Tab12590

Looks like you are using a PTZOptics camera, which we also are. I've gotten PTZ Controls to work with a PT20X-SDI Gen2 model, but yours is probably a different model. Regardless, I /think/ the issue is that you have an RTSP URL in the "IP host" field in the PTZ Controls settings dialog. IIRC, all you want there is the IP address of the camera, i.e., 192.168.1.88. Note that the port number at the end of the URL you are using, 554, is instead specified in the "TCP port" field.

Unfortunately I'm not sitting at a machine where I can verify these settings, so if those changes don't work, I /think/ PTZ Controls allows you to use VISCA over UDP instead. If your camera model supports UDP, the port number is probably going to be 1259, unless you've changed it in the camera's web interface.

HTH.
First off thank you very much for taking the time to help trouble shoot.

So i found time to play with this again, sorry for the delay. So i have tried only using the ip ONLY f for the ptz control but no luck, if i use ip only for the media source the video does not work, only RTSP works.

i also tried to match all the port id's but no luck either. if i found a port in the web setting i tried it in obs.

this is not a braded as a ptz camer but i beliave i bought from there vendor. the model i have is AT-200TW

Tab12590

So i found time to play with this again, sorry for the delay. So i have tried only using the ip ONLY f for the ptz control but no luck, if i use ip only for the media source the video does not work, only RTSP works.

i also tried to match all the port id's but no luck either. if i found a port in the web setting i tried it in obs.

this is not a braded as a ptz camer but i beliave i bought from there vendor. the model i have is AT-200TW
FYI my camera is ONVIF that is why i use RTSP. NOT sure if that has anything to do with this.

Tab12590

ok so looking over glikely Jan 4 post, ONVIF is not supported. thanks for all your help

iambobthefish

This is a great plug-in.
I've found though that when I restart the laptop we're using that the preset names all default back to the default numbering, as opposed to what I've customised them as. The actual positions for the presets are retained, just the names are lost. Interestingly on a second laptop (both running Windows 10) the names are all retained no matter how often I restart etc.
We're only using OBS at the moment for PTZ control, so I'm not very familiar with the rest of the software. Is there something I'm missing to ensure we keep the preset names?

TonyKSussex

We are trying to set up a streaming facility in our fairly large church. The PTZ plugin is working fine with our Tongveo HD conference camera and we have found that we can control it using only the camera's USB port through OBS. Unfortunately the camera is some distance from a suitable control location, so we are using our wi-fi system and a second laptop to control the camera. It would be much simpler if we could, without using a second computer, extend the camera's USB connection wirelessly over the wi-fi system. Is there any device/dongle for doing this? Presumably we would need IP addresses.

Paul74

This is a great plug-in.
I've found though that when I restart the laptop we're using that the preset names all default back to the default numbering, as opposed to what I've customised them as. The actual positions for the presets are retained, just the names are lost. Interestingly on a second laptop (both running Windows 10) the names are all retained no matter how often I restart etc.
We're only using OBS at the moment for PTZ control, so I'm not very familiar with the rest of the software. Is there something I'm missing to ensure we keep the preset names?
Most probably on that pc you have some issues on writing the config.json file that is where the plug-in stores it's parameters and also the preset names. So from obs go in help menu-log files-show log files. It will open a folder, go one level up and the into plugin_config and then ptz-controls. You will find the config.json file. See in the properties if the user of the pc can write on it, if not, give the permissions. If you open the file with a normal notepad or text editor, you should see the presets with their names.

Northdiver

I am wondering if there is a hotkey or hotkey combination to switch which device has focus (not optical focus, attention to accept hotkeys to make PTZ adjustments). I am working on a project to use a Pro Micro Atmega32U4 board to emulate a keyboard along with a joystick with a pushbutton, optical encoder. The joystick will control pan and tilt, optical encoder to control zoom, and the push button to change which camera to move.

Thanks for this wonderful plugin!

Paul74

I am wondering if there is a hotkey or hotkey combination to switch which device has focus (not optical focus, attention to accept hotkeys to make PTZ adjustments). I am working on a project to use a Pro Micro Atmega32U4 board to emulate a keyboard along with a joystick with a pushbutton, optical encoder. The joystick will control pan and tilt, optical encoder to control zoom, and the push button to change which camera to move.

Thanks for this wonderful plugin!
In global settings for OBS, hotkeys, you find some hotkeys relative to PTZ, but I don't find the one to select different cameras. That would be a nice and usefull hotkey to implement indeed.

mwiggers1974

Having issue using the Controller for my USB PTZ camera. All the settings want an IP address. USB doesn't have IP addresses. Any ideas?

Paul74

Having issue using the Controller for my USB PTZ camera. All the settings want an IP address. USB doesn't have IP addresses. Any ideas?
There's also serial option. If your cam is USB it probably creates a virtual COM port. You then want to create a cam with the same serial COM port.

TonyKSussex

We are having great success with the PTZ plugin via USB (no IP address needed - just use the plugin). I am able to set and reset the preset camera positions and to name them. I have transferred camera control to the arrow and numerical keys on the PC keyboard using the main setting function in OBS. It may be a feature of this camera but left and right are reversed - easy to fix in OBS. Zoom works with the + and - keys (setttings). The only problems are: 1. ensuring that the camera is always mounted in the correct position, so that the presets work, and 2. not yet being able to extend the USB by means of a virtual cable over the local wi-fi link. If the camera is powered by a small 12v battery then there is only one cable, the USB cable, to worry about. Is there any way of blanking the screen automatically while panning (in OBS)?

Maxemum610

Newbie here, G'day mate.(Hey Bro).
I have the Dahua Camera IPC-HFW71242H-Z that has an RS485 port that through the OS can control a Wiper or a Light.
I want to use this port to control a Pan Tilt Head.
The Web3 manual on page22 shows PelcoD, but my OS is Web5? - page 77 in that manual has the serial port config.
Having installed PTZ Control and adding the PTZ device with PelcoD it asks for the 'UART PORT' ...? What am I looking for here? How do I find it. Have I chosen the wrong configuration? Am I using the correct controller?
Thankyou

VicNox

Hi, I currently have 2 PTZ Cameras that are working great with the software. However, I want to use the gamepad function and so I bought a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro thinking that it would be recognised as a gamepad. However, it appeared to be unable to do so. Instead, I tried emulating a XBOX 360 Controller used Xinput and ViGEmBus to emulate it. However, even with that in place it still does not allow me to enable use of a gamepad. If you could shed some light on how to go about configuring this it would be fantastic. Thank you

twalp

When I add an NDI device (SMRTAV BA30N) in PTZ Controls it is named "PTZ Device" and there's no option to rename it -- at least not that I can see. How do I specify or change the name?