SqueegeeMcGee

I've got a rather bizarre problem with OBS Studio 64-bit Windows, where it is failing to detect any sort of audio coming from my headset. I've checked the properties for the audio channel, as well as the advanced audio properties. I'm currently running version 25.0.1.
Pay special attention to the fact that my Desktop Audio is entirely lacking the Input Data box. I have tried all the fixes found online, including resetting my default audio output device, adjusting my settings, changing the tracks being recorded, making sure OBS wasn't muted in my sound settings, changing the monitor settings for the desktop audio track, and the list goes on. I've attached screenshots of all the audio settings I've attempted to mess with, and here's a log file (https://obsproject.com/logs/NxUZMg-nYKNZlrxY), though I'm not sure it will be of any use - I'm not sure if this "error" would show up there or not.
OBS Studio doesn't seem to be detecting any sort of audio output whatsoever - it's not just that the audio is muted, the lack of Input Data boxes seems to suggest that my output isn't being detected at all. Everything else suggests that my audio is working fine, and I'm not having audio problems with any other apps - just OBS right now. Let me know if there's any more information needed or if I'm just stupid and missing a very obvious fix.

Attachments

• obsAudio1.png
    obsAudio1.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 97
  • obsAudio2.png
    obsAudio2.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 109
  • obsAudio3.png
    obsAudio3.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 109
  • obsAudio4.png
    obsAudio4.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 104
  • obsAudio5.png
    obsAudio5.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 95
  • obsAudio6.png
    obsAudio6.png
    42 KB · Views: 91

SqueegeeMcGee

SOLUTION FOUND ! ! !
This is a rather ass backwards solution to the problem, and this may or may not work for anyone who stumbles upon this thread in the future, but the solution listed in post #2 of this thread ended up solving my problem.
I have a Corsair VIRTUOSO headset, as seen in my audio settings. This is apparently a known problem that happens with certain 7.1 Surround Sound headsets. The OBS discord helped me locate this thread.

Summary of the solution listed in the link : Simply go into your Windows Sound Settings, and enable/disable Windows Sonic for Headphones. Mine was already disabled, so I enabled it and applied the change. Then, enter your settings once again and turn it back on/off again - in my case, I turned it back off. This, for whatever reason, reset my audio and OBS began detecting the Desktop Audio source once again.

Attachments

• obsAudioFix1.png
    obsAudioFix1.png
    129 KB · Views: 220
  • obsAudioFix2.png
    obsAudioFix2.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 220

LiquidSprocket

I've been trying any and all kinds of solutions and I hadn't thought of doing this! Thank you so much, you've saved me hours of headaches!

Esco Moz

Wow this actually fixed it for me too. OBS equalizers in my Audio Mixer window were not showing any audio detection. I had to google Windows Sonic and google showed it as 'spatial sound'. I enabled and disabled this and audio detection started working in OBS Audio Mixer. Thanks so much man. The only fix I could find and I've been looking..