Question / Help Poor quality, blur when there is movement, 6k bite 60fps

Duss

Hi all.

I'm having poor picture quality on live streaming.
this includes blurring, lack of sharpness in details (written for example) and when the camera is moving.
This also generates an enormous lack of fluidity.

I play RPG with fast movement with many details and fast scenes that move on the screen.

I would like help to greatly improve this quality. I've had good quality before (1year) but now it looks really bad.

I see people with impeccable quality with similar config, I even had this type of quality in this game, but now I do not know what is happening.

I can use speed in "fast" or even "medium" because the game does not consume much CPU (10% ~ 15%) so I have 85% free CPU, but the quality is not much different.
so does bitrate.
I usually use 4500 bitrate even with 6000 the quality is not good.

I currently have a fiber internet with 200MB download and 100MB upload

Screenshot_1.png

Config

CPU:i7 3960x OC @ 4.8GHZ
MB: Rampage Extreme IV
Memory: 16GB DDR3 (dual only) OC @ 2400 MHZ
GPU: GTX 970 MSI OC
SSD: Sandisk 240gb

1.png

2.png

OBS LOG:
https://hastebin.com/uwuxoralow

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 121471

The only things you can do, based on the little information offered, is:

1) Set Output--->Tune to "(None)"
2) Right click your game capture source then uncheck/disable "SLI/Crossfire capture"

If you want further help, post a logfile with a streaming or recording attempt, preferably after playing that game for a good while.

Duss

2) Right click your game capture source then uncheck/disable "SLI/Crossfire capture"

If you want further help, post a logfile with a streaming or recording attempt, preferably after playing that game for a good while.

But there 's nothing else I can.
some kind of standard to improve quality?
I always see people with similar config and with optimum quality with the same resolution and bitrate rate.

Duss

New OBS Log

D

Deleted member 121471

The log shows you're slightly overloading your GPU. Either enable VSYNC, though it comes with a input lag penalty, or cap your FPS (ingame or Rivatuner).

Other than that, I don't see anything particularly wrong with your settings.

If you stream 720@30FPS@3500kbps, does the stream still suffer from quality issues? Does this only happen with Tera? Only in high motion moments?

I stream Warframe, which is an insanely high motion game as well and there are times 720p@60FPS doesn't look great either, with only 6k bitrate to spare, when there are a lot of particles on the screen.

Duss

The log shows you're slightly overloading your GPU. Either enable VSYNC, though it comes with a input lag penalty, or cap your FPS (ingame or Rivatuner).

Other than that, I don't see anything particularly wrong with your settings.

If you stream 720@30FPS@3500kbps, does the stream still suffer from quality issues? Does this only happen with Tera? Only in high motion moments?

I stream Warframe, which is an insanely high motion game as well and there are times 720p@60FPS doesn't look great either, with only 6k bitrate to spare, when there are a lot of particles on the screen.

GPU? I'm using CPU to transmit, tera has an FPS limit of 80 and it hardly hits this FPS, it's poorly optimized, so it does not use more than 25% of the GPU (only on ultra but no one uses it).

At 720p 30fps 3500 bitreta, but gets less quality.
the image gets blurred only when I move the camera, tera is a game with MANY! movements and many people, things happening at the same time, then it is fundamental 60 FPs so that the image seems more fluid.

I have not seen this problem in many other games so far.

I put a resolution of 1536x864 and I'm better, there are still blurs on the screen, but less than before, but still not perfect.

is there any more hardcore setting to do to improve the image?

BK-Morpheus

[...]
the image gets blurred only when I move the camera, tera is a game with MANY! movements and many people, things happening at the same time, then it is fundamental 60 FPs so that the image seems more fluid.
[...]
Then it is not fundamental to use 60fps for viewers, that can't feel any input lag, but it's fundemental to increase bitrate and decrase framerate for less pixelation/blur.

I would try 720 or 960p 30fps with 6000kbit/s bitrate or more for such bit-hungry content.

Duss

Then it is not fundamental to use 60fps for viewers, that can't feel any input lag, but it's fundemental to increase bitrate and decrase framerate for less pixelation/blur.

I would try 720 or 960p 30fps with 6000kbit/s bitrate or more for such bit-hungry content.

I tried it, with 900p 60 4500 ~~ 6000 the quality improved (not 100% but improved), but I would like to do it in 720p