Resource icon

motion-effect 1.2.0

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
Thanks, and it's possible to do alt-crop and it should be. But I just pause all my side project development because of personal healthy issue.
I think I will back to do this 2-3 months later .
Oh, no worries! Hope everything is alright, take as much time as you need!

Malic

Have not seen this pop up yet, but if you have a scene, duplicate it, and then go into filters and delete that motion, everything it was attached to becomes non selectable

Mrgregles

Hi,
Im new to Forums and OBS in general so apologises if this question is in the wrong place.

Im having issues installing the plugin to OBS.
I have downloaded the Motion-Effect.zip, extracted and placed in the obs-studio instal file (C:\Program Files\obs-studio) which is what the installation instructions say to do. However I am unable to get the Plugin to work.

Could I get some pointers on how to properly install the plugin as this would be incredible to use for my twitch stream!

catxfish

Have not seen this pop up yet, but if you have a scene, duplicate it, and then go into filters and delete that motion, everything it was attached to becomes non selectable
What is the non selectable meaning? Sorry I can't reproduce this error.

catxfish

Hi,
Im new to Forums and OBS in general so apologises if this question is in the wrong place.

Im having issues installing the plugin to OBS.
I have downloaded the Motion-Effect.zip, extracted and placed in the obs-studio instal file (C:\Program Files\obs-studio) which is what the installation instructions say to do. However I am unable to get the Plugin to work.

Could I get some pointers on how to properly install the plugin as this would be incredible to use for my twitch stream!
The basic principle to install plugin is very simple , put the plugin dll to obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit directory.
So check if the motion-filter.dll and motion-transition.dll exist in the directory .

Malic

What I mean is that if you have a scene, have the motions set, if you then delete the motions if puts the sources so far outside the scene window that I cannot grab them and/or they get compressed to a single pixel in size

msctv.pl

Hello,
I have tried to install this plug-in under linux for a long time according to the instructions, unfortunately I can not do it. I work on ubuntu. I want to install this filter into a running OBS program. Do I have this option? If so, how should it be done?
greetings
robert

sipureysafta

Hi, this is a great plugin!
i've been looking for something like this for a year, thank you so much.

-one thing that could be great is extending the possible duration time from 5s. I would like it to be extended even t0 30s because it could let me make beutiful stuff out there.

another idea-if you made such a big thing letting me change filter variations over time- I would love to see such filters for things like rotation or other filters. what you did is taking advanced features that you can see in advanced programs and let us use it with obs, and it's a big thing.

thanks a lot again! Ariel

FADDERALL

Great plugin so far. Like everyone else, I have been looking for this forever. Is it possible to animate rotation along with the path motion? It would be great to be able to adjust the rotation back and forth with the path to give the movement some life. Even if it just spins while moving (or staying still and spinning) it would still be useful. Maybe there is already a way to do this but I could not figure it out.

ThommiTechnik

Really cool and useful. Any chance, to bring it on Linux?

OK, found the source code - somtimes it's better to have a look before posting :D

Got it to compile and install. But when I try to add a filter to a scene, OBS is crashing. What am I missing? Doing wrong?

Error from strace: obs: symbol lookup error: /usr//lib/obs-plugins/motion-filter.so: undefined symbol: is_reverse

Cheers, Thomas

Last edited:

catxfish

OK, found the source code - somtimes it's better to have a look before posting :D

Got it to compile and install. But when I try to add a filter to a scene, OBS is crashing. What am I missing? Doing wrong?

Error from strace: obs: symbol lookup error: /usr//lib/obs-plugins/motion-filter.so: undefined symbol: is_reverse

Cheers, Thomas

The bug has been fixed , clone and build again should work.

catxfish

Great plugin so far. Like everyone else, I have been looking for this forever. Is it possible to animate rotation along with the path motion? It would be great to be able to adjust the rotation back and forth with the path to give the movement some life. Even if it just spins while moving (or staying still and spinning) it would still be useful. Maybe there is already a way to do this but I could not figure it out.

The transition will do the spin if you set the first scene item to 0 degree and the second to 360 degree, and I don't tend to add another feature to filter anymore, it's only on motion-transition.

jdudetv

Was just wondering if you could add rotation to motion-filter as the transition is really limited sometimes in implementing it and having 45+ scenes for rotations etc is cumbersome.

FerretBomb

Love this transition effect, when a Scene Collection is set up properly, it can add an incredible level of polish to a stream!

Is there any way that it could work with elements of Grouped sources? Say, a large cam source for viewer interaction in one scene, which is a Group member element in another scene (example: fullscreen camera<->camera frame+camera+drop shadow grouped)?

Also, sometimes a Source will act like it doesn't exist in a destination Scene, so will zoom-out of the start-scene and zoom-in on the destination scene. I have been unable to reproduce what causes it, but deleting the Source from one and re-adding it via Copy from the source scene will usually fix it for a while; unfortunately the same source will 'break' and start doing the zoom-out/in again some time later.

stalkie

I tried building for MacOS but am stuck with
[100%] Linking C shared module libmotion-filter.so
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
"_obs_frontend_add_event_callback", referenced from:
_register_trigger_event in motion-filter.c.o
"_obs_frontend_get_current_scene", referenced from:
_scene_change in motion-filter.c.o
"_obs_frontend_remove_event_callback", referenced from:
_unregister_trigger_event in motion-filter.c.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make[2]: *** [src/motion-filter/libmotion-filter.so] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/motion-filter/CMakeFiles/motion-filter.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Has anyone built for macos and succeeded?

jspittler

Hello. I just installed the plug-in, and it appears it will solve a big issue on on wish list. Thanks. I do have two ideas for things that would make it much more valuable to me. I am guessing they may be pretty simple to change...
  • Increase the time duration to allow much longer than 5 seconds. (Another poster also suggested this.) In my case, I plan to use this plug-in as part of an effort to simulate a large-screen TV/monitor lowering from the ceiling, and would want it to take much longer than 5 seconds to get from one position to the other.
  • Allow acceleration to apply to both the start of movement and the end of movement. (This would be for the same simulated monitor movement application.)
Thanks. I look forward to using your plug-in.

Judd

drronrosero

Awesome filter! One of my favorites!

Perhaps you can consider these suggestions:
1. negative values for size so that mirror images can be made of the footage or images as they move around. I can only do mirror images for static assets.
2. motion keyframing for more complex movements
3. z-axis movement

Thanks so much for this filter! We really appreciate your effort!