Cal0209

Is there any plans to support PTZ camera's that use CGI web commands? An example camera is a Sony IPELA SNC-EP550 network camera which I use in my production that uses CGI. Unfortuantely I don't think it supports VISCA over IP, which is a shame.

glikely

Is there any plans to support PTZ camera's that use CGI web commands? An example camera is a Sony IPELA SNC-EP550 network camera which I use in my production that uses CGI. Unfortuantely I don't think it supports VISCA over IP, which is a shame.
Adding ONVIF support is on the todo list, but I don't have any of that hardware, so I'm depending on others to get it working.

glikely

I've just tagged a test release, v0.13.0-test1, with a bunch of internal fixes, some new hot keys, and a way to block live moves on PTZ action sources. Because some of the changes are invasive, I’d like to get some testing before I release for real.

Please test and let me know how it works for you.

dzurn

I've tried a dozen times to install the PTZ Controls on Win10 64-bit PC, running as Admin each time with OBS closed (AFAIK).

The PTZ Control installer (obs-ptz-v0.12.2-windows-x64-Installer) claims success, and there are two "obs-ptz" pieces in the plugins folder, but it hasn't worked according to the log files.

I updated OBS to 27.2, but that hasn't helped.

13:57:33.462: Skipping module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/libGLESv2.dll', not an OBS plugin
13:57:33.486: [obs-browser]: Version 2.17.13
13:57:33.486: [obs-browser]: CEF Version 95.0.0-MediaHandler.2467+g8092a57+chromium-95.0.4638.69
13:57:33.503: NVENC supported
13:57:33.504: [noise suppress]: NVIDIA RTX denoiser disabled, redistributable not found
13:57:33.526: LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/obs-ptz.dll': The specified module could not be found.
13:57:33.526: (126)
13:57:33.526: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/obs-ptz.dll' not loaded
13:57:33.613: [obs-websocket] you can haz websockets (version 4.9.1)
13:57:33.613: [obs-websocket] qt version (compile-time): 5.15.2 ; qt version (run-time): 5.15.2
13:57:33.614: [obs-websocket] module loaded!
13:57:33.628: Skipping module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/Qt6SerialPort.dll', not an OBS plugin

I don't have any "obs-ptz" folder in the plugin-config directory either.
1668975503940.png

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

glikely

I've tried a dozen times to install the PTZ Controls on Win10 64-bit PC, running as Admin each time with OBS closed (AFAIK).

The PTZ Control installer (obs-ptz-v0.12.2-windows-x64-Installer) claims success, and there are two "obs-ptz" pieces in the plugins folder, but it hasn't worked according to the log files.

I updated OBS to 27.2, but that hasn't helped.
The released v0.12.2 binaries only work with OBS studio v28 or higher

JanGVH

@glikely

First of all, thanks for this camera control.

I have three comments for the wish list:
I scale the camera control UI to a certain spot on my screen.
I would like it if it came back there when reopening the plugin.

When choosing another preset I have to double-click.
this is difficult with a quick scene change.
can that be a single click?

This question is getting really cheeky, but I'll ask it anyway!
With a preset change, the camera now moves per axis to the next setting.
can it be interpolated?

(just to be clear, this is how I know it with a robot:
with an interpolating movement, the largest axis movement is leading.
that movement is divided into steps. With more steps, the movement becomes smoother.
the other axes move in proportion to allow smooth movement to the new preset point. The movement between the different preset points is calculated in advance and laid out in a table.)

I'll see if I can beta test for you.
Thanks and best regards,
Jan Groeneveld

glikely

@glikely

First of all, thanks for this camera control.
I'm glad it is working well for you.
I have three comments for the wish list:
I scale the camera control UI to a certain spot on my screen.
I would like it if it came back there when reopening the plugin.
That is a good suggestion. Please add a feature request on GitHub to track this. You can file issues at https://github.com/glikely/obs-ptz/issues
When choosing another preset I have to double-click.
this is difficult with a quick scene change.
can that be a single click?
I've avoided making it single click to protect against accidental recalls when selecting a preset to update it. On PC/Linux this is less of an issue because the context menu can be called up with a right click, but on Mac that's not very user friendly.

One possible solution is to add an activate button within the list item so that selecting doesn't activate, but clicking the embedded button does. As with the above, please file a feature request on GitHub to track.
This question is getting really cheeky, but I'll ask it anyway!
With a preset change, the camera now moves per axis to the next setting.
can it be interpolated?

(just to be clear, this is how I know it with a robot:
with an interpolating movement, the largest axis movement is leading.
that movement is divided into steps. With more steps, the movement becomes smoother.
the other axes move in proportion to allow smooth movement to the new preset point. The movement between the different preset points is calculated in advance and laid out in a table.)
This isn't so easy because the controller doesn't manage the preset moves, or even track where the preset points to. The controller just tells the camera which preset to recall. The position information is stored by the camera, and it decides how to move there. Many PTZ cameras do perform a smooth diagonal move (e.g., the Sony SRG-120DH that I use), but others do not.

Interpolating would require rearchitecting presets to be stored by the controller, and then sending interpolated move commands. However even that would not be very smooth because the camera would stop at each interpolation point. It would be quite a jerky transition.
I'll see if I can beta test for you.
Much appreciated. Thanks!

JanGVH

@glikely,
Thanks for the super fast response!
I've added the first two questions to the request list.
I will now return to the third.
my little problem can be solved if there is a possibility to run a chain of presets.
then I can run preset1 - preset1 zoomed out – preset2 zoomed out- preset2
or
preset1 – waypoint1 – waypoint2 - preset2.

Would this be possible?
Thanks again for all your work!
Jan

glikely

@glikely,
Thanks for the super fast response!
I've added the first two questions to the request list.
I will now return to the third.
my little problem can be solved if there is a possibility to run a chain of presets.
then I can run preset1 - preset1 zoomed out – preset2 zoomed out- preset2
or
preset1 – waypoint1 – waypoint2 - preset2.

Would this be possible?

It would be possible, but I think there is a better way. The PTZ action source is kind of a clunky way to make things happen, and it doesn't at all integrate with other non-PTZ actions that a user might want to do. Instead, I want to look into the Advanced Scene Switcher, and see if I can get PTZ actions added to that plugin. If so, then you'd be able to chain up as many actions as you like, PTZ or otherwise, do to what you need.
Does that sound workable?

kpdillon

glikely submitted a new resource:

PTZ Controls - Pan Tilt Zoom camera controls for OBS

Read more about this resource...
This is working, but I have 6 PTZ cameras. I am confused by the statement "and can automatically change selected camera based on the currently active preview or program scene.". When I change the scene is the joystick control automatically supposed to change to that camera? If so, how? Right now I have to select the PTZ device manually after changing the scene.

glikely

This is working, but I have 6 PTZ cameras. I am confused by the statement "and can automatically change selected camera based on the currently active preview or program scene.". When I change the scene is the joystick control automatically supposed to change to that camera? If so, how? Right now I have to select the PTZ device manually after changing the scene.
Give the PTZ device exactly the same name as the source it is attached to, and click either the 'PRE' or 'LIVE' button at the bottom of the controls dock. Automatic camera selection should then start working.

This is all a bit hacky and unintuitive though. I am planning to add the associated source to the settings dialog so the that name doesn't need to be identical

kpdillon

Give the PTZ device exactly the same name as the source it is attached to, and click either the 'PRE' or 'LIVE' button at the bottom of the controls dock. Automatic camera selection should then start working.

This is all a bit hacky and unintuitive though. I am planning to add the associated source to the settings dialog so the that name doesn't need to be identical
Thank you, that is working... Is it possible to get the preview scene to change then I select the PTZ device from your plugin?

kpdillon

I’m not following what you mean. Can you describe the behaviour your looking for in more detail?
In your widget, I would like to be able to select a PTZ camera and have the preview window change when I select that camera. Just trying to minimize the # of things I need to click when I change between 6 different cameras.

glikely

In your widget, I would like to be able to select a PTZ camera and have the preview window change when I select that camera. Just trying to minimize the # of things I need to click when I change between 6 different cameras.
Ah, I understand now. I’ll experiment with that, but it is a little complex to do well because a camera may be in multiple scenes, and it won’t be clear which one should be selected to preview.

Just curious, how would that reduce the number of clicks? When automatic camera selection is working I only need to click once on the camera scene, and then the PTZ controls are active for that camera. How does clicking on the PTZ device instead of the scene improve things?

Randomdude

Hi,
I have my CCTV cameras connected to DVR via coax cable. The DVR has an IP address etc and is on LAN (local network). The DVR has a username name and password etc but i can view the feeds easily enough via VLC/OBS/android etc using RTSP URLS with username and password in the TRSP url. I have installed and added the PTZ controls dock to OBS and tried configuring the cameras with VISCO-over-IP connection but I can get it to work. I suspect it is due to the DVRs username and password. Any ideas on how I can tackle this? thanks in advance. Great plugin by the way.

Randomdude

Hi,
I have my CCTV cameras connected to DVR via coax cable. The DVR has an IP address etc and is on LAN (local network). The DVR has a username name and password etc but i can view the feeds easily enough via VLC/OBS/android etc using RTSP URLS with username and password in the TRSP url. I have installed and added the PTZ controls dock to OBS and tried configuring the cameras with VISCO-over-IP connection but I can get it to work. I suspect it is due to the DVRs username and password. Any ideas on how I can tackle this? thanks in advance. Great plugin by the way.
I think I now see the answer to my question above in post about PTZ over RTSP URL not being supported. I thought I saw someone elsewhere on the web getting something working outside OBS. Ill take another look at options.

kpdillon

Ah, I understand now. I’ll experiment with that, but it is a little complex to do well because a camera may be in multiple scenes, and it won’t be clear which one should be selected to preview.

Just curious, how would that reduce the number of clicks? When automatic camera selection is working I only need to click once on the camera scene, and then the PTZ controls are active for that camera. How does clicking on the PTZ device instead of the scene improve things?
I guess it also comes down to distance of clicking a scene and then moving back to the joystick. Currently I use a separate program (PTZ Optics App) and I select the camera. When I select the camera it would be great if the preview displayed that corresponding scene and then I could either just control the joystick or select a preset then hit the fade button. Would be so much better from a usability point of view. Also, if you can play with adjusting your layout so that it is similar to the ptz optics app - would make it so easy to use!
Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 12.18.40 PM.png

glikely

I guess it also comes down to distance of clicking a scene and then moving back to the joystick. Currently I use a separate program (PTZ Optics App) and I select the camera. When I select the camera it would be great if the preview displayed that corresponding scene and then I could either just control the joystick or select a preset then hit the fade button. Would be so much better from a usability point of view.

Ah, I see what you're asking. I've generally got the window set up so that the PTZ controls are right beside the scene & source selection, so there isn't such a great distance:

1669992819645.png

Also, if you can play with adjusting your layout so that it is similar to the ptz optics app - would make it so easy to use!View attachment 89307

I've avoided matching the layout of other controllers, both to avoid simply copying other work, and I'm not convinced it is the best use of space. I wanted the most used buttons right at the top of the dock so that they are the first things seen. I want to experiment with removing the device list entirely as it doesn't add any functionality that isn't already there by clicking on a scene or a source.

The preset list does need a lot of work. Right now they are fixed to camera presets, but I want to store presets locally on the controller end so that predefined sets can be saved/restored, and so that I can get thumbnails of the scene when the preset is stored.