iOS Camera for OBS Studio

iOS Camera for OBS Studio v2.5.0

supergtutorials

I seem to be having the same issue as Davidson and Visionguild. Just to be sure, I have the following installed currently:

Newest version on iTunes (updated)
Current version of OBS 64x 24.0.1 Windows
Current iOS Camera Plugin for Windows
Three phones that I've tested with the OBS Camera App (iPhone 6, iPhone 8, iPod Touch)

If I follow wtsnz's directions, I end up getting snagged at step 3.2, and there is no iOS Camera in the sources drop down menu on OBS. I seem to have all the prerequisites to run this. The first time this happened I decided to uninstall OBS and the iOS Camera Plugin, and did fresh installations of each, but I didn't have any luck. I also made sure my iTunes account was authorized, although this didn't help.
(edit) Also installed a previous version of iOS Camera Plugin, but that didn't work.

So, first of all, for those of you who have had similar issues in the past, do you know of any fixes out there, not including using NewTek NDI? I'm not ruling NewTek out as an option, but I would like this to work with the cable method.

Anything else that I should be doing that I haven't already mentioned?

Any known programs that may be interfering with this plugin?

Hi!
I seem to be having the same issue as Davidson and Visionguild. Just to be sure, I have the following installed currently:

Newest version on iTunes (updated)
Current version of OBS 64x 24.0.1 Windows
Current iOS Camera Plugin for Windows
Three phones that I've tested with the OBS Camera App (iPhone 6, iPhone 8, iPod Touch)

If I follow wtsnz's directions, I end up getting snagged at step 3.2, and there is no iOS Camera in the sources drop down menu on OBS. I seem to have all the prerequisites to run this. The first time this happened I decided to uninstall OBS and the iOS Camera Plugin, and did fresh installations of each, but I didn't have any luck. I also made sure my iTunes account was authorized, although this didn't help.
(edit) Also installed a previous version of iOS Camera Plugin, but that didn't work.

So, first of all, for those of you who have had similar issues in the past, do you know of any fixes out there, not including using NewTek NDI? I'm not ruling NewTek out as an option, but I would like this to work with the cable method.

Anything else that I should be doing that I haven't already mentioned?

Any known programs that may be interfering with this plugin?

Hi!

I had the same problem, but I solved it by installing OBS version 23.1, and version 2.5.0 of the iOS Camera plugin.

iOS Camera Plugin 2.5.0 for Windows: https://github.com/wtsnz/obs-ios-ca...os-camera-source-v2.5.0-Windows-Installer.exe

iOS Camera Plugin 2.5.0 for Macintosh: https://github.com/wtsnz/obs-ios-ca...nload/v2.5.0/obs-ios-camera-source-v2.5.0.pkg

OBS Version 23.1 for Windows x64: https://github.com/obsproject/obs-s...23.1.0/OBS-Studio-23.1-Full-Installer-x64.exe

OBS Version 23.1 for Windows x32: https://github.com/obsproject/obs-s...23.1.0/OBS-Studio-23.1-Full-Installer-x86.exe

OBS Version 23.1 for Macintosh https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/releases/download/23.1.0/obs-mac-23.1-installer.pkg

Thanks, for the attention,
Good Luck.

andy tzeng

Do you meant that iOS show clear video and mirror to PC OBS?
APP: medialink live (free)
https://youtu.be/KIyvywRwsPw

hqdefault.jpg

Kevain

I’ve just downloaded the app and it works pretty good. I’m pretty sure that iPhones have the best cameras than any available webcams. I wonder will it be okay to use this app for videostreams for 2 hours and more? I have an iPhone XR and it gets a little bit warm after 15 min of using app

Dorotea

Hey,

I have been using this app and have had no issues on an iphone 7. I've upgraded to an iphone 11, and when I'm live streaming on youtube, using the same exact settings on the phone and in OBS, the audio is very choppy. The sound of the videos taken by iphone are OK, and the sound from the mic I use, is also fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

dungi

Would be cool to use external mic or AirPods as Mic. But year. Currently the audio is very bad. But I guess no one is working on this app anymore. Last Updates are some month away... Maybe make this open source and let us improve the app

Jimg3555

I've been using this app for a while now and it has been outstanding for me, never had an issue. However, in the last few days, it has suddenly and inexplicably stopped working. No matter what I do I can't get the camera to connect to OBS.
I've reinstalled OBS. I've reinstalled the plugin. I've reinstalled the camera app on my phone. I've installed an old version of OBS (23.1) and an old version of the Camera plugin (2.5.0). Nope. Still not connecting. I have iTunes installed and my USB lead is working, the phone is recognized in iTunes.
I use this plugin/app most weeks, so it's really frustrating.
Is anyone else having an issue? Will, if you see this, any ideas? Is this a known issue? Are there any tips or suggestions to troubleshoot?
- iOS camera v2.5.1
- OBS 24.0.3
- Windows 10 Home (1909)
- iOS 13.3 (iPhone 11 Pro Max)
Thanks in advance.

Jimg3555

I've been using this app for a while now and it has been outstanding for me, never had an issue. However, in the last few days, it has suddenly and inexplicably stopped working. No matter what I do I can't get the camera to connect to OBS.
I've reinstalled OBS. I've reinstalled the plugin. I've reinstalled the camera app on my phone. I've installed an old version of OBS (23.1) and an old version of the Camera plugin (2.5.0). Nope. Still not connecting. I have iTunes installed and my USB lead is working, the phone is recognized in iTunes.
I use this plugin/app most weeks, so it's really frustrating.
Is anyone else having an issue? Will, if you see this, any ideas? Is this a known issue? Are there any tips or suggestions to troubleshoot?
- iOS camera v2.5.1
- OBS 24.0.3
- Windows 10 Home (1909)
- iOS 13.3 (iPhone 11 Pro Max)
Thanks in advance.
Update.
I got this working. I have to have iTunes open in the background otherwise the camera goes off. Not ideal but it's a fix for now.
Perhaps somebody knows what's going on here?

Netfool

1) Has anyone noticed odd latency issues with this camera set-up? Not that it's out of sync with other cameras, but if I do a swipe from another source to the iOS Camera, the camera feed starts out black and then switches to the camera after a delay of as much as 600 milliseconds. (A 500 ms swipe will swipe to a completely blank frame before it cuts to the iOS camera image!)

2) I can't get iOS Camera audio to appear in the OBS Audio Mixer. Is there a trick I'm missing?

3) The iOS Camera image will sometimes freeze in the preview window. If I switch to the camera I get a live image. Interestingly the connection dialog on the camera says "USB Connected" when the camera is live, and "USB Waiting for connection" when swapped back to the preview window.

I'm running OBS Studio 24.0.6 on OS X 10.13.6 with the camera running on an iPhone X and v2.5.1 of the iOS Camera plug-in.

Netfool

There are a number of different things that appear to trigger the behavior I described yesterday in post #88, but I have what is a reproducible case on my machine. It has been tested more than a dozen time.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
  1. Set-up two scenes. The first with a Logitech C920 camera as the source and the second with the iOS Camera over USB.
  2. Turn on studio mode.
  3. Configure a 1500 millisecond fade transition. In the Transitions Settings turn on "Swap Preview/Output Scenes After Transitioning".
  4. Turn off both recording and streaming so we can confirm that we're not seeing a cpu capacity problem.
  5. With the C920 in the output window fade to the iOS Camera. Note that the image on the output screen and the iPhone screen are both live and that the USB dialog on the iPhone screen says "USB Connected".
  6. Fade back to the C920 webcam. Note that the image on the preview screen is frozen, the image on the iPhone screen is live, and the USB dialog on the iPhone screen says "USB: Waiting for Connection".
  7. Again fade to the iOS camera. Note that the image on the output screen and the iPhone screen are both live and that the USB dialog on the iPhone screen again says "USB Connected".

While it is possible to restore a live image when the preview screen is frozen by selecting the iOS camera settings (under sources), and click on "Reconnect to Device", this is not an acceptable work-around during a live streaming or recording situation.

Netfool

The connect/disconnect issue is SOLVED in this GitHub issue thread. You need to add the iOS camera to all of the scenes you plan to switch between. You can hide it behind a different camera so it's output doesn't appear, but it has to be in the input list for each scene.
...still working on the latency issue and the audio issue described in post #88.

pcann89

I recently started having the video from iOS camera for OBS begin to delay slightly and overtime get quite out of sync from the audio coming in from my audio interface. This never happened until the last few times I've been using it for live streaming to Facebook. Using OBS for Mac version 24.0.6 64 bit and Camera for OBS Studio Version 2.5.3.

Any insight to this issue would be greatly appreciate!

Currently I have to reconnect to the camera multiple times during the stream to make it sync back up.

ashmanmedia

I just love this plugin... Havent seen my webcam in years... my iPhone 6 looks cam lens is so clear almost dslr clear.

Future idea maybe: Would love to have that animoji thing with iphone replace my head feature live.

dungi

Future idea maybe: Would love to have that animoji thing with iphone replace my head feature live.

Currently there is no API for that. But is the guy still developing this app? There was no update in months. Also would miss support for Wide Angle Lens of the iPhone 11 and maybe 2 Camera Support in iOS 13.
Maybe I can help with the development.

feral

Further, you can remove the onscreen controls on the browser source using Css. Ill post that here when I get around to it.

Facefullofsnow

Hi guys. I've just started with OBS and have a 3 camera setup of MacBook Pro and then iPad and iPhone using this app. It all works perfectly until I connect the iPhone. Strangely when this is connected my upload speed drops down to about 1Mbps! Disconnect the phone and it's fine again. :( Any advice or suggestions very welcome!!

Thanks