Source Dock

Source Dock 0.3.9

ZOMBIIKILLAH

How do I get a dock that allows me to interact with a browser source. the way andilipppi does it in the outdated video doesn't work as far as I can tell
Also Unable to resize Docks. not sure if thats a bug or I broke it

Talonis

Please have an option to not display milliseconds in media playback (as is possible with the "Media Control" plugin).

Thank you.

dqm

I'm trying to achieve a dockable multiview and source dock comes pretty close to what I want. Except, the setup is laborious and somewhat fragile--as someone else described: like constructing a bridge with popsickle sticks. Anyway, my suggestion is to add an option for combining all visible scenes/sources in a single dock with the scene/source name above or below each.

editecpma

error con la ultima versión de obs
Captura de pantalla 2022-06-09 104549.png

hmeneses

Maybe use Google Translate rather then criticizing someone just for speaking Spanish.
why should i? i'm mexican, so, i don't have the need to translate spanish, but if you translate yourself your questions to english you had a much better chance to get help, i was unable to help. source dock works quite well for me, so my two cents were about using english to be able to get help, YOU are the one who should think about criticizing some one you don't even know buddy

The Vlad BS

why should i? i'm mexican, so, i don't have the need to translate spanish, but if you translate yourself your questions to english you had a much better chance to get help, i was unable to help. source dock works quite well for me, so my two cents were about using english to be able to get help, YOU are the one who should think about criticizing some one you don't even know buddy
Hi!
I thought he was saying to use the English version of OBS Studio.

Until later,
Vladimir

bpmacedo

Hello! I just added it to OBS the first time. Thx 4 all your work! It's cool.

I realized after installing the plugin a ".dmp" file was created after closing OBS.

1657652017984.png

Some info about my setup (don't know if can help):
  • OBS in English and version is 27.2.4 (64bit);
  • I didn't use an installer to install OBS;
  • I use the "portable_mode.txt" file;
  • I didn't use an installer to install the plugin (version 0.3.2);
  • Tested it again after removing the plugin and the ".dmp" files weren't created;
Thx again!

Exeldro

@bpmacedo what kind of sources are you docking with what options? can you provide me such a dmp file via a private message on this forum or on discord or twitter?

stinkoman

There was talk about a vertical resizing bug a couple pages ago. I, too, am faced with this bug and nothing seems to fix it. Was there ever a remedy? I didn't see anything in the thread to indicate it was corrected.

TheOrignl

@Exeldro First of all fantastic series of plugins@ Can the Text Input field for a Text(GDI+)/(FF2) Source dock be enabled to edit the file the Text Source is set up to read from, perhaps by using the Notepad engine in Windows. Not well versed enough in Linux to be sure but perhaps by using the library(ies) of the nano editor?

TheOrignl

@Exeldro Thank you Sir! I find your monicker attached, almost exclusive, to the plugins I find useful. As a prehistoric programmer in a past life, I'm in aw of how comprehensively your plugins handle their task, as well as your dedication to maintenance!

stinkoman

Still no word on how to correct the bug talked about on page 6 that I reiterated. Sources are stuck vertically at an incredibly small size making the plugin totally unusable.

stinkoman

Still no word on how to correct the bug talked about on page 6 that I reiterated. Sources are stuck vertically at an incredibly small size making the plugin totally unusable.
I figured it out. Source Dock doesn't work with the Acri theme. Really weird.

polymathical

My apologies if this is covered somewhere I have tried looking everywhere. Is it possible for me to copy and paste text from the Browser Dock sources or not? I try to, and I cannot copy and paste when interacting with this plugin, but I can with OBS custom browser docks. But OBS's Custom Browser docks don't allow for audio control. I am trying to find a way to have audio control and be able to interact + copy and paste text back and forth.

tinman

I'm running AV Linux's latest version and have a working OBS installation. In trying to add Source Dock and I ran into the following dependecy error when building from source:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libx11-xcb-dev : Depends: libx11-xcb1 (= 2:1.7.2-1) but 2:1.7.2-2~mx21ahs+1 is to be installed

Is there perhaps a work around or solution I can try?

Getting Source Dock running would be the icing on my OBS cake.
Thank You Exeldro for yet another great feature!