ThomasConnolly

Version 28 is a neat upgrade; alas, the PTZ control plugin isn't compatible (I wonder what new feature "broke" the plugin. Hope it's updated because it's a great plugin. Thanks.

Lawrence_SoCal

(I wonder what new feature "broke" the plugin.
I don't know for sure, but an educated guess is that the well documented and discussed change to a new User Interface (and dropping 32-bit), which knowingly meant many plugins would require an update to be functional/compatible with OBS v28

Paul74

I don't know for sure, but an educated guess is that the well documented and discussed change to a new User Interface (and dropping 32-bit), which knowingly meant many plugins would require an update to be functional/compatible with OBS v28
yeah, most of all dropping Qt5 in favor of Qt6 for the ui framework, so no longer supporting Windows 7 & 8 and all 32-bit systems.

glikely

For all of you wanting to update to OBS Studio v28, I'm working on an update of the plugin. It is currently building on MacOS and Linux, but I've got a few problems with Windows. I hope to have a test build out there soon. When I do I'll mention it here.

glikely

yeah, most of all dropping Qt5 in favor of Qt6 for the ui framework, so no longer supporting Windows 7 & 8 and all 32-bit systems.
It was the switch to Qt6 that caused the breakage. I had to rebase my project onto the newest version of the obs-plugintemplate tp get it building again, and I don't yet have a solution for re-enabling control via a serial port because OBS doesn't include QSerialPort in the list of libraries.

glikely

glikely

glikely updated PTZ Controls with a new update entry:

First build of v28 support now available

A first test release of the plugin that works with OBS Studio v28 is available now. This is only a test release, and a lot of stuff is still broken, but it should at least run. If you have some time and don't care if it breaks your system then please give it a try and report back here how it goes.

Read the rest of this update entry...

youbecha

I don't want to sound like I am hijacking the thread, just looking for compatible cameras to this plugin.

Been looking at this project... We are trying to build a setup for our non-profit to stream meetings and presentations. We don't want to (can't afford to) buy professional SDI cameras, just use IP cameras. I understand this only works with VISCA...and I can't find any cameras below about $300 that use this protocol...are there any other camera options out there...you google VISCA and you only see 3 or so Pro camera manufacturers.

Northdiver

Boy, I wish I knew that you were working to fix it before I spent all night to get it to compile with the original code.
Thanks for the great plugin!!

glikely

I don't want to sound like I am hijacking the thread, just looking for compatible cameras to this plugin.

Been looking at this project... We are trying to build a setup for our non-profit to stream meetings and presentations. We don't want to (can't afford to) buy professional SDI cameras, just use IP cameras. I understand this only works with VISCA...and I can't find any cameras below about $300 that use this protocol...are there any other camera options out there...you google VISCA and you only see 3 or so Pro camera manufacturers.
The plugin also works with the older PELCO protocols if that helps. It can also be extended to add other protocols if you find one that works for you. ONVIF support is in progress.

For myself I'm using older Sony 1080p cameras that I got off eBay for somewhere around £400 each.

glikely

Boy, I wish I knew that you were working to fix it before I spent all night to get it to compile with the original code.
Thanks for the great plugin!!
If you're able to build code, then I could use some help! I've got the plugin cleaned up to use the latest obs-plugintemplate, and that has made things /much/ easier to work with. However, I don't have a solution for including the QtSerialPort library on Windows or MacOS yet. If you could get that working it would be a big help

glowingmoose

It seems in the later versions the VISCA over Serial has been removed, is this true? What was the last version that supported it? I user the feature exclusively...

glikely

It seems in the later versions the VISCA over Serial has been removed, is this true? What was the last version that supported it? I user the feature exclusively...
VISCA over serial is temporarily disabled due to the changes I had to make to the build infrastructure. I've got it working again in the Linux build, but MacOS and Windows still requires some work.

glikely

Please add ONVIF protocol
Basic ONVIF support has been implemented, but it is currently disabled because it has some major problems that need to be resolved before it is safe to use. I will need some help on the code before it can be enabled in the release builds.

Emmandi

Basic ONVIF support has been implemented, but it is currently disabled because it has some major problems that need to be resolved before it is safe to use. I will need some help on the code before it can be enabled in the release builds.
When can we expect a working version ??