Bug Report OBS Video lagging for no reason! [NEED URGENT HELP]

Jenkz

So around like 2 months ago, I could record in 1920x1080 60 FPS without any problem, I went to a vacation and when I returned home I opened up my OBS and it said there was a newer version available, I downloaded the latest version and I started recording some games (Roblox, Fortnite etc.) While I was recording I didn't lag at all but when I went to watch the video I had just recorded, the video was lagging, literally 1 frame per 5 seconds, I never had such a problem with OBS, I always recorded on 1920x1080 60 FPS and I had no problems yet now I still don't lag while recording but when I watch the recorded video it lags sooo much. Bandicam records without a problem on the same settings but OBS seems to be lagging. Please help me resolve this problem OBS is lagging for absolutely no reason, I solely downloaded Bandicam to check if it's gonna lag and it didn't, however OBS still does. (Also I tried the older version but it still didn't work, I even tried OBS Classic and it had the same problem)

If you need my PC specs I will post them.

Thank you!

Log File: https://gist.github.com/5ad0de5d5dc2cff3e40e4e09f54efdef

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
Hi! Thanks for posting a log to go with your support request.

Looking at the log itself, it seems you fetched the Last Log while running v21, which gave us the v20 log.

According to the log itself, this line stands out to me:

Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 423/865 (48.9%)

This usually means your CPU can't keep up. I recommend loading up Task Manager while using OBS and playing your game to see if that is true. In this situation, you can go into Settings -> Advanced in OBS and raise the CPU priority a little (if it's Normal, raise it by one to Above Normal), which will take slightly away from the game. You can also try lowering your game's settings to compensate. Also close any applications you do not need while streaming/recording, like Google Chrome, as they tend to use a fair bit of resources even when minimized.

If you still have issues with all of these adjustments, please post a link to a clean log file of v21 attempting the recording.

To make a clean log file, first restart OBS, then start your stream/recording for ~30 seconds and stop it again. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc. When you're done select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Copy the URL and paste it here.

Derpyfacegaming

Hi, I possibly have a fix for this. The same thing happened to me, the new OBS messed up my videos. If you search "Older OBS" on Google and download an older version (I got 20.1.3) it should work.

I had a problem similar to that but it was just because the footage wasn't being played back right so it looked laggy. Try Windows Media Player instead of the Windows 10 Movies & TV and see how that looks.

FlameBand

I recomend if you are recording make sure that it isnt on flv, as i changed that it fixed my problems of it being laggy.