Resource icon

OBS Studio mouse cursor skin 2.4.2

Rediflow

is there a way to Start / Stop the script with a Hotkey? If needed temporally during a Live-Session, to go to the OBS Menue → scripts → obs cursor skin → [Start] / [Stop] Button is very inefficent. With a Hotkey, it could be controlled with Touch Portal or Stream Decks (make cursor visible + activate script)... Maybe give an option in the menu to create a custom Hotkey, so that it would be possible to run multiple instances with different cursor styles (Chose one at will)

upgradeQ

is there a way to Start / Stop the script with a Hotkey? If needed temporally during a Live-Session, to go to the OBS Menue → scripts → obs cursor skin → [Start] / [Stop] Button is very inefficent. With a Hotkey, it could be controlled with Touch Portal or Stream Decks (make cursor visible + activate script)... Maybe give an option in the menu to create a custom Hotkey, so that it would be possible to run multiple instances with different cursor styles (Chose one at will)
There are no hotkey bindings for script provided, but you can create and set group as cursor, disable all other "cursors" in that group & select cursor you need. What is your typical live session activation point for cursor, because it can track mouse trasnparently with very low CPU usage, if say you activate it after 5-15 minutes.

The on/off hotkey can be added, but you should clarify your second suggestion, I don't quite understand what you mean by "multiple instances with different cursor styles".

Rediflow

What is your typical live session activation point for cursor, because it can track mouse trasnparently with very low CPU usage, if say you activate it after 5-15 minutes.

I use OBS for Business meetings and online Presentations.
In Most cases the Picture / Screen shown speaks for them self, but every other meeting, you need a cursor to point at the fings you like to lay attention on.

The on/off hotkey can be added, but you should clarify your second suggestion, I don't quite understand what you mean by "multiple instances with different cursor styles".
I have different cursor styles for different purposes. I have an arrow to point at specific places, I have the often seen filled, semi-transparent circle to point attention to a general area and I have Circle outline, to circle e.g. a special area at my USB Microscope without concerning visibility through semi transparent overlays by the a cursor.

The "multiple instances" would mean to Import the script multiple times (e.g. with slightly different names - already did that for a different script) and have that customizable on/off hotkey to choose and activate the cursor needed for the occasion

upgradeQ

The "multiple instances" would mean to Import the script multiple times (e.g. with slightly different names - already did that for a different script) and have that customizable on/off hotkey to choose and activate the cursor needed for the occasion
The on/off hotkey has been added. You should try out the "multiple instances" scenario with it and report any bugs you find if there are any.

Rediflow

The on/off hotkey has been added. You should try out the "multiple instances" scenario with it and report any bugs you find if there are any.
The Hotkeys are working. Also the Multiple instances. I have to take care witch one is which, als all Hotkeys have the same Name from your, given by your script. For multiple instances I have to rename the .py file maybe the hotkey name could include that that filename?

An now I struggle with my Touch Portal Realisation to make it happen as 4way button (*click* no cursor - *click* Cursor skin 1 - *click* cursor skin 2 - *click* cursor skin 3 - *click* no cursor...) - but those struggles have nothing to do with your script :-)

Rediflow

The Hotkeys are working. Also the Multiple instances. I have to take care witch one is which, als all Hotkeys have the same Name from your, given by your script. For multiple instances I have to rename the .py file maybe the hotkey name could include that that filename?

An now I struggle with my Touch Portal Realisation to make it happen as 4way button (*click* no cursor - *click* Cursor skin 1 - *click* cursor skin 2 - *click* cursor skin 3 - *click* no cursor...) - but those struggles have nothing to do with your script :-)
Just found another "nice to have"
I've made my Pointers as an extra Scene and tried to implement this scene as "nested" scene into any scene that will need mouse cursor skins, as I only know how make elemtents visible / invisble in Touch Portal with reference to the scene for those elements...
your script does seem to not work "global", but just for the scene those elements are in and only if that scene is active. If I use the nested scene as described above, the cursors won't move, as long as I am not in my "NS-Pointer" Scene, that contains the cursor skins.

I can go around that restriction by adding those skins to every scene an define the hide / visible state for the skins for every scene - a lot of work but it will be worth it, as I don't know if you can fix that issue. (Fortunately, I use "just" 9 Scenes, with 8 of them in need for the cursor skins *fg*)

upgradeQ

There is a line which is responsible for hotkey names:
You could repropgram the script and change this line to something like this
Python:
print(f"my name is{__file__[-8:-3]} ")
or just write custom name for each one of instances you have. The code above will show the last 4 characters of the absolute path without the extension. Support for multiple instances is under consideration and may be implemented later.
Just found another "nice to have"
I've made my Pointers as an extra Scene and tried to implement this scene as "nested" scene into any scene that will need mouse cursor skins, as I only know how make elemtents visible / invisble in Touch Portal with reference to the scene for those elements...
your script does seem to not work "global", but just for the scene those elements are in and only if that scene is active. If I use the nested scene as described above, the cursors won't move, as long as I am not in my "NS-Pointer" Scene, that contains the cursor skins.
There was support for a similar feature ( Spotlight ) I did this via nested scenes and blending via chromakey. The script is now updated to version 2.3.0 and you can use nested scenes.

Rediflow

There was support for a similar feature ( Spotlight ) I did this via nested scenes and blending via chromakey. The script is now updated to version 2.3.0 and you can use nested scenes.
You are awesome, man :-)
Works perfectly fine with the multiple instances and the nested scenes...

upgradeQ

upgradeQ updated OBS Studio mouse cursor skin with a new update entry:

Add xmas edition of trail shader

Changes in 2.4.2 version :
- Add trail shader to releases.
- Add xmas edition of trail shader. Warning, computationally expensive, takes 20-30% of GPU 3D load on my machine, disable preview to avoid rendering twice.
Comes without a properties window, make changes in either the .lua or .hlsl file, then reload the script for your changes to take effect.

Read the rest of this update entry...