Source Dock

Source Dock 0.3.9

GrumpyDog

Version 0.2+
Really cool, was hoping for this feature. I am curious though, why it is not possible:
  1. To move docks between custom dock window and main OBS window
  2. Stack docks inline like with main window (seems to be limited to 2-side-by-side)

Exeldro

@JEJ moving docks between dock windows is not support by the QT framework that is used for the user interface
QT limits the amount of docks you can place next to each other based on the space available, try making the window bigger before adding an other dock

Vinylwalk3r

I have a question. How do you add a custom dock window? Ive looked around everywhere in OBS and Source Docks config window, but I find nothing to show to add it. Ive also tried draggin the source docks together, thought maybe they'd merge. But they didn't, sadly.
Anybody that can enlighten me in the ways of adding sucha window?

Also, Exeldro. THANK YOU for making all the awesome plugin you've done! They've helped me so much! Heres hoping Source Copy get implemented as a native OBS feature!

nyzfighters

the drop down on selection sources is all over the place? have it by scene/source alphabetical ?
and the text options? why is it side ways lol

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    74.2 KB · Views: 34

rse

Many thanks for this enhancement. For others: this finally allows you to use Source Dock for implementing arbitrary control UIs for OBS Studio with the help of Web technologies, similar to what the regular Custom Browser Dock allows. But the big difference when using Source Dock instead of Custom Browser Dock is: you can place your control UI directly over the other scene content. An example is https://github.com/rse/obs-crop-control.

GrumpyDog

Many thanks for this enhancement. For others: this finally allows you to use Source Dock for implementing arbitrary control UIs for OBS Studio with the help of Web technologies, similar to what the regular Custom Browser Dock allows. But the big difference when using Source Dock instead of Custom Browser Dock is: you can place your control UI directly over the other scene content. An example is https://github.com/rse/obs-crop-control.

There should be a video on this to explain and demonstrate its features better. Thank you for the hard work!

Videobuff

Just wondering if anyone else had or has this issue, i.e., able to add a Source Dock but once added not being able to resize it vertically and get at the source, in this case a Browser window? I've spent a lot of time trying to figure it out, I've updated everything to the latest revisions, etc, but still no joy with Source Dock. I'm guessing there is something simple that I'm overlooking but if anyone can provide any suggestions I'd appreciate it. In the meantime, I'll keep trying to figure it out :)

Videobuff

Hi, no, I'm not using any themes at all. I'm testing with just a single Scene containing two simple sources (a media source and a Browser source). When I try and create a source dock for the Browser source, all I get is what I included in the screenshot previously. The dock is created and allows itself to be docked but it has absolutely no functionality, for example I can't navigate the site in the Browser source within the dock. Very strange.

Videobuff

@wgp123 are you using a custom theme or something like that?
Here's a short video of the issue I'm having......When I add the Source Dock, it's just totally unresponsive. For example, when I add a Browser Dock, I cannot access the browser using the dock, etc....See attached...

Attachments

• Source Dock issue 2.zip
    681.5 KB · Views: 25

GrumpyDog

add option to zoom using ctrl + mouse wheel and pan with ctrl + left mouse button

Am I missing something? The Zoom and Pan feature works in the dock, but nothing happens in the actual source. Would be great if the Zoom and pan reflects in the final source mix?

Last edited:

Exeldro

@JEJ the source can be added to multiple scenes in different ways so that can't be translated 1 on 1.
If you want zoom sources in the preview you can look at this change request I made:

GrumpyDog

@JEJ the source can be added to multiple scenes in different ways so that can't be translated 1 on 1.
If you want zoom sources in the preview you can look at this change request I made:

Do you have this feature in a current build that it can be tested?

Awesome Exeldro, isn't there a place where this gets upvoted? The only one I can find is this:

Last edited: