Resource icon

Simple scene switcher 0.6

Kharay

You could consider adding this video capture as a Global Source, to prevent it from resetting. Global Sources are basically always on.

thehumandynamo

Kharay said:
You could consider adding this video capture as a Global Source, to prevent it from resetting. Global Sources are basically always on.

I tried that, but nothing showed. Do I need to do something to configure it so that it will display over top of the other stuff in the scenes?

Kharay

Preview Stream -> Edit Scene -> rightclick on a Source in the preview -> toy with the Order in which they are shown.

thehumandynamo

I got it working, now. Thank you. I had to go in an actually add the global source to the different scenes (again, new, sorry for being a derp).

ball2hi

Is there a way you can make it so that "Match Exact Window Name" is only active per-scene? Google Chrome switches it's name around depending on the tab, but on some applications I want the scene to only change if it's the exact name that it is.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
maybe its possible to move the checkbox "match exact window name" to the list for each scene and of course then program it to use the new checkboxes for each instead of overall :) (just my thinking loud but that seems possible and would allow your requested usage?!)

D

Deleted member 6788

The scene switcher doesn;t work anymore for some reason? Only shows default 4 plugins. I tried to download it again and paste it to the plugins folder where it is now, but I still don't see it in my OBS client. WHy and how?

ThoNohT

Developer
You might be using the 64 bit version with 32 bit OBS, or vice versa? Or you might be using the correct 32 bit version but starting the 64 bit version. Or you might have tried to install the latest test build, which does not work with the current version of OBS.

serfma

So, to be clear on this plugin, it only switches depending on what window is CURRENTLY selected, correct? And is impossible to have it switch scenes, say, if you ALT + TAB and are browsing the internet and you boot up your game?

ndr

serfma said:
So, to be clear on this plugin, it only switches depending on what window is CURRENTLY selected, correct? And is impossible to have it switch scenes, say, if you ALT + TAB and are browsing the internet and you boot up your game?

I have been using it for a while now and it does both of those things you mentioned.

For an example: I have 3 scenes, Idle, LoL and WoW. If I don't have LoL or WoW window focused it will automatically switch to the idle scene. As soon as I open the game window it will switch to it without any manual input from me.

But it all depends on how your setup looks like. You can set it to not do anything when the window doesn't match etc.

Flaxe

Hi, and thanks for a great plugin! I have one small issue tho.
It all switches scenes fine when I start BF3 and when I exit it. But the problem is when I'm alt-tabbing out of the game, then it goes to the scene that's selected when no window title is detected.

I would like it to stay in the BF3 scene while the process is still running even if I'm alt-tabbed, and only change scene when the process isn't running anymore. Wouldn't this be a better way to do it instead of using window titles?

Best regards,
Flaxe

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Flaxe said:
It all switches scenes fine when I start BF3 and when I exit it. But the problem is when I'm alt-tabbing out of the game, then it goes to the scene that's selected when no window title is detected.

I would like it to stay in the BF3 scene while the process is still running even if I'm alt-tabbed, and only change scene when the process isn't running anymore. Wouldn't this be a better way to do it instead of using window titles?

Best regards,
Flaxe

You can set it to not switch if no title matches. That way it will only switch if you activate a window which is set up for one of the scenes:
i5wdn7yWtLekQ.PNG

Flaxe

Jack0r said:
Flaxe said:

Best regards,
Flaxe

You can set it to not switch if no title matches. That way it will only switch if you activate a window which is set up for one of the scenes:
i5wdn7yWtLekQ.PNG
That makes total sense actually. I feel stupid for not trying that before :(
So basically this means when I shutdown the game completely I will manually have to change to the other scene (ex. the one showing my desktop). But when I'm starting the game again it will switch scene automatically to the one showing the game?

But still, wouldn't it be possible having it to check if a process is running instead of window titles? Or would this cause some other problem maybe.

MikeyDK

I am not sure if this is requested already (didnt read through all the pages), but I would love a hotkey to make it check and switch just once, instead of on timer.

So when I minimize the game or something, it wont immediately switch to the idle scene I set up, and then back to the game again when I make it active again. Instead I could just press that key once when I close the game, or open one, and it will change to the scene I want it to be on, until I press the key again.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
MikeyDK said:
I am not sure if this is requested already (didnt read through all the pages), but I would love a hotkey to make it check and switch just once, instead of on timer.

So when I minimize the game or something, it wont immediately switch to the idle scene I set up, and then back to the game again when I make it active again. Instead I could just press that key once when I close the game, or open one, and it will change to the scene I want it to be on, until I press the key again.

Well, couldnt you use the Hotkey to disable the plugin for this?

MikeyDK

Jack0r said:
MikeyDK said:

Well, couldnt you use the Hotkey to disable the plugin for this?
I did try that too, but when things to fast it is not easy to remember if the plugin is on or off, or if the key got hit twice or didn't get hit at all...

ManwE

Hello, if the Plugin doesn't show up for you after entering it in the right folder this is the solution:
there are actually 2 .exe in the OBS folder, you have to start the .exe under the 64bit folder.

lbgaus

ThoNohT said:
Nope, there isn't at this moment, and it's not functionality this plugin will ever provide. What exactly is the reason you want this? It's quite possible that what you want to achieve can be done without switching scenes.

Related: I have been thinking of making some kind of plugin that does this among others, basically it would allow you to schedule tasks on fixed times or intervals. Those could be switching scenes, or well other things OBS lets plugins do.

But I am completely buried in stuff I still need to do for other projects for OBS and personally. And the time I currently have to spend on those projects is near zero, so don't expect this anytime soon from me. Someone else could of course always decide to pick up creating a plugin with similar functionality.

To follow up on this post from a while back, I would love to have available to use a plugin that would allow scene switching on fixed times (and intervals too) ... I will see what I can do myself regarding this, but I am very inexperienced at C++ programming and feel an existing plugin developer would make headway in this a lot faster. Thanks!