Resource icon

obs-midi-mg 3.0.3

rwilliam99

I have installed this plugin to replace my use of Bome MIDI Translator - trying to simplify my setup. Anyway, I really like the setup of it, and that it is integrated with OBS. The problem is that it seems as though since I've started using this, OBS has become unstable. Seemingly randomly while recording, OBS will become unresponsive and I have to kill it and restart it. It seems to happen during screen transitions.

I've uploaded my files to OBS for analysis and that has yielded no clues. Are there any other debugging steps I can take to try and figure out what is causing OBS to freeze up? I think my next attempt will be to uninstall obs-midi-mg and see if the next session goes without issue, unless someone can recommend a better path forward. I can't keep having it freeze up in the middle of a service.

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas you can provide.

nhielost

nhielost updated obs-midi-mg with a new update entry:

obs-midi-mg v3.0.3

obs-midi-mg v3.0.3 is now available.​

This is a bugfix release.

Bug Fixes:​

• Implemented pipewire support for Linux (needs further testing)
  • Reimplemented custom source settings execution and events
  • Fixed crash when loading UI too early
  • Removed unnecessary logging during initialization
  • Removed gap between channel and value sections of Program Change and Pitch Bend messages

Enjoy this new update! As always, I will...​

Read the rest of this update entry...

rwilliam99

I have installed this plugin to replace my use of Bome MIDI Translator - trying to simplify my setup. Anyway, I really like the setup of it, and that it is integrated with OBS. The problem is that it seems as though since I've started using this, OBS has become unstable. Seemingly randomly while recording, OBS will become unresponsive and I have to kill it and restart it. It seems to happen during screen transitions.

I've uploaded my files to OBS for analysis and that has yielded no clues. Are there any other debugging steps I can take to try and figure out what is causing OBS to freeze up? I think my next attempt will be to uninstall obs-midi-mg and see if the next session goes without issue, unless someone can recommend a better path forward. I can't keep having it freeze up in the middle of a service.

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas you can provide.
Replying to my prior post - wondering if I might have found the culprit - I noticed that the last two weeks (when this happened) - I found that the slides that trigger this event accidentally had two events fire - pretty much at the same time with the same signal. Could this have caused OBS Midi MG to cause OBS to become unresponsive? It seems awfully suspicious to me. I made the change to how the signals were sent on the first day this happened, and both times it happened it was when this "double event" happened.

I can provide additional details if needed to help confirm this was the issue.

rwilliam99

Replying to my prior post - wondering if I might have found the culprit - I noticed that the last two weeks (when this happened) - I found that the slides that trigger this event accidentally had two events fire - pretty much at the same time with the same signal. Could this have caused OBS Midi MG to cause OBS to become unresponsive? It seems awfully suspicious to me. I made the change to how the signals were sent on the first day this happened, and both times it happened it was when this "double event" happened.

I can provide additional details if needed to help confirm this was the issue.
FYI, I used the "Report a bug" feature in the Setup Menu to provide more details.