OBS dropping frames every 10-20 seconds on an EXTREMELY high-end PC

ikthareone

Greetings,

As mentioned in the title I built a very strong PC to be able to handle 2k recordings while also gaming (on max settings)
My current specs are:
- Ryzen 9 5950x
- 64 Gigs of 3000 mhz RAM
- RTX 3090
- Samsung 980 Pro SSD 1TB (1 to run windows, 1 to run the games)
- 4TB HDD for recordings

My temps are very cool and cpu/gpu usage does not reach above 70% (hardly 80%) every time I record + play at the same time

I've been trying to find a solution for weeks, I tried absolutely everything and anything I could find on this forum or YouTube/Reddit posts. My recordings are dropping frames slightly every 10-20 seconds, I'm uploading a log, I would really appreciate some help, I paid nearly 10.000 for this PC and having frame drops every 20 seconds is really annoying.

Uploading Log during it being very large

Attachments

• 2022-09-09 09-19-10.txt
    19.2 KB · Views: 36

PaiSand

Please update to version 28.0.1 and test again.
Also, don't use CBR for recording. Instead use CQP.
Unless you're using several audio channels for editing later, just use simple mode and select one of the presets thata ccomodate better for what you aim to. The best way is to run the Auto-configuration Wizard (tools menu) and apply the settings it gives.

ikthareone

Please update to version 28.0.1 and test again.
Also, don't use CBR for recording. Instead use CQP.
Unless you're using several audio channels for editing later, just use simple mode and select one of the presets thata ccomodate better for what you aim to. The best way is to run the Auto-configuration Wizard (tools menu) and apply the settings it gives.
I just tried it, same exact thing. Still dropping frames

New log:

Attachments

• 2022-09-09 10-08-31.txt
    19.8 KB · Views: 27

PaiSand

You still need to fix a thing in Windows:

Also, it's adviced to use CQP instead of CBR. Please do so.

qhobbes

1. Change refresh rate to 120 Hz and cap your games at 120 FPS.
2. Don't use Display Capture.
3. Use Quality instead of Max Quality and disable psycho visual tuning or whatever it's called.

ikthareone

You still need to fix a thing in Windows:

Also, it's adviced to use CQP instead of CBR. Please do so.
1. Change refresh rate to 120 Hz and cap your games at 120 FPS.
2. Don't use Display Capture.
3. Use Quality instead of Max Quality and disable psycho visual tuning or whatever it's called.
Updated log file with the following changes:

- Fixed max audio buffering
- Turned off hardware accelerated GPU scheduler
- FPS capped game + screen refresh rate to 60
- Used CQP instead of CBR
- Used Quality instead of Max Quality

Issue still occurs like before.

Attachments

• 2022-09-09 11-39-54.txt
    15.1 KB · Views: 31

ikthareone

Update:

tried re-installing OBS, tried tweaking any settings I could think of, tried installing to different SSD/HDD, tried M.2, tried disconnecting all monitors, tried putting refresh rates on all 60 hz.

Nothing is working, OBS still drops frames for a few seconds every 20 seconds.

Is my only solution a secondary pc?

rockbottom

Per the log, there's no lagged frames.

Also (2) monitors were set @ 144FPS. All (3) should be set @ 60FPS when testing. If you still see stuttering/tearing, try turning v-sync on. I use Fast when I need it on, 12900k/3090.

ikthareone

Per the log, there's no lagged frames.

Also (2) monitors were set @ 144FPS. All (3) should be set @ 60FPS when testing. If you still see stuttering/tearing, try turning v-sync on. I use Fast when I need it on, 12900k/3090.
Could it be that when the game launches and I set it to 60fps (vsync on) the other 2 monitors automatically set themselves to 144hz?

Also what you mean by Fast?