Replay Source

Replay Source 1.7.0

SirCeacea

Hey @Exeldro, I found a bug with the current version that's getting in the way of using the frame stepping feature. For one, playback pauses indefinitely as the code gets stuck in an infinite loop when:
1. Using loop single end action
2. Playing backwards
3. Reaching the "end" (the start of the replay)

I tried fixing this, and uncovered some strange behavior in the frame stepping logic. I've fixed that logic, so that stepping and resuming playback always starts from the right place. Before, sometimes the playback would errantly resume from the beginning or end of the replay.

Could you please take a look and see if the the changes are acceptable? I had trouble understanding your previous changes here:

PR: https://github.com/exeldro/obs-replay-source/pull/61

SirCeacea

Hi Exeldro,
In this plugin (Replay Source) you have a function to "Step forwards ´N´ frames" or backwards.
Would it be possible to write a plugin/script to have this function in a "Mediasource"?
Best regards
This would be amazing! We'd need to refactor these controls somehow.

Helrayzr

Hey Exeldro,
When saving a replay to file, the FLV audio is very grainy / noisy, and as AVI I can only get it to load into VLC, where it has no audio at all. Neither of these can be imported into any of my video editing products either. What codec is the audio and video in for FLV and AVI? Any chance there's an Export to MP4 option?

macmeister

Good day. Just a question. Im using a switcher 3 cams - Main CAM at the Center and 2 sidelines. I want to get the replay of the sidelines only. How can I do that in OBS? Thank you!

WekizZ

I cant seem to find where are the files saved?
In the Replay Source settings I have it Replay Source, but nothing ever ends up there...

dreambuilder

Would love to see a revamp of this plugin because it consumes so much ram (about 2.5gb for 5sec replay) and make possible some options like start playing from the beginning when the source is visible, clear the replay cache when it ends, when I save the replay (having 3 replays) it only saves the first one even if I wait to have all the replays loaded and then save it.

I feel like the Replay Buffer of OBS with your Instant Replay Lua outpowers this plugin

I would gladly suggest more things to make it better for live productions!

petjo10

@petjo10 that would require changes in the media source itself.
The this is not possible (Actual time)?
1711167660123.png

dwi110

Hey there @Exeldro
i love that plugin - great work.
We use it as a multi cam replay for 5 ndi cameras - works great so far (25gb of RAM for all 5 1080p60 cams).

To control the replays, like speed or trim, we use companion/streamdeck. If we do "real" keyboard shortcuts, it works great but if we try to use the hotkey id to trigger, it is not working. I think the hotkey id of all 5 instances are the same, but pressing the action does not trigger all 5 but none.

Is that maybe easy fixable or do we need to use keyboard hotkeys (we stream 6 fields parallel and we are running out of available hotkey combinations :D even with f13 to F24)

thanks

1711908147344.png

Exeldro

@dwi110 In OBS 30.1 in obs websocket you can add a context name to triggerHotkeyByName. The context name is the name shown in the OBS hotkey settings.

pool0513

Hello, thank you so much for your work.
I have a question, I was using the plugin with no issue till I bought NDI camera.
It seems the plugin is not able to get sound from NDI devices. If I select any mic I have, it works ok. But if I select the NDI camera mic it does not record the sound on the replay file. Any idea ?
Thanks