Source Record

Source Record 0.3.4

Sylverstone14

I'm running into an issue with Source Record where it no longer appears to only record the source - recordings contain scene transitions and other scenes, when it's supposed to just be the one scene (or source for that matter). Restarting OBS does fix it, but just a odd occurrence.

Also, does Source Record always overwrite the output video? I lost 3 hours of footage due to an issue with my stream, and wasn't aware it would do that.

lukeysand

i'm using Source Record to multi-stream to Twitch, Kick, YouTube (1 vertical and 1 horizontal) and TikTok. it's working great.

Only bug i've encountered so far is if I hide one of the the Source Record filters while OBS is "Still Streaming" OBS will crash.

KyleAndrew

Hey everyone. I have a source record (PC) question. To preface, I am personally using Mac's and do not run into this issue, however I am trying to fix he problem for someone running a PC.

What's happening with my producers PC setup is that we are recording a main show, and two clean feeds of sources using the plugin. The main show recording via OBS is set to fragmented mp4 with the x264 codec. It appears to be recording without issue. Each 'clean feed' is set up as it's own scene with the necessary sources, and the the filter is active on the scene itself.

The source records are experiencing problems. They are set to MP4 and x264 as well. One of the source records is coming out fine it seems, the other is pixelated on and off, and often 80% of the image is blurred out in a weird way and the file appears corrupted while still playing. This exact issue also happened when one of the NVENC codecs was previously selected. His CPU is running at 25-35% during this testing.

Any idea where I should be looking or what I should be looking at to the find the solution to this issue?

Thank you in advance for your help

ml2024

I am running Mac OS Sequoia 15.0 (the final release from the developer beta stream) on my MacBook Pro M2 Max. When I attempt to install the plugin from the PKG file, I get an error message that says, "The installation failed. The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance." I also tried the universal installer to see if that might work, but I got the same error. Any suggestions on what I might try to get it to install?

GrantsVoice.com

Make sure that you have the audio track(s) that you want the camera audio to feed to selected in the Advanced Audio Properties section in the Audio Mixer. Then try enabling 'Different Audio' on the Source Record filter options and selecting the appropriate Audio Track and Source in that section.
That fixed that!!! (I have a new issue, though) ;-(

GrantsVoice.com

I had SR working PERFECTLY on my old PC (Win 10). Now I have a new Win 11 Pro. I've done a fresh install of OBS, then copied my backup from the old computer. Issues: NOW I...
I cannot get two recordings (I'm applying the filter to the scene with two cameras), not the cameras.
The MKV file "sticks open" (as is when I stop recording, it doesn't close the file.
OBS is crashing.
--
I've tried:
uninstalling/ reinstalling OBS.
--Adding the cameras to the fresh install.
Reinstalling the SR plugin
Copying older backups over instead of the latest.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

GrantsVoice.com

I had SR working PERFECTLY on my old PC (Win 10). Now I have a new Win 11 Pro. I've done a fresh install of OBS, then copied my backup from the old computer. Issues: NOW I...
I cannot get two recordings (I'm applying the filter to the scene with two cameras), not the cameras.
The MKV file "sticks open" (as is when I stop recording, it doesn't close the file.
OBS is crashing.
--
I've tried:
uninstalling/ reinstalling OBS.
--Adding the cameras to the fresh install.
Reinstalling the SR plugin
Copying older backups over instead of the latest.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Some self correcting has been done.
The reason it wasn't releasing the file is that I had it set to "ALWAYS" be recording, not "when recording".

So I've mostly fixed the above issues with that bit of intellegence, BUT...
Now I'm getting two files, but they are the same.
I've got SR set in the scene level, not on the sources. When you have two cameras, how does it know which 'other' cameral to record?
I'm sssoooooo close to having this!!
(OBS Is still crashing)
G

Last edited:

KyleAndrew

Hello everyone. Yestereday one of my producers had an issue with the plugin. In addition to the main OBS recording of the livestream (which was fine) we run two different OBS source records on two scenes setup specifically for this purpose. The first one worked perfectly as usual, the second one recorded audio only and a black screen (to be clear, they are not identical scenes). The one that did not work was a browser source being sent by VDO Ninja.

Please advise what I could do to prevent this from happening in the future.

Thank you,

GrantsVoice.com

Some self correcting has been done.
The reason it wasn't releasing the file is that I had it set to "ALWAYS" be recording, not "when recording".

So I've mostly fixed the above issues with that bit of intellegence, BUT...
Now I'm getting two files, but they are the same.
I've got SR set in the scene level, not on the sources. When you have two cameras, how does it know which 'other' cameral to record?
I'm sssoooooo close to having this!!
(OBS Is still crashing)
G
Guys, I hope someone can help soon.
I was close above, but today, I can't make it work at all. I'm only getting one recording again.
I've no idea anymore on what to troubleshoot.
HELP!