Move

Move 3.0.1

EchoGalaxy

Working on a long drawn out macro in adv-ss, sometimes I catch errors and need to stop the macro, so I turn off adv-ss to break it and restart.

About 60% of the time, doing the above causes OBS to crash, recent log (says move was the issue?):

It happened like 4-5 times in a row last night, not sure if I happen to be shutting adv-ss off during a move, I dont see it
being possible to time the shutdown right on a move every time.

EchoGalaxy

Just realized thats an old report from around last time I posted, apologies... Its not logging a report now, but its likely adv-ss crashing, I just thought the log was pointing to move, I usually work on this late, so I blame lack of sleep for missing the log date. Sorry.

MikeDeM

I found a quirk where adding Two Move filters to a text object for animating the opacity in a scene was adding 2-3ms to my Frame Rendering time, and having this same effect done in 3 different scenes was causing my Render time to stick around 15-20ms causing lost frames sporadically.

Was a bit hell to nail down the issue to the Move Plugin, but I did eventually.
I figure I can reduce the total load by combining the Text sources into one and just changing the displayed text in the different scenes, but even with 1 source, 2-3ms of render feels expensive for a simple opacity shift, but let me know if I'm wrong thinking that.

Does this seem correct, or maybe there's a better way for going about this effect? Or maybe there's something else I'm missing.

Still very much appreciate the plugin and all the other work you do @Exeldro ! Thanks!

Exeldro

@MikeDeM the OBS text source has relative high rendering time on changes, that is not something the move plugin can change. Ways to make the OBS text source more efficient is using a smaller font, so don't take a 256 font and scale it down, but take a 16 font without scaling for example.

MikeDeM

@MikeDeM the OBS text source has relative high rendering time on changes, that is not something the move plugin can change. Ways to make the OBS text source more efficient is using a smaller font, so don't take a 256 font and scale it down, but take a 16 font without scaling for example.
Ah, copy! I'll try that. You called it perfect; the font I'm using is 275, so that could be a big factor and even just taking it down to 75 seems to make a significant difference. Thanks for the response!

n7Angel

For some reason when my sources move between scenes, they do it just fine, but they come in from a scene that didn't have them on before, they come in flickering. This didn't happen before and I'm on latest version to date. Happens on browsers, display captures, clones, everything.

iberratio

This is more of a combined issue for Move and Soure Copy. I use the Source Copy "add_scene" vendor request to add a scene with a bunch of Move Value filters.

It used to work just fine and I managed to track it down to Move update 3.0.0. Not happening with the versions before that.

Essentially I am only changing the y position of the filters for the sources. Every source (1-5) has each position value once (y835, 650, 465, 280, 95, 1080). What happens now is that it doesn't apply those settings correctly, I attached a few screenshot for that. So Source1 (Bar1) is supposed to have one filter for y835, one for y650 and so on. Same for all other sources.

Since 3.0.0 however source 1 gets y835 for all filters, source 2 gets y635 for all of theirs etc. pp. The effect is also attached as gifs, how it looks like before 3.0.0 and after.

Also: if I import the scene from its json-file, it appears to work just fine. All settings are correct there. So I checked the "get_current_scene" response and it lists the settings there correctly as well (that's what I use for the add_scene request). Not only the transform_text but also the actual pos y value. The gif is also attached since I can't post large excerpts here.

I also re-adjusted the settings, refreshed "Get Values" for every single filter, with no success.

If you need more info or a better overview, please let me know.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    138.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 2.png
    2.png
    144.4 KB · Views: 4
  • get_current_scene.gif
    get_current_scene.gif
    825.9 KB · Views: 4
  • before move 3.0.0.gif
    before move 3.0.0.gif
    734.8 KB · Views: 4
  • after move 3.0.0.gif
    after move 3.0.0.gif
    488.3 KB · Views: 4

Nong_Ing

For some reason the Move Value filter stops working when you close and start up OBS again
As in the filter isn't seen in the hotkey settings and manually triggering them in the filter settings doesn't work
You have to delete the old Move Value filters and make new ones every time you restart OBS
This is happening with 3.0.1
I went back to 2.9.7 because I used that version before where the problem didn't exist