OBS Video Stuttering and Low CPU Usage

BicBoy

Specs:
r7 2700x stock clock speeds & Wraith RGB cooler
gtx 1080 ftw2 w/ a slight overclock (+300mhz memory, +90mhz gpu, 120% power)
2x16gb g.skill trident z @ 2133mhz (haven't gotten around to adjusting it)
Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming Mobo
256gb M.2 NVME SSD
2TB 7200 rpm HDD (being recorded to)
1000w PSU (don't know the brand, PC was originally prebuilt but I upgraded everything but case and PSU)
InWin 101 Case
Recent Userbenchmark test: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31168253

I have no clue why, but recently when I record I've gotten basically unusable footage.
I checked in my task manager, and OBS is using almost no CPU at all. I've tried starting it as administrator and increasing its priority in task manager, but neither of those fixed the problem. I'm recording off of a 1440p 165hz monitor, the video is being outputted at 2560x1440 @ 60fps, and this setup was working fine for the longest time. I'm not really sure what could've caused this problem, but it's really annoying. I've also tried setting my output folder on my SSD, but the same problems persisted. Anyone know what I can do to fix the problem? The only recent thing that I think would've effected my OBS is me defragging my HDD, but I tried recording to my SSD and had the same stuttery footage, so that probably isn't it. I have windows game mode off and the power setting set to best performance.

My main monitor is 1440p165hz 32", secondary is 1080p60hz 27"

For reference, I'm recording a replay from osu, and I've tried swapping around a ton of settings in that with no luck. I've tried recording with both display capture and game capture, and they produce the same results. Lowering the output resolution slightly fixes the problem, but it still persists even at 720p60fps, and ideally I'd want to record at 1440p60fps like I was doing before. Other than that, nothing has changed, OBS just randomly decided to not record properly anymore.

Log File: https://obsproject.com/logs/AakwyZkk1nyMlCND

qhobbes

1. The version of Windows you are running has a limitation which causes performance issues in hardware accelerated applications (such as games) if multiple monitors with different refresh rates are present. Your system's monitors have 2 different refresh rates, so you are affected by this limitation.

To fix this issue, we recommend updating to the Windows 10 May 2020 Update. Follow these instructions if you're not sure how to update.
2. In Windows 10 versions 1809 and newer, we recommend that "Game Mode" be enabled for maximum gaming performance. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows 10 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode
3. Record to FLV or MKV. If you record to MP4 or MOV and the recording is interrupted, the file will be corrupted and unrecoverable.

If you require MP4 files for some other purpose like editing, remux them afterwards by selecting File > Remux Recordings in the main OBS Studio window or enable auto remux in advanced settings.
4. If you plan on uploading these recordings, please be aware that having the YUV Color range set to "Full" will cause playback issues in certain browsers and on various video platforms. Shadows, highlights and color will look off. In OBS, go to "Settings -> Advanced" and set "YUV Color Range" back to "Partial".
5. Multiple Game Capture sources are usually not needed, and can sometimes interfere with each other. You can use the same Game Capture for all your games! If you change games often, try out the hotkey mode, which lets you press a key to select your active game. If you play games in fullscreen, use 'Capture any fullscreen application' mode.

BicBoy

1. The version of Windows you are running has a limitation which causes performance issues in hardware accelerated applications (such as games) if multiple monitors with different refresh rates are present. Your system's monitors have 2 different refresh rates, so you are affected by this limitation.

To fix this issue, we recommend updating to the Windows 10 May 2020 Update. Follow these instructions if you're not sure how to update.
2. In Windows 10 versions 1809 and newer, we recommend that "Game Mode" be enabled for maximum gaming performance. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows 10 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode
3. Record to FLV or MKV. If you record to MP4 or MOV and the recording is interrupted, the file will be corrupted and unrecoverable.

If you require MP4 files for some other purpose like editing, remux them afterwards by selecting File > Remux Recordings in the main OBS Studio window or enable auto remux in advanced settings.
4. If you plan on uploading these recordings, please be aware that having the YUV Color range set to "Full" will cause playback issues in certain browsers and on various video platforms. Shadows, highlights and color will look off. In OBS, go to "Settings -> Advanced" and set "YUV Color Range" back to "Partial".
5. Multiple Game Capture sources are usually not needed, and can sometimes interfere with each other. You can use the same Game Capture for all your games! If you change games often, try out the hotkey mode, which lets you press a key to select your active game. If you play games in fullscreen, use 'Capture any fullscreen application' mode.
Thanks for the reply! Actually, now that you mention it, I did have a recent windows update (like 2 days ago) which was probably the cause. All the other settings which are iffy like the color range and game mode were changed to try and alleviate the problem. Other than that, I'll just try updating windows again and see if everything goes back to normal.