Replay seems to work much better on this version. Only remaining issue is that OBS will not closed when there is an active Source Record replay buffer running.

SkiperTheBoss

Does anybody know if the option to split the recording-file into multipli ones exist?
I just relize that the single-source with the filter which i was recording does not apply to default settings where i do split the files after a hour.

markbowendesign

Does anyone possibly know some way of getting what I need to get to work, to work?
Basically I have my main scenes set up as 4K (3840x2160).
I have setup three scenes, let's call them Scene 1, Scene 2 & Scene 3 for easiness here.
I have setup hotkeys to go between these scenes nice and easily.
In the scenes (again for easy sake) I have a camera input (iPhone camera input) and on Scene 1 it shows the entire view of the camera. Scene 2 zooms in to the left side of the camera output and Scene 3 zooms into the right hand side.
This all works fine and when I record I get my file output and if I change between the different scenes whilst recording then I see the same in the output as you'd expect.
That's all fine for 16:9 video but what I'm trying to use now is the Aitum Vertical Plugin (https://aitum.tv/#vertical) and have 3 scenes in the Vertical section so I can do the exact same thing as for the 16:9 video except arrange everything for 9:16 instead.
Creating the scenes is no problem and I've linked Scene 1 in the main window to change the Vertical video to Scene 1 and the same with Scenes 2 & 3 so that when you switch between the different scenes then everything changes as you would expect however I'm using the Source Record plugin to be able to record both the main 16:9 video and also the Vertical 9:16 videos at the same time and this is where my problem lies.
If I add the Source Record plugin to say Scene 3 in the Vertical plugin window then it will record Scene 3 with no problems but if I change to say Scene 1 now (both the main stage and the Vertical one change to Scene 1 as they're linked) then my Vertical video that saves is still only outputting Scene 3 where the Source Record plugin has been added. I'd like the output for the Vertical video to show the different scene changes just like in the main window.
I'm sure I'm possibly just using a plugin wrong somewhere or something and very new to all of this but just seem so close but can't figure this last bit out.

Any help with getting this to work would be greatly appreciated.
Basically to recap as I know I've probably rambled on a lot above, I have 3 normal main scenes and 3 vertical scenes and when going between the main scenes the respectively named vertical scene also changes.
I'd like the output of the Vertical video to show what is happening in the Vertical plugin video preview in OBS but at the moment it's not.

Many thanks,

Mark

markbowendesign

Agggghhhh!!!!!

As soon as I wrote this and got back to OBS I saw what I was doing wrong!!
I needed to click on the Vertical plugins settings cog and set it to record from there and not add Source Record separately to a scene!

What a dummy!!! :-D