BeepBooBooBop

Here is the link to my log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/yqD6EjDEplAUt0OM

I was recording about 2 hours of content (from 9pm to about 11pm) in .mkv format. I paused and unpaused twice during this and everything looked like it was recording fine, red dot and all. Once I finally hit stop around 11pm, OBS got stuck saying "stopping recording...". I waited for a while and nothing had changed, so I disconnected my HDMI cord and external mic and let it sit for about an hour and a half to still no avail. I noticed that the recording timer was still going up even though the recording was paused and supposedly stopping (now at 3 and a half hours or so). When I tried to just close the program (it was midnight, I was tired) it got stuck in the tray, and I then stubbornly opened a new instance to close it out for good, and now my should-be 2 hour long video is only 21 minutes long. It ended at the second pause that I resumed later, so the footage from after that pause is just gone. Is there any way at all for me to somehow get that footage back? It was pretty emotional and I hate to lose it. If not, is there anything I can do in the future to prevent this from happening again? I won't use the pause feature anymore - I've learned that can be risky....

Thank you so much for your help, I appreciate your time!

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer

BeepBooBooBop

What were you doing in between the pauses? It looks like all your audio devices were also disappearing which isn't something you want to happen mid-recording. Unfortunately the recording that wasn't saved is lost. You may be having issues caused by OBS running on the AMD GPU and trying to use NVENC, see https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/laptop-black-screen-when-capturing-read-here-first.5965/ to configure OBS to run on the Nvidia GPU.
Thank you so much, I really appreciate your help. I went ahead and configured it as you suggested. I think what had happened during that pause was that my HDMI cable was disconnected and reconnected, as I was using a laptop plugged into a TV to mirror the display. I'll definitely make sure that doesn't happen again!