Replay Source

Replay Source 1.7.0

Statman24

Hallo @Exeldro,
wäre es möglich, dass du dein Plugin so umbaust, dass man die Länge des Replays mit Hotkeys steuern kann ?
Ich mache American Football-Livestreams und hätte gern folgende Funktion:
Wenn der Spielzug beginnt drücke ich einen Hotkey und die Aufnahme des Replays beginnt - aber 1 Sekunde früher -
und wenn der Spielzug vorrüber ist, drücke ich wieder einen Hotkey
und habe dadurch die volle Länge des Spielzugs als Replay (im RAM) zur Verfügung.
Aktuelle kann man nur eine feste REPLAY Dauer vorab in den Einstellungen eintragen.

deepl-Translator:
Hello @Exeldro,
would it be possible to rebuild your plugin so that you can control the length of the replay with hotkeys ?
I am doing American Football live streams and would like to have the following function:
When the Play starts I press a hotkey and the recording of the replay starts - but 1 second earlier -.
and when the Play is over, I press a hotkey again
and have the full length of the Play available as a replay (in RAM).
Currently you can only enter a fixed REPLAY duration in advance in the settings.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Danke !
Altersack, would love to learn more about what you are doing, especially since I am doing something similar with OBS and American Football.

If you only have 1 camera, why not just use the build in "Start Recording/Stop Recording" for this. I can understand why you would use a replay buffer for a sport like basketball, where you never know when a shot is taken, but with football, each play as a defind start (the snap) and and end (the referee Whistle).

Kayo Kay

Hi everybody,

Thanks Exeldro for plugin, it's very very good.

Small suggestions for improvements, if possible.

When replaying multiple replays or changing replay via previous or next, it would take a 300ms fade (automatic or optional)

In studio mode, it would be necessary to be able to use the "previous" and "next" shortcuts in the preview window, to be able to choose from which replay to restart the reading of the multi replays.

Thanks again very much for your work Exeldro.

THE R3Y3S

I don't know if someone alredy asked for that. I'm looking in that thread but didn't find it. Is it possible to "use" this plugin only to control videos from a vlc sequence? For example, use the slowmotion, backward etc? Because I want to make some replays with 2 or more differente flux, but if i save 3-4 replays naturally ram is full. So, it will be great if i can use replay buffer to save replays, and then use this plugin to control them.

I tried to use dynamic deelay too, but i don't have the slowmotion feature. Another big problem is if i use vlc playlist, i need next video deosn't start automatically or with dynamic deelay i have a big problem when i restore the point of view.

Last edited:

medina

when pressing the key to save replay, the replay scene automatically enters, what to do to prevent this from happening?

ne0lines

I just read that some of you record multiple replays which is saved in RAM before actually playing them. How do you do that? I have bound my "replay key" (CTRL + SHIFT + F1) to "Load Replay" and when I press that button it both saves the replay and starts the replay. How do I save multiple replays? Can't really find any detailed documentation about this.

Thanks!

DodoSombrero

Hi @Exeldro

I've noticed that lately (since around 2 weeks), OBS is crashing loads and it seems to point to libobs: graphics thread (Crashed) [Replay-Source.dll]. This is the latest crash report : https://obsproject.com/logs/lTIw60WvbcOp3a2O

In this setup - We are testing using a Capture window grabbing from YouTube.
Usually we would be having 1 Camera filming a football match with occasional highlights (Just 1 Replay in RAM, each replay saved on Disk when the action is called as to have a highlight reel, then scene switches back again to main scene)
What we noticed is that when we quickly change the scene / stop the higlight in middle - it is more suspectible for errors.

We haven't updated to Version 29 yet since there is no mention that it is supported but do you think this would solve it?
All drivers (CPU / GPU / Windows) are up to date and it seems that libobs: graphics thread (Crashed) is very famous with an AMD CPU

Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics
GPU: GTX 3070 Notebook
RAM: 16GB

SuperPenguinTV

Why when it saves to disk it is green like this. Am I missing something?
1677262457735.png

SuperPenguinTV

Hey i am having some trouble with the replay plugin. The replay source it´s fine but from one day to the next I started to have errors in the compilation of the replays.
For this compilation I save the replays in a folder and then I reproduce them using a "Video VCL source". It was working ok but then they are green and have random errors when I try to reproduce them on OBS
I never use forums but now i don´t know what to do. I am uploading a video for the explain on drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HXcGVtEh8hQL4GZjBCzWXnmvRr84Qru-/view?usp=sharing
Did you figure out how to resolve the green issue?

Altezza

I just read that some of you record multiple replays which is saved in RAM before actually playing them. How do you do that? I have bound my "replay key" (CTRL + SHIFT + F1) to "Load Replay" and when I press that button it both saves the replay and starts the replay. How do I save multiple replays? Can't really find any detailed documentation about this.

Thanks!
I do multiply replays, with two camera angles. Both camera connect to my laptop via capture card. One scene for one camere, one for the other.
Using the Touch Portal app, all I have to do is press a "save replay" button on my tablet, which is connected to my laptop/OBS, this does a virtual key press, which is in my case is a F3. This F3 is the "Load replay" in both camera replay scenes.
It is save the previous 8 seconds (you can set any duration) in both camera scenes.
If I want to replay the saved moments, all I have to do is switch to replay scene one, which automaticly replay the recorded moments, and automaticly jump to replay scene two (you can set this also).

After the replays I always delete the saved data from the buffer using a virtual a hotkey.

So, create a one ore more replay scene(s) (depends on you need), set a hotkey for "load replay", set the duration, set a hotkey for "clear", and you are done. If you will use multiply scenes you have to set what should the scene do when the replay is finished (jump to a next scene for e.g.).

DodoSombrero

MY problem still persists. whilst livestreaming of football game I usually do replays and never had any issues . lately without touching any settings, OBS is freezing during the 2nd replay .(i.e. 1st. replay runs smoothly , but then freezes half way during 2nd replay)
I have a hotkey named NUM 1 to save scene.
I have another hotkey to change to the scene, NUM 2, and it switches on the video
After it finishes, it automatically goes back to the filming of the game.
Now for some reason its freezing after the 1st.replay.
Attached are how I have set my hot keys.

Attachments

• NUM.1.PNG
    NUM.1.PNG
    30.3 KB · Views: 35
  • NUM.2.PNG
    NUM.2.PNG
    8.8 KB · Views: 31

jegadk

MY problem still persists. whilst livestreaming of football game I usually do replays and never had any issues . lately without touching any settings, OBS is freezing during the 2nd replay .(i.e. 1st. replay runs smoothly , but then freezes half way during 2nd replay)
I have a hotkey named NUM 1 to save scene.
I have another hotkey to change to the scene, NUM 2, and it switches on the video
After it finishes, it automatically goes back to the filming of the game.
Now for some reason its freezing after the 1st.replay.
Attached are how I have set my hot keys.
Looks like excact the same setup as mine, and it works. No freeze. What settings do you have in the replay source.

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2023-03-02 235045.png
    Skærmbillede 2023-03-02 235045.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 31

jflamy

Installed latest 29.0.2 on fully patched Windows 11.
Installed replay source 1.6.11
Added a single video capture source, my laptop camera.
Went in to configure a replay buffer filter (which is what I understand is required to capture a replay)
As soon as I add the filter, the dialog comes up, but immediately dies when I want to configure the buffer duration.
Same for both audio and video.

It would be helpful to me if the introductory video was updated and used a more realistic example (either a monitor capture or a video capture) that illustrates the async buffer.

jegadk

Installed latest 29.0.2 on fully patched Windows 11.
Installed replay source 1.6.11
Added a single video capture source, my laptop camera.
Went in to configure a replay buffer filter (which is what I understand is required to capture a replay)
As soon as I add the filter, the dialog comes up, but immediately dies when I want to configure the buffer duration.
Same for both audio and video.

It would be helpful to me if the introductory video was updated and used a more realistic example (either a monitor capture or a video capture) that illustrates the async buffer.
Hi.

If you in a scene, add's a video capture device, and try to make a Replay Filter on that source, it dies. This is not the right way to make a replay.

Make a scene called "Cam 1 Scene", add an video capture device named "CAM1".
Make a new scene called "Cam 1 Replay Scene", add a replay source called "Cam 1 Replay source"

In the replay source:
Set "Video Source" to use "CAM1"
Set "Cam 1 Scene" in Next Scene.
Set "Visibility Action" to Restart, or what you want
Set "End action" to Pause after all, or what you want
Set also the directory where you want your replay file. You can also thenge the filename format.

Then you have a scene with your camera, and a scene with your replay source, which is configured to use your camera

Then you just had to configure your hotkeys. As a test go to settings/hotkeys,

In section "Cam 1 Replay Scene"
Set hotkey SHIFT+F1 in Load Replay
Set hotkey SHIFT+F2 in Last
Set hotkey SHIFT+F1 in Save Replay
Set hotkey SHIFT+F2 in Normal speed

In the section "Cam 1 Replay source"
Set hotkey SHIFT+F2 in Switch To Scene

Now. If you are in "Cam 1 Scene". Press SHIFT+F1, which loads the replay and save it to the choosen folder
To play the replay, use SHIFT+F2. It choose the last replay file and playes it at Normal Speed.

All this is also in the youtube video from Andilippi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO5skjeLbNU

In my setup i include scene "Cam 1 Scene" as a small window in the right lower corner of "Cam 1 Replay Scene", to still see the live view when in replay, and include sound from live so the replay has no sound, but we can hear the live sound. And last a textbox in upper right corner with text REPLAY on black background

Regards Jesper Denmark

Last edited:

kfranky

Hey @Exeldro thanks for this plug-in (and the many others I‘ve come across).

I‘m not sure if this provides a solution to my problem and I would love to hear your thoughts if you find the time.

Here’s what I have in mind:

I have instant replay working flawlessly right now with a hotkey and stream deck.
Additionally I want another replay feature which is not instant.

Example: I save a replay from the beginning of my stream (some sort of gameplay highlight). I want to be able to play this replay via hotkey whenever I want + probably multiple times throughout the stream and still have the option to use instant replay for things that deserve immediate repitition on screen.

My ideal solution would be as follows:
  • Hotkey #1 (Instant Replay): saves replay to File1 and then immediately plays the replay on stream. The next press of Hotkey #1 overwrites File1 and is again immediately played on stream (currently working already!)
  • Hotkey #2: saves replay to File2. When pressed again it overwrites File2 with a new replay. This Hotley just saves a replay for later use with Hotkey #3.
  • Hotkey #3: plays the replay from File2 which was saved via Hotkey #2.
As of right now this theoretically works, but both Hotkey #1 and Hotkey#2 save to and overwrite the same file.

Is there a way to have Hotkey #1 save to File1 and Hotkey #2 save to File2? (Both overwriting on subsequent presses so that I only have to direct to one file for both Hotkey #1 (instant replay) and Hotkey #2 (on demand replay) which is basically automatically refreshed to the latest replay).

Thanks in advance!