Question / Help OBS wont pick up one specific game. Help!

Zomanie

Hello. So, I've been using OBS for about a week now and have good luck with it. Yesterday there was an update and even since than my Game Capture will not pick up the game Paladins from Steam. It picks up other games from Steam and off it, but for some reason now just Paladins wont show up? I can't capture with specific window or full screen either. It's that dreaded black screen we all know and love. I didn't change any settings around, all that happened was OBS updated.

Here is my OBS log as of now:

I've ran as Admin for both programs, I've deleted and re added the scene, checked for steam updates and a couple other little things I've found online but with no luck.

Im using an Alienware 17 R4 laptop
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ
CPU @ 2.60GHz

Im using a duel monitor set up. The monitor to my right has OBS and web pages open, and my laptop in front of me is what I game off of. Like I said everything was fine until the update yesterday and now I'm lost on what to do.

Thank you for your time!

z0rn

Same issue here. Since obs update 25.* i just can stream paladins via screenrecording. Gamecapture won't work anymore.

Kylix

Same exact problem. Paladins won't capture at all for me anymore since 25.0 update. It worked perfectly fine before and other games are still capturing fine for me (like Overwatch). Just Paladins is broken. Hopefully they fix this because I play this game with my community a lot.

FerretBomb

Chances are good this is due to the Paladins devs needing to update their anticheat with the signature of the new Game Capture in OBS 25; it was changed to include Vulkan capture capability, and anticheats need to be updated to allow it through.

Kylix

Update: The game had an update in Steam (small, around 25Mb) and now it's capturing for me in OBS 25.0.4, so I think it was definitely on their end and now it's fixed!