Resource icon

Simple scene switcher 0.6

D

Deleted member 6788

ThoNohT said:
Hoodboss said:
Seems like the scene switcher bugs out every new patch?
http://i.imgur.com/fz0gVGv.png

I'm unable to reproduce this. I installed it anew on the latest version, and I installed it once on an older version and then updated, both worked fine.

I got it to work previously. No idea why but it stopped working after some patch, think it's the second time it happens now. I downloaed Winrar. Open winrar as admin. Download the scene switcher. Click '64 bit' and then click on the 'scenesw.dll' file. Right click > 'extract files in given map'. The map I select is: OBS > 64 bit > plugins. But I can go as far as OBS > 64 bit > plugins > 64 bit (after 64 > plugins map I get another option of either 64 or 32 bit?!) and then it says that it could not extract the files here because of denied access.

I just reinstalled the program, deleting OBS from my 'Programs' and also deleting the map. I installed it again and I still have all the scenes etc. before uninstalling? After reinstalling, I no longer have a specific 64 or 32 bit folder anywhere but still my acces for extracting is denied. Sorry but what the hell, why doesn't it work?

edit:"I'm turning insane, fuck this is annoying

D

Deleted member 6788

I just got it running again, but only on 32 bit. I use 64 bit Windows, will this give me issues?

To clarify, putting the 64 bit Scene Switcher in the OBS plugins map didn't work, but putting the 32 bit Scene Switcher in the map did work.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Check your Program Files folder (the one without x86) for an OBS folder which should include the 64bit.exe (not marked as 64). If that is the case, make also sure you are starting this OBS.exe through your shortcut and not the 32bit version. Then place then correct scenesw.dll in the correct folder:
x86 -> C:\Program Files(x86)\OBS\plugins
x64 -> C:\Program Files\OBS\plugins
And please report back :)

D

Deleted member 6788

Jack0r said:
Check your Program Files folder (the one without x86) for an OBS folder which should include the 64bit.exe (not marked as 64). If that is the case, make also sure you are starting this OBS.exe through your shortcut and not the 32bit version. Then place then correct scenesw.dll in the correct folder:
x86 -> C:\Program Files(x86)\OBS\plugins
x64 -> C:\Program Files\OBS\plugins
And please report back :)

Thank you, kind sir!

On a side note, wouldn't it be helpful if a little tutorial was created that includes possible exceptions like mine? I watched 2 tutorials on YouTube but none were able to help, leaving me frustrated before you were able to help me. Thanks again, though.

ThoNohT

Developer
For this exact purpose I'm working on a plugin installer. This plugin installer would detect the last started version, and try to figure out if there are a 32 and 64 bit version, then install the plugins to the correct place.

But as with all my other projects, time is a problem here. I'm putting it next on my list of things to do now. But as with everything I do, there are no guarantees at this time.

SCTetra

Having issues with it.

I set it up for League of Legends. I'm using window capture and have two scenes for my actual game and one for my client.

I set up the switcher to notice the client and the game itself. However, it does not switch to any of them. What is the issue?

ThoNohT

Developer
Let me check my crystal ball to find out what your issue is... Nope, sorry, I'm not psychic.

Anyway, assuming by client you mean the launcher, here are some things to check, most of the times when peoples' setups don't work it's due to one of the following reasons:

1. Did you enable it?
2. Did you enter the exact names of the windows? ("PVP.net Client" for the launcher and "League of Legends (TM) Client" for the game)

By the way, I don't really understand what you mean with two scenes for the game. While that is possible in OBS, scene switcher can't switch between two scenes ingame, because there is no difference in window title within one game.

SCTetra

Yes, I enabled it.

I didn't enter anything, there was a drop down ox with the exact names that I added. What I mean by the two scenes is, I have two window scenes, one for the launcher and one for the game itself. Same for the scene switcher.

I can enable to automatically switch to my desktop when those two scenes are not active and it does switch, but I have my launcher or a game open and it doesn't switch to them.

ThoNohT

Developer
From what I see, the Scene Switcher should be working correctly. I cannot really tell you what is wrong with your setup from what I know. The easiest thing to do would probably be to join the chat and to let someone check everything step by step.

You could also paste your configuration file ( %APPDATA%\OBS\pluginData\scenesw.ini) here, but that would only let me see if there is some configuration error, which there should not be if you indeed set everything up the way you did. A screenshot would be good too by the way.

ThoNohT

Developer
You probably want it to switch to the Desktop scene when opening the launcher (or the launcher scene).
From your current setup I don't really know how you have your scenes setup. But you probably want something like one of the following:

Possibility 1:
Scene 1: League of Legends (switch to on League of Legends (TM) Client)
Scene 2: Launcher (switch to on PVP.net Client)
Scene 3: Desktop (when no title matches)

Possibility 2:
Scene 2: Launcher (when no title matches)

Also for capturing, make sure you use window capture (or desktop) for the launcher scene, this does not work with game capture. For the game you best use game capture, but it is also possible to use window capture and play the game windowed.

taeltos

Hello!

I just added the scene switcher in my plugin folder but when I start OBS it's not even there? What do I do?

SCTetra

ThoNohT said:
You probably want it to switch to the Desktop scene when opening the launcher (or the launcher scene).
From your current setup I don't really know how you have your scenes setup. But you probably want something like one of the following:

Possibility 1:
Scene 2: Launcher (switch to on PVP.net Client)
Scene 3: Desktop (when no title matches)

Possibility 2:
Scene 2: Launcher (when no title matches)

Also for capturing, make sure you use window capture (or desktop) for the launcher scene, this does not work with game capture. For the game you best use game capture, but it is also possible to use window capture and play the game windowed.

Here is an image of my set up.

http://i.imgur.com/sahhVPc.png

My issue is this. Scene switcher doesn't switch, I don't know why.

I have 3 scenes. One for my webcam which works fine. Other two I have scenes made through Window. One if for the in game itself and the other is for the launcher.

Whichever one I have in first order dominates the other meaning:

Game launcher is first, I start a game and get in one. The client gets frozen to the screen of the last scene and it overrides my game. Now I have to manually switch over to show the game itself instead of the client.

Game client is first. The screen is black before I get into a game. The game launcher does not show on screen.

I don't know how to solve this problem. Game Capture does not work. I select the game client as the application, but it just shows a black screen and I can hear the sounds of the game.

ThoNohT

Developer
You seem to be confusing scenes with sources. Scenes are in the leftmost box, sources are in the rightmost box, you can actually see the text above them. You are describing the three sources you have. Scene switcher doesn't switch between sources, it never touches them.

With your current setup it keeps switching to the League of Legends scene, which it is already on, so nothing happens. Then depending on what is active your game or launcher capture might or might not show something,

What you need to make are two (or three) different scenes, in the leftmost box. One scene is only for the game, one scene is only for the launcher, and the optional third is the desktop. Then you set scene switcher to switch between these two or three scenes.

SCTetra

ThoNohT said:
You seem to be confusing scenes with sources. Scenes are in the leftmost box, sources are in the rightmost box, you can actually see the text above them. You are describing the three sources you have. Scene switcher doesn't switch between sources, it never touches them.

With your current setup it keeps switching to the League of Legends scene, which it is already on, so nothing happens. Then depending on what is active your game or launcher capture might or might not show something,

What you need to make are two (or three) different scenes, in the leftmost box. One scene is only for the game, one scene is only for the launcher, and the optional third is the desktop. Then you set scene switcher to switch between these two or three scenes.

Ah, ok that makes sense. I apologize for my ignorance on it. I'll get it a shot. Thank you.

ITPalg

Let me try and understand this plugin from just the OP:

I need to "configure" it in the plugin and know what the name of the window is, so I have to have that window open, and manually type out the entire window name verbatim for this plugin to work?

For example, Firefall's full window name right now, which is subject to change as it has done, is "Firefall Open Beta - Stage 2 (v0.7.1714)...". The trailing dots represent the rest of the text that follows such as fps, mem, and "GTs in chunk=yes, preview assets=no, offline".

I assume I only type up to the version number if I must do it verbatim for each game/program window (which means I first must run the program in a window...right?)?

It would be nice if you could capture the name in the configuration. There is a window tool thing I think I downloaded some time ago for use with some programs/Eve Online that you can click on the window and it will capture the info about that window (x/y, name, etc).

Sw1tch

Hey guys I'm using this plugin and I had a odd request that maybe you guys would know how to make this work. I'm streaming with another person's webcam on my stream so I use window capture and crop out her video on the skype call and then we play league of legends together. But the problem is when I'm not streaming with her in order for the automatic change to work I need to have 2 seperate PVP.NET scenes and 2 In game League of Legends scenes. (Due to league client having 2 targets.)

So I was wondering if the scene selector could have a pick priority from top to bottom or make it so it can have multiple if then statements like "If skype is online (Using that as the other webcam) Then switch to champion select.

Tl;dr I'm streaming with another person on one stream so there is 2 webcams sometimes and I want it to automatically detect that and change scenes with that overlay. If it doesn't detect the (Skype) window using window capture for the other persons webcam it'll default back to my normal scene. Anyway to do this?

Snaert

Okey so I wanted to try this one out because I could use something like this but I have a problem.

I get the plugin to show up in the plugin "menu" and i can click it and press OK. But then nothing happens. The plugin doesn't pop up or anything like that so I can't configure it. Can someone help me with this. It might be me that's just stupid as ****.

cheers

//Andy

ThoNohT

Developer
Sw1tch: Scene switcher cannot detect if a window is open, when it is not the active window. So I'm afraid what you are suggesting isn't possible. I have been thinking of maybe making a more generalized version of scene switcher that has other rules than just the active window. But that's something I don't have time for at this time, so for the time being that is not going to be possible.

Snaert: Try the configure button instead of the OK button.