Source Dock

Source Dock 0.3.9

The Vlad BS

Hi!
In tests here, I noticed that if there are source Text (GDI+) in any scene, the error occurs.
Removing (text) the crash does not happen.
Source Dock 0.3.2

See you,

Vladimir

ThyPirateKing

I'm not able to dock my sources for my Text sources after getting it started. I get the box for the text source and I can use it and edit it, but I'm not able to make it attach to my OBS, so it always is hidden whenever I click off of it into OBS. Is there a way to fix this?

Attachments

• Source Dock.PNG
    Source Dock.PNG
    6 KB · Views: 39

BenAndo

Would it be possible to add an option to show the current selected scene? Essentially the program view as a source dock.
Also having the source docks config window from the tools menu remember its size when you re-size it would be great as well. Thanks for making this great plugin!

After updating to OBS 27.2, I've been having crashes on exit and tracked it down to this plugin. Upon removing, the crashing stopped.
I wanted to report this as I really like using this plugin, and it might be something to look into.

Attachments

• 2022-02-17 02-27-58.txt
    24.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Crash 2022-02-17 02-28-11.txt
    121.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Exeldro

@datlaunchystark on what kind of source do you have source docks?
the crash log seems to point towards "obs-text-slideshow.dll!TextSlideshowDock::updateSources"
removing obs-text-slideshow.dll does not fix the issue?

@datlaunchystark on what kind of source do you have source docks?
the crash log seems to point towards "obs-text-slideshow.dll!TextSlideshowDock::updateSources"
removing obs-text-slideshow.dll does not fix the issue?
No it didn't, I even tried putting it into a clean portable version of OBS and as soon as I install the plugin, crashes on closing and what not.

In fact, here's the crash log when I remove "obs-text-slideshow.dll".

v0.2.4 seams to have no issues as far as I can tell

Attachments

• Crash 2022-02-17 19-15-16.txt
    110.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 2022-02-17 19-15-01.txt
    30.7 KB · Views: 18

JVRaines

Also getting crash on exit. Bug goes away if I uninstall Source Dock.

Attachments

• crash_on_exit.txt
    85.3 KB · Views: 26

Exeldro

@JVRaines I will try and replicate it with window capture sources tomorrow

Edit: Was not able to replicate it. Do you have specific steps to reproduce it, starting from an empty scene collection?

Last edited:

PeteB

I have been struggling with this crash on exit too. I have now tries Source Dock on 3 different systems, all running OBS 27.2.1. All three give slightly different results - 2 crash on exit, 1 doesn't. The one that doesn't crash has no other plugins installed, the two that do have different plugins installed. On one system it crashed as soon as I created a Text (GDI+) source in a scene. Both the failing systems crash on exit when a Text(GDI+) source is active. Could this be some memory corruption problem somewhere that varies depending what plugins are installed?

JVRaines

@JVRaines I will try and replicate it with window capture sources tomorrow

Edit: Was not able to replicate it. Do you have specific steps to reproduce it, starting from an empty scene collection?
1. Scene Collection/New, "Test."
2. Add Text(GDI+) source to "Test," "Text(GDI+)."
3. Tools/SourceDock/Add "Text(GDI+)."
4. File/Exit.

Attachments

• 2022-02-28 07-23-22.txt
    19.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Crash 2022-02-28 07-25-19.txt
    65.8 KB · Views: 21

Exeldro

@JVRaines that session had 5 sources of the previous scene collection that did not unload correctly, if you clean start on that test scene collection it should work fine.

JVRaines

@JVRaines that session had 5 sources of the previous scene collection that did not unload correctly, if you clean start on that test scene collection it should work fine.
Created new empty Test collection, exited (crash), restarted clean, followed steps above and still got crash on exit.

Attachments

• 2022-03-02 09-45-54.txt
    10.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Crash 2022-03-02 09-47-34.txt
    63 KB · Views: 24

ASchneider

Hello @Exeldro, how are you today?

Not sure if this was suggested before, but I think this is a neat idea: It would be nice to be able to quickly change the URL from a browser source, so it could be used as a pseudo "desktop/window source" just for web browsing, if you want to quickly go back and forth pages on a live stream without having to compromise your desktop or a browser capture just for that.

This would be really useful on my opinion, to be able to change the URL here (where the proprieties button is):

1646913097664.png

I could dock it on my OBS dashboard and change it really easily :)

Just a suggestion... Thanks!

ASchneider

Also, not sure if possible, but would be great to add the standard back, forward and refresh browser controls as well :) Thanks!

@Exeldro…. Have you looked into the issue of a Source Dock item based on a source that is made with the Execute Command, and shows up blank on the Source Dock?

if I create a source using Execute Command, the command output is a blank screen - yet the same command run within OBS but not thru Source Dock does work as does when ran from a Windows command line, outside of OBS work.

BenAndo

Another feature request. The option to have a red border around a source dock when it is active. I find the Not Active/Active text quite small and so some sort of feedback that it's active, like a red border, I feel would help.