nmhammer2

Hello,

I have a camera mounted upside down. I do not see anything in the menu that says to flip the controls. Is there a way to do this in the plugin?

twalp

I have a question that involves your PTZ Controls plugin. Please let me know if I should post it in another category.

Background:
  • Two FoMaKok NDI PTZ cameras
  • I have a few Scenes for each camera, and each calls a PTZ Controls preset to frame the desired shot for that scene.
  • OBS is in Studio view.
Let's say the Program window is showing a WS on camera 1.
In the preview window I call up a CU Preset on camera 2. I then manually reframe C2's shot (using PTZ Controls plug-in) and cut to this Scene.
As soon as I switch back to the C1 WS to put it on Program, the Preview window changes to show C2, AND (and here's my question) C2 does a PTZ move back to original preset shot. My reframed shot is lost and I have to recreate it.
This reframed shot is not normally needed so I'd rather not add it as a Preset.
I figure what's happening is that Preview auto-selects this Scene and therefore executes everything in it, including the PTZ Controls setting.

Is there a way to tell OBS to leave my custom-framed shot alone so I can return to it?

toplachi

I have a question that involves your PTZ Controls plugin. Please let me know if I should post it in another category.

Background:
  • Two FoMaKok NDI PTZ cameras
  • I have a few Scenes for each camera, and each calls a PTZ Controls preset to frame the desired shot for that scene.
  • OBS is in Studio view.
Let's say the Program window is showing a WS on camera 1.
In the preview window I call up a CU Preset on camera 2. I then manually reframe C2's shot (using PTZ Controls plug-in) and cut to this Scene.
As soon as I switch back to the C1 WS to put it on Program, the Preview window changes to show C2, AND (and here's my question) C2 does a PTZ move back to original preset shot. My reframed shot is lost and I have to recreate it.
This reframed shot is not normally needed so I'd rather not add it as a Preset.
I figure what's happening is that Preview auto-selects this Scene and therefore executes everything in it, including the PTZ Controls setting.

Is there a way to tell OBS to leave my custom-framed shot alone so I can return to it?
Are you using the PTZ Action plug-in? Why not just disable it from C2 and manually call your preset shot when needed? Also you can opt to set a preset where you can save reframed shot just incase you feel that you're going to be needing it

twalp

Are you using the PTZ Action plug-in? Why not just disable it from C2 and manually call your preset shot when needed? Also you can opt to set a preset where you can save reframed shot just incase you feel that you're going to be needing it
“PTZ Action plug-in”? No. “PTZ Controls” plug-in. And I’m trying to make the system operable by anyone. I think that when cutting away from a specially framed shot the operator should be able to return to it, without any rigmarole. But thanks for responding.

toplachi

I think that when cutting away from a specially framed shot the operator should be able to return to it, without any rigmarole. But thanks for responding.
Yes AFAIK that is what PTZ Control normally does, unless that framed shot was manually change or there is another automation that calls the saved preset.

I ask about "PTZ Action" because its one of these 2 plugins that I know of that can call a certain preset and move the camera automatically. And from what I understand, your issue is about the camera getting back to that preset whenever this particular scene was in preview ---- which is not happening to mine with just the PTZ Control plugin alone.

Sorry, I am trying to understand but still a bit confused :-D

Lawrence_SoCal

I have a camera mounted upside down. I do not see anything in the menu that says to flip the controls. Is there a way to do this in the plugin?
The cameras I've seen have an in-camera option to rotate output (ie an orientation setting) so video output is rotated in-camera. Does your camera not have that option? And even if it doesn't your could use OBS to rotate the image. right?

ptz4ez

Hi, I currently have 2 PTZ Cameras that are working great with the software. However, I want to use the gamepad function and so I bought a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro thinking that it would be recognised as a gamepad. However, it appeared to be unable to do so. Instead, I tried emulating a XBOX 360 Controller used Xinput and ViGEmBus to emulate it. However, even with that in place it still does not allow me to enable use of a gamepad. If you could shed some light on how to go about configuring this it would be fantastic. Thank you
Hello did you ever find an answer for this? I'm trying the same thing with joystick/gamepad controllers in order to avoid a dedicated PTZ joystick.

DennisAllen

This plugin has been extremely useful! Really looking forward to being able to use it in OBS 28! Will it be updated to work with the new release? I will be rolling back to OBS 27 for now.

Thanks!

BenAndo

I'm also keen to see this updated for OBS 28. For now I'll stay on v28 and just use a browser dock with companion buttons to control my PTZ device. Not quite as good but it'll get my by for the time being.

1662630327190.png

centineo

Hi,

I-m trying to control Canon CN500 it works only as VISCA-over-IP through UDP
I couldn't control through TCP

Someone knows if that is possible?
Regards

Ruben