Source Record

Source Record 0.3.4

JohnH

Love this plugin..... i use it along side clipmaster to do replays but for some reason i can only play one at a time..

wopuld it be possible to add ther prefix option.. ive tried to put it in the file name but it just dosnet recogonise it

1721844610822.png

CptBubbles

I have this same issue. Source Record filter enabled on a scene containing a game capture source and have configured the filter as follows:
View attachment 104330

However, after leaving the filter configuration window and coming back, the CQ Level field will change to Bitrate, with a value of 2500 Kbps, while all other settings remain unchanged. I have also tried removing and re-adding the filter, but the issue remains.
View attachment 104329
Same issue here. Anyone figure out a work-around or a fix yet?

eightbo

I have this same issue. Source Record filter enabled on a scene containing a game capture source and have configured the filter as follows:
View attachment 104330

However, after leaving the filter configuration window and coming back, the CQ Level field will change to Bitrate, with a value of 2500 Kbps, while all other settings remain unchanged. I have also tried removing and re-adding the filter, but the issue remains.
View attachment 104329

Same here!
BAD NEWS: CQP/CQ Level NOT WORKING for NVENC encoders!
GOOD NEWS: Seems like a 10sec bug fix!

Any comment from Devs on this ?

eightbo

(ignore my previous post, and focus on this)

BUG 1:
CQP/CQ Level NOT WORKING for NVENC encoders!
(Reverts to CBR on close)

POSSIBLE BUG 2:
High fps (240) not working with exact same encoding settings as normal OBS (Settings/Output/Advanced/Recording). File outputs choppy e.g. 10fps
...Tested with 20,000 CBR ON NVENC H.264 using 'Always' (only ever recording in isolation so definitely problem comes from this plugin)

If I lower the settings enough it will work at 240fps but I shouldn't need to.
Bug is 100% re-creatable for me

Last edited:

eightbo

ignore possible bug 2 from previous post, I realised it was source was a higher res than obs base project resolution, my mistake

therefore, an option in the plugin to downscale source output would be great

Arkon

Hey @Exeldro,

I want to use the plugin on multiple sources at once and trigger them via Streamer.Bot. I tried to use the hotkey functionality but the "hotkeyName" is the same for each instance. Is there a way to trigger the record for a specific filter? Or is there a way to rename the hotkey "command" to seperate them from each other?

Thx for your amazing work on all the plugins!

GrantsVoice.com

I hope I'm posting this right.
I added source record to OBS and getting two great VIDEO files, but no sound from my second camera feed.
Cam 1: No source record; great audio and video on this file.
Cam 2: Where the plugin/filter is; Great video; no audio.

Any help on getting audio on both files?

ItsMtv

I believe the crashing is due to the replay buffer not stopping on OBS shutdown due to the plugin not having a start/stop replay buffer option.
After a little testing, initially enabling source records replay buffer and quickly closing obs does not show a crash message on reboot.
However the keybind saying "game capture-Source record" does not appear immediately after enabling source records replay buffer.
Repeating this and rebooting obs a few times, I only experience crashes after enabling source records replay buffer on an active source and after the keybind for "game capture-Source record" becomes visible.
Is it possible to mimic the built in replay buffer when selecting the start/stop replay buffer in the control dock, so that the source recording replay buffer also starts and stops with the built in replay buffer?
Hoping for the replay buffer issue to get resolved, as that is my only use case for the plugin at the moment and I attempted to use this over a year ago with the same issue. Just trying to be able to record replay buffers for clipping facecam/gameplay to separate files.

zmoontech

Hello i'm trying to help a mate i built a computer to. He is having issues with Source Record plugin: When adding scenes with the plugin in OBS, the ryzen 9 5900X will stack many workload on each sequence load even when using basic scenes until it reaches 100%. then stream goes laggy and "encoder overload" message appears in OBS.
When he doesn't use the plugin , there is no issue that concerns the CPU that much and the RTX 4070 super going with is only 30% loaded.
Nvenc is set as encoder method "everywhere" and my mate is only using OBS on the PC to cast from another source using an ELGATO HD60PRO integrated in port pciex4; there is no game launched on the computer.

Others plugins used (maybe some conflict ?) :
https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/source-switcher.941/
https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/multiple-rtmp-outputs-plugin.964/

Here some screenshots for more accurate informations:
https://postimg.cc/BLL6M1sC
https://postimg.cc/wyTPph3h
https://postimg.cc/hX2TYTWF
https://postimg.cc/dZJ27Kzd
https://postimg.cc/tYWbRG9D

Could you help me troubleshooting ? thanx =)

errornosignal

I believe the crashing is due to the replay buffer not stopping on OBS shutdown due to the plugin not having a start/stop replay buffer option.
After a little testing, initially enabling source records replay buffer and quickly closing obs does not show a crash message on reboot.
However the keybind saying "game capture-Source record" does not appear immediately after enabling source records replay buffer.
Repeating this and rebooting obs a few times, I only experience crashes after enabling source records replay buffer on an active source and after the keybind for "game capture-Source record" becomes visible.
Is it possible to mimic the built in replay buffer when selecting the start/stop replay buffer in the control dock, so that the source recording replay buffer also starts and stops with the built in replay buffer?
Hoping for the replay buffer issue to get resolved, as that is my only use case for the plugin at the moment and I attempted to use this over a year ago with the same issue. Just trying to be able to record replay buffers for clipping facecam/gameplay to separate files.
I do exactly this with a macro in Advanced Scene Switcher. I have two Source Record filters, one labeled 'Source Record -main' and the other labeled 'Source Record - replay', on a scene called 'Capture'. When I click 'Start Replay Buffer' in the Controls dock, these filters get enabled. Clicking 'Stop Replay Buffer' disables the Source Record filters. Just have to remember to stop the replay buffer before I exit out. This has worked well to mitigate the crashes that come along with Source Record not releasing when shutting down OBS.
Screenshot 2024-08-13 234006.png

errornosignal

I hope I'm posting this right.
I added source record to OBS and getting two great VIDEO files, but no sound from my second camera feed.
Cam 1: No source record; great audio and video on this file.
Cam 2: Where the plugin/filter is; Great video; no audio.

Any help on getting audio on both files?
Make sure that you have the audio track(s) that you want the camera audio to feed to selected in the Advanced Audio Properties section in the Audio Mixer. Then try enabling 'Different Audio' on the Source Record filter options and selecting the appropriate Audio Track and Source in that section.

RavenStreamer

Exeldro submitted a new resource:

Source Record - Record a source using a filter

Read more about this resource...
I'm just starting to play around with this plugin. Can you tell me if there is a hard ceiling for the number of sources one can record simultaneously or is it limited by the available system resources? I'm trying to set up source record on five rtsp ip camera feeds and can only seem to get recordings on 4 of the 5 cameras. The source record filters on each cam are set identically. My rstp feeds are at 1440/30 (native res), which may be part of the problem, but it doesn't look like I can specify a lower resolution in the Source Record gui. Any suggestions welcome.

CoachHrncir

I just downloaded source record, and now anytime I hit record, my OBS crashes. Can anyone give me some help? I'd rather not uninstall everything and redownload OBS, but I'm not versed in all of this well enough, and to me, that seems like a likely fix. Any advice?

Attachments

• OBS crash 8-18.pdf
    199.3 KB · Views: 14

only_ripper

Hi,

For some reason, I can't get the hotkey for saving the replay buffer to appear in the hotkeys settings, have the plugin in 2 Pc's and for one which is less filled with sources and plugins works, for the most used one I don't have the hotkey to save the video, tried to add again the plugin the check OBS file integrity but still the same, what could be the reason behind this?

1724821656005.png

Thanks.