FL33543

Gamepad question...
Is there a trick to getting the gamepad controls to work? I enable gamepad, but nothing seems to happen when I use it. Trying to use a Logitech joystick.

glikely

Gamepad question...
Is there a trick to getting the gamepad controls to work? I enable gamepad, but nothing seems to happen when I use it. Trying to use a Logitech joystick.
Gamepad support is completely broken on Windows, and has been removed in the latest release

glikely

Is this plugin already compatible with the Apple Silicon version of obs software?
Yes. I'm testing the v0.12.0 pre release builds on an M1 MacBook Pro in both MacOS and Linux. Please try it out and let me know how it works for you

obs2210

That sounds great.
I don‘t have an Apple Silicon device at the moment but I‘m planning to buy a MacBook as a new mobile streaming device.

obs2210

Has anyone experience with controlling old Cisco Tandberg conference cams with this plugin? I got a TTC8-02 cam (without codec. I‘m controlling direct via VISCA). Manual PTZ actions are working great but I can‘t save or call presets. And there is another weird behavior with these cams: the speed setting for pan and tilt is only taken into account if the ‘IR Off‘ command is sent before. I hoped that I can send that command via PuTTY (or any other serial console) after booting the camera (the command lasts till reboot) but that doesn‘t work. Maybe someone else had this problem before.

centineo

Hi to all,
trying to install PTZ plugin in a Mac Studio with Ventura, OBS 28.1
If I install for any user it don't show in OBS if I install only for me, the OBS crashes at open
Tried Mac-universal and Mac-ARM - obs-ptz v0.12.0-pre5
some one have any idea of solutions

Ruben

AmyGM

This is my first time posting, so if I'm posting in the wrong place, let me know. The only option I have is "Post Reply" but I'm not replying to anyone. We are using the PTZ Controls plug-in with our Prisual 20X 1080P NDI PTZ camera. The camera is connected to the laptop via a switcher and cable. We are still using OBS Studio 27.2.4. Over the last couple of weeks we've had an issue with a camera view which is not a preset randomly showing up instead of the preset when we switch scenes in Preview. Once it may have actually happened in the middle of a scene (the tech person was not at the computer at the time). This only happens when we are livestreaming. Thoughts on what's going on?

glikely

This is my first time posting, so if I'm posting in the wrong place, let me know. The only option I have is "Post Reply" but I'm not replying to anyone. We are using the PTZ Controls plug-in with our Prisual 20X 1080P NDI PTZ camera. The camera is connected to the laptop via a switcher and cable. We are still using OBS Studio 27.2.4. Over the last couple of weeks we've had an issue with a camera view which is not a preset randomly showing up instead of the preset when we switch scenes in Preview. Once it may have actually happened in the middle of a scene (the tech person was not at the computer at the time). This only happens when we are livestreaming. Thoughts on what's going on?
No idea what this could be. Can you please open an issue on GitHub and attach the obs log file showing when the wrong camera view is shown?

Jodi Sankev

Gamepad question...
Gamepad question...
Try if you van use

AntiMicroX​

I use this for several tasks in OBS

BCFischer

@glikely :

This is a great plugin and you have done a lot of work to get it V28.x ready.

I use it to control 2 Canon CR-N300 ptz cameras via VISCA over IP and it works well. Any thoughts about adding the Canon XC Protocol to the list of selectable protocols?

Thanks, take care, and stay safe,

Brian

glikely

@glikely :

This is a great plugin and you have done a lot of work to get it V28.x ready.

I use it to control 2 Canon CR-N300 ptz cameras via VISCA over IP and it works well. Any thoughts about adding the Canon XC Protocol to the list of selectable protocols?

Thanks, take care, and stay safe,

Brian
Thanks Brian. I’m glad it is working well for you.

I’m not using any Canon hardware myself, but I’m happy to include support for other protocols, if someone does the work to enable it. Patches can be sent to me with a GitHub pull request.

To get things started, please file a feature request here and include any details you can provide about the Canon XC protocol.

AmyGM

Two days ago I updated OBS to the latest version and this morning updated to the most recent PTZ Controls v.0.12.1. When I start up OBS, it says the plug in failed to load.
Here's the log.
I'm going to be in a bind for our worship stream tomorrow if I can't get this figured out. I guess a solution is to return to previous versions of OBS and PTZ controls, but I was updating in order to work out bugs (random unset PTZ views showing up during livestreams). Do I need to set up an entirely new OBS profile and start over on everything?

In the future, if we have the random view problem, I will know how to find the log, but at this point that log is long gone, it seems.

glikely

Thanks for filing a bug report on this one. As I replied there, you've got both the old and new versions of the plugin installed. Delete ptz-controls.dll from the plugin directory and the error message should go away. The log shows that the new version is loading fine.

I hope that gets you sorted for tomorrow morning.