MusicBuddy [Supports Spotify, YouTube and more!]

Free MusicBuddy [Supports Spotify, YouTube and more!] 1.3.0.186

l3l2ad

Greetings! There's a number that displays before the song title, is there a way to remove or modify the output to the txt file?

FrostyHoneyJuice

Hello,

I really love seeing this cool lookin' tool being a real thing and I see a lot of potential since it supports music provider from YouTube.

I personally really wanted to find this kind of tool like a looooong time ago. And I haven't found any whatsoever before I found yours. Before I found it, I had to download every single track from YouTube, so the other tool that I used could actually work. And to be very honest with you, it was so time consuming and very tedious. Even up to this day, I still have't downloaded everything that I wanted to. Still feeling quite concered how much space would it take on my hard drive.

And that is why I love your tool! It's great, but... not perfect!

Here are some things that I would absolutely love to see from it:
  • You see, when it comes to pausing music (at least from other tools that I have used in the past), I tend to expect the tool to clear its log/text file, because the music is stopped - there's nothing to play. Although this tool displays the current music track that you have played anyway despite it being played or not.
  • It would be really nice if MusicBuddy could be (automatically) minimized to tray. Streamers like me who love to create stuff - either it being design, music, coding (you name it) - tend to also run a lot of programs. Having a lot of programs in the taskbar is a mess. So having some programs that can be minimized to tray is great for organization.
  • It might not be necessary, but it might still be a nice bonus for majority of streamers. In some tools, I have seen that you can set your own custom output format for the log/text file. Currently the only way the tool outputs the music is by simply, you know, outputing only artist's name and his/her music's name. However, some streamers like me would really love to have a custom output. A custom output could look like this:
    • "♪ artistname - musicname ♪"
    • "Currently playing: artistname - musicname"
    • etc. (basically any custom output that a user can set by himself/herself)
That's it for now! Once again, thank you so much for making this tool!
I look foward to MusicBuddy and I really hope that it's going to be more used by the majority of the streaming community.

Take care~❥

Koffeth

Hello,

I really love seeing this cool lookin' tool being a real thing and I see a lot of potential since it supports music provider from YouTube.

I personally really wanted to find this kind of tool like a looooong time ago. And I haven't found any whatsoever before I found yours. Before I found it, I had to download every single track from YouTube, so the other tool that I used could actually work. And to be very honest with you, it was so time consuming and very tedious. Even up to this day, I still have't downloaded everything that I wanted to. Still feeling quite concered how much space would it take on my hard drive.

And that is why I love your tool! It's great, but... not perfect!

Here are some things that I would absolutely love to see from it:
  • You see, when it comes to pausing music (at least from other tools that I have used in the past), I tend to expect the tool to clear its log/text file, because the music is stopped - there's nothing to play. Although this tool displays the current music track that you have played anyway despite it being played or not.
  • It would be really nice if MusicBuddy could be (automatically) minimized to tray. Streamers like me who love to create stuff - either it being design, music, coding (you name it) - tend to also run a lot of programs. Having a lot of programs in the taskbar is a mess. So having some programs that can be minimized to tray is great for organization.
  • It might not be necessary, but it might still be a nice bonus for majority of streamers. In some tools, I have seen that you can set your own custom output format for the log/text file. Currently the only way the tool outputs the music is by simply, you know, outputing only artist's name and his/her music's name. However, some streamers like me would really love to have a custom output. A custom output could look like this:
    • "♪ artistname - musicname ♪"
    • "Currently playing: artistname - musicname"
    • etc. (basically any custom output that a user can set by himself/herself)
That's it for now! Once again, thank you so much for making this tool!
I look foward to MusicBuddy and I really hope that it's going to be more used by the majority of the streaming community.

Take care~❥

Hi, great that you're enjoying this program! Here's some answers:
  • Going to look into this in the future!
  • This is already available in the next version, which is planned to be release within this week. If my testing goes as planned.
  • This is planned for the future!
I'm currently re-coding a lot of MusicBuddys code, due to make it easier for me to add features. Which is currently a bit of a hassle because of the way I wrote the code.

Thanks for the feedback! Have nice day!

markaabo

Could you add so that it resets the albumart to something when not playing or a song has no albumart, also the text it outputs so it doesn't make it seem like its stuck when no music is playing or the text doesn't match albumart because non is available

Maybe make it so you can chose to have it be transparent or you could select a pic to use, same for the not playing text

Edit, also maybe make it so you could have the artist display on the line under the track, or better make the output total customizeable and maybe have the artist output in a different file than the track

Last edited:

Koffeth

Could you add so that it resets the albumart to something when not playing or a song has no albumart, also the text it outputs so it doesn't make it seem like its stuck when no music is playing or the text doesn't match albumart because non is available

Maybe make it so you can chose to have it be transparent or you could select a pic to use, same for the not playing text

Edit, also maybe make it so you could have the artist display on the line under the track, or better make the output total customizeable and maybe have the artist output in a different file than the track
Looking into this. Huge update coming soon!

KaduMacedo

I would love to have the option to have saved musicname.txt and artistname.txt separately, this is possible? maybe in a future version

markaabo

@Koffeth any news on the update :-), the current version doesn't work for me, it stopped working some weeks ago

Edit1: After reinstalling Spotify, MusicBuddy and revoking access from Musicbuddy to spotify, it works

Last edited: