Resource icon

Multiple RTMP outputs plugin 2020-05-17

it's asking where, but when I tell it, it's saying I can't change that directory.
I'm in 30.1.1 64bit

Where exactly are you telling it to install the plugin? Most of the time, using a "normal" installation of OBS Studio, you shouldn't have to.

If you used a normal installation of OBS Studio, i.e. not from Steam, not from the Microsoft store, but straight-up from an installer, nominally, it should be "C:\Program Files\obs-studio". And if you do tell it, it has to be the base of your OBS Studio installation, not the plugin directory.

In other words, if you are asked to fill it out and it is not filled out and it is in the "nominal" (you did not tell OBS Studio's installer to install it anywhere else) install, it should be:

Code:
C:\Program Files\obs-studio

It should not be:

Code:
C:\Program Files\obs-studio\obs-plugins

Plus you may be specifying a directory that may not exist. When in doubt, use the "browse" button in the installer. This ensures that the installer can actually see the directory you're trying to install to.

--Katt. =^.^=

sorayuki

Where exactly are you telling it to install the plugin? Most of the time, using a "normal" installation of OBS Studio, you shouldn't have to.

If you used a normal installation of OBS Studio, i.e. not from Steam, not from the Microsoft store, but straight-up from an installer, nominally, it should be "C:\Program Files\obs-studio". And if you do tell it, it has to be the base of your OBS Studio installation, not the plugin directory.

In other words, if you are asked to fill it out and it is not filled out and it is in the "nominal" (you did not tell OBS Studio's installer to install it anywhere else) install, it should be:

Code:
C:\Program Files\obs-studio

It should not be:

Code:
C:\Program Files\obs-studio\obs-plugins

Plus you may be specifying a directory that may not exist. When in doubt, use the "browse" button in the installer. This ensures that the installer can actually see the directory you're trying to install to.

--Katt. =^.^=
The installer fixed the target location to C:\ProgramData\obs-studio, where OBS searches globally.
The reason is too many people asked how to install plugin and can't find the correct path.
For experienced user, there is also zip archive to setup manually.

EclipseAltruist

Why is it not streaming to twitch? (this is what i downloaded and this is what my obs looks like now) can anyone help me figure out why its not streaming to TWitch but it streams to youtube only!!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-06 191527.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-06 191527.png
    537.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot 2024-04-06 191752.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-06 191752.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 38
Why is it not streaming to twitch? (this is what i downloaded and this is what my obs looks like now) can anyone help me figure out why its not streaming to TWitch but it streams to youtube only!!

Are you only streaming to Twitch and YouTube? Did you set up the Settings/Stream setup as well, and if so, for which service?

Knowing this will help in diagnosing the issue.

For my part, I tried to set my Twitch+YouTube+VStream (the latter one when it was still around) in the plugin, telling it to inherit encoding settings from OBS Studio. I had to move one of them to the main setup so the Start Streaming button could work plus the setting in the plugin which told OBS Studio to tell the plugin to start all streams when the Start Streaming button was pressed.

--Katt. =^.^=

sorayuki

I received some feedback that the plugin won't work with OBS 30.1.1 but no problem with OBS 30.1.0.
I tested it and it works on my computer (win 11 x64, intel i9-13800hx, geforce rtx 4090 laptop) with OBS 30.1.2.
Did that happen on Linux or macOS?

sorayuki

Just a guess that the encoding settings (resolution, bitrate, etc.) exceed the limit of twitch, and its server refuse the streaming.

I received some feedback that the plugin won't work with OBS 30.1.1 but no problem with OBS 30.1.0.
I tested it and it works on my computer (win 11 x64, intel i9-13800hx, geforce rtx 4090 laptop) with OBS 30.1.2.
Did that happen on Linux or macOS?

I streamed a normal stream on Twitch and YouTube yesterday with plugin version 0.6.0.1 and OBS Studio 30.1.2, and it was solid as a rock (things were working perfectly).

However, one thing I did notice, but I don't know if it's Twitch or if it's the plugin, but I'm seeing Twitch saying that my stream was "unstable", but a review of the VOD after stream shows the stream is, as I said about my experience above, solid as a rock. The only issues I did see in the stream I can chalk up to internal stuff (I use four PCs to stream, but that's a different conversation for another thread).

--Katt. =^.^=

I'd like to make a feature request. It'd be convenient to have CallVendorRequest added in to this plugin so one could automate starting and stopping of streams via obs-websocket.

Seconded. It would be nice to be able to control the plugin directly via something like SAMMI or Advanced Scene Switcher or anything that speaks OBS WebSockets.

--Katt. =^.^=

jamesbondlq

I go this plugin works good only issue i'm having is to change the audio mixer to a different channel from get the info from OBS It's not letting me. how can i fix that

jeylex

Since yesterday I have had unstable bitrate only with the plugin, the bitrate cannot exceed 6k and gets close to 0 intermittently, the transmission freezes for a couple of seconds constantly. If I stream without using the plugin, the transmission goes perfectly

jeylex

Since yesterday I have had unstable bitrate only with the plugin, the bitrate cannot exceed 6k and gets close to 0 intermittently, the transmission freezes for a couple of seconds constantly. If I stream without using the plugin, the transmission goes perfectly

Attachments

• imagen_2024-04-26_002334602.png
    imagen_2024-04-26_002334602.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 6

RectaDSM

Friends, I really need some help. I am streaming to YouTube and Twitch using Multiple RTMP outputs plugin.
I start streaming on YouTube as usual, via “start streaming” button, then I start streaming on Twitch from plugin (by clicking on “start” after I start main stream).
The essence of the problem: I have 2 monitors. On the main one I have a game, on the other one - OBS with chats and stuff, all through dock panels. The game (this is how all games behave) runs fine, but when I press alt-tab and do something on the main monitor (where the game is) - everything starts to slow down and freeze, I can't press any button in the system tray or taskbar. When I run the stream through a single, main stream (only on youtube, without plugin) - everything goes fine, but with plugin - I can't press alt-tab to check something, I can't even press win button - everything starts to freeze terribly. It freezes only and exclusively when I do something on the main monitor.

Today, at some point, I needed to switch to Steam on the main monitor. Everything slowed down terribly, Steam, as well as all programs and the whole system in this situation, strongly freezes, and after some time, when I was able to return to the game - everything went well, but when I reviewed the VOD of the stream - the part that was after switching to Steam and back - terribly freezes, it felt in the video was 15 frames....
In general - why when you alt-tab, or click on wine, everything slows down so much on the main monitor? Only when using Multiple RTMP outputs plugin.
I'm capturing the game through Game Capture, all the OBS log analysis shows no problems.
4080 super, 7800x3d 32 ddr5, i really doubt that this is hardware issue.