Question / Help OBS doubles dekstop audio

Acid-GK

Ok so i've used OBS for quite some time I love it. However I just got a new PC and i'm having some trouble as to recording audio. I've never had this issue before and haven't found anything online so hopefully someone can fix this.

My desktop audio has two tracks in one. All my output sources are disabled except my headphones. Im sorry for my terrible explanation I just honestly haven't had this issue before so I don't know how to explain it the picture works wonders.

Edit: New video showing footsteps and other sounds echo

https://streamable.com/c03lo

Attachments

• OBS1.png
    OBS1.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Harold

There is no issue shown in that screenshot.
You have one device for desktop audio that has a left and right channel
And one device for mic/aux that has a left and right channel.

Acid-GK

There is no issue shown in that screenshot.
You have one device for desktop audio that has a left and right channel
And one device for mic/aux that has a left and right channel.

Yea I should have sent the image with audio being played as its panning it even though I have no panning settings moved images attached.

Attachments

• OBS2.png
    OBS2.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 30
  • obs 3.png
    obs 3.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 30

Harold

Still nothing wrong with one side being louder than the other when you're hearing stuff louder on one side than the other.

Acid-GK

Still nothing wrong with one side being louder than the other when you're hearing stuff louder on one side than the other.

Problem is its not creating that effect. It's making the sound echo. Here I'll make a quick video to show you.

Acid-GK

Alright so i was going to make a video with footsteps in Rainbow Six Siege so you could hear how that echos its much clearer but i had some issued with my video editor, tried it with music in the main menu from another game that didn't work so just hopefully you can listen to the clicking noise from the main menu of Post Scriptum.

https://streamable.com/uhkjq