Resource icon

Simple scene switcher 0.6

Dajova

Dunno if I am the only one, but if you have more than one window title and scene, it seems to switch every once in a while to a specific window everytime. This is how i have set it up:

http://i.imgur.com/d7hQCXz.png

It seems to happen on every scene and windows, except for "LoL Idle", because that's the window it seems to specificy that window to switch to sometimes. I have no idea why, but it happens.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Hmm, first of all, the folder you are using should only include the 32bit version of OBS, so you might wanna move to
C:\Program Files\OBS\plugins
the second problem is, you extracted it "with" the 64bit folder, but you actually only have to put the scenesw.dll directly into the plugins folder, without any subfolder.

Will look something like this:
iL2ujTx6pX9Zt.PNG

Last but not least, make sure you are definitely using the 64bit version of OBS, else you might wanna use the 32bit scenesw.dll!

Where does the root folder go? I placed the scenesw.dll file in the Plugins folder and can't seem to figure the rest of this out.

These are the folders that are within it:

branches
tags
trunk
readme.textile

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
You only need to put the correct scenesw.dll into your OBS\Plugins folder.
The folders you listed are part of the sourcecode I think and are not needed for normal usage of the plugin :)

So only use the 32 & 64bit link in the first post!

help ive read all i can and im stumped! i can not for the life of me get this working, ive done all the instructions and still the .dll file doesnt show up when im in obs and look at plugins, ive tried putting the file in in the program file and the x86 plugins file it doesnt work in either, the only possible thing i can think of is that im running the 32bit version? but i would never pick that version? is there any way to tell if im running a 32bit version of obs?

ok, after abit of messing around i am running the 32bit version of obs, i didnt even know? lol, does the 64bit version of obs run better than the32bit version? i might reinstall obs to a 64bit version if its better/ ive 16gig ram and a sandybridge cpu?

ThoNohT

Developer
This isn't really scene switcher related anymore. But the 64 bit will be able to utilize more of your ram, which isn't really too important as the 4 gigs you get in 32 bit are generally enough. Furthermore, there is a tiny improvement in performance on the encoder's part in 64 bit, but that too is negligible.

drathek

This has been working wonders, but unfortunately there are some games that title the window of their launcher and the main game the exact same (MechWarrior Online). This may change when the UI gets updated, but in the meantime has anyone been able to find an alternative way of automatic scene switching for MWO, or is it possible we could have the option to select scenes when a full screen window comes up?

Thanks!

ThoNohT

Developer
While that might be possible (I'd need to investigate that), I'm personally not going to add that to this version of scene switcher. But I do have lots of exciting plans for a new scene-switcher when obs-studio comes out.

lordaladeen

I've downloaded the scene switcher and placed it in the plugins folder, but It seems I can't get it to work, I can't fint it as a plugin in OBS. I'm using version 0.612b at the moment, 32-bit version. I tried 64-bit version but I could not get the DirectShow Audio source to work with that, so I changed to 32-bit and it worked.

So, is there a new update or I'm I doing something wrong? :) thanks a lot for great plugins!

ThoNohT

Developer
Try looking for the 32 bit installation then. You are probably placing the 32 bit version in the 64 bit installation and then starting the 32 bit installation. It should be in Program Files (x86) in stead of Program Files.

Rosager

Hey guys, i need some help. This plugin seems to not work for me. I put in the .dll file in my 64-bit folder and checked the plugins in the obs launcher. It wansndt there. I cant find it. When i cant find it in the obs launcher its kinda useless for me :l Please help i really need this plugin!

--NOTE--
I fixed it :3

FullBitGamer

Rosager said:
Hey guys, i need some help. This plugin seems to not work for me. I put in the .dll file in my 64-bit folder and checked the plugins in the obs launcher. It wansndt there. I cant find it. When i cant find it in the obs launcher its kinda useless for me :l Please help i really need this plugin!

--NOTE--
I fixed it :3

Rosager, maybe you want to explain how you fixed it? For us that have the same issue and it isn't fixed.

EDIT: NVM I am a retard, I put it in its own folder not directly in 'Plugins"

ARC

Re: Very simple scene switcher

Download the zip on first post, and extract 32bit\scenesw.dll in "plugins" folder of your obs installation, which will be "C:\Program Files (x86)\OBS\plugins" for example. Use 64bit\scenesw.dll instead if you use 64bit OBS.
I put it into "plugins" but it does not show up in the actual program

Last edited: