Question / Help OBS + Webcam Input Issues.

CizreK

I recently got a new GPU. So I upgraded. The card is BETTER than the last one.
I think this has something to do with my issue because my set up use to work with no problems.
I use Webcams for my main source and now when I load up OBS the Webcams feeds are glitchy/tearing/freezing. They are unusable now.
It is when I switch the format to MPEG that these issues occur. I could use ANY but its laggy and blurry. I need crisp input for what I do.
I've tried configuring all the options in different ways. Nothing seems to work.
Can someone help out with this. This is the webcams I am using = https://www.amazon.com/Genius-120-d...=1539727342&sr=8-5&keywords=webcam+wide+angle
---
To clarify. Changing the Frame Rate or Resolution does nothing. The option I would need 1080p is not in the drop down menu. The camera seems to work on the LOWEST resolution but it looks like garbage from a 90s cell phone. I read somewhere that changes in the bios could help but they did not put any details on making that work in the post.

carlmmii

GPU would have no effect on what is happening to you.

Did you change ports where the webcam is connected to? Did you change any cabling? Have you tried different ports?

Also, btw... he's talking about MJPEG for the webcam format, not encoder settings.

CizreK

I have tried different ports yes. I have a main one that I use specifically for the main webcam. I'll keep trying, I have alot of USB ports.
Yea the webcam format my only option for good video is Mpeg.

CizreK

So I tried alot of my ports in the back and one seems to work. When I put it thru a usb extension it slightly does the tearing. What causes this? Is there a way to make all my ports work again because before they all worked?

carlmmii

Did you change around any other usb devices connected? Have you tried reinstalling your usb drivers?

Also... this has now gone beyond the scope of OBS entirely.

CizreK

Well sure you can say that but OBS is the only program that tears/glitches. Other webcam supported programs would work fine. OBS seems to glitch on certain sources.

CizreK

The thing is. It's still OBS. Each port has a lil dif issue. The one that is ok has lag and trails a little. The usb3.0 port has minimal tearing.