iOS Camera for OBS Studio

iOS Camera for OBS Studio v2.5.0

Dapperstache

The new update has caused significant delay/lag and is currently unusable. Has anyone found a work around? Or does anyone have the previous version IPA file? I wish I would've been backing up my iPhone so I could just use the old version. It was working perfectly before.

I had the same issue. I rebooted the PC. Problem solved.

Dapperstache

All I can say is great work! I do wonder if perhaps as the app comes along if there might be a way to emulate shallow bokeh dof, similar to the focos app? Obviously its all software trickery, but it would save a lot of money as opposed to buying a DLSR or Beastgrip/lenses/dofadapter, etc.

Again, great job.

ozgeersu

The update features look good but I am also experiencing latency. Especially in green screen. No workaroun for the time being...

Kuffdam

This app is not worth $20. I appreciate that someone took the time to make this but the camera is laggy and the quality isn’t too great either. I’m using Mac but I couldn’t even run 2 cameras at at the same time.
Found this app and it works heaps better: https://apps.apple.com/au/app/clean-camera/id1508874265

im going to say that as a new member, this being ur only post - ur the author plugging thus

Please fix the issues with that app, it doesn’t work as advertised - it crashes when you add a 2nd camera, it doesn’t make use of the 3 cameras on an iPhone 11

Big Baker

im going to say that as a new member, this being ur only post - ur the author plugging thus

Please fix the issues with that app, it doesn’t work as advertised - it crashes when you add a 2nd camera, it doesn’t make use of the 3 cameras on an iPhone 11
No I saw someone share it a while ago. I have tried to get a refund on the OBS camera cause it doesn’t work well for me but I can use 2 phones (actually 3) fine with that clean camera app. I’d say there’s probably just an issue on your side if you’ve tried it and it’s not working. The latest phone I have is an iPhone 7 though so I don’t know about the 3 cameras but I am able to zoom in fine

dgaudet

I'm looking at getting this app so I can use 2 or 3 iPhones at the same time via USB in Windows, but I'm not sure if it will work well based on the previous comments and about the longer term viability. There were no updates to the iOS app for almost a year even though it had known bugs/issues. That being said, I am glad that there's been some recent updates, but it's most likely due to the current situation which has an increase in people webcasting and possibly the developer having more time on his hands.

Also, it looks like the price used to be $9.99 and it's now $15.99. I don't know if this was fairly recent, or pre-COVID19.

Does anyone have 2 or 3 iPhones working well with OBS Studio iOS Camera Plugin at 1080p30 or 1080p60 with USB on a fairly powerful system (and on multiple USB Root Hubs)?

I'm currently using EpocCam and it's working well for me at 1080p30 in OBS at 10bits per pixel, but it only supports one device over USB at a time. Another positive point for EpocCam is that it can be used with other apps and not just OBS. There's also a free version of the app you can use to try it out at 640 x 480. (While the free app worked for me, I wasn't sure if 1080p30 would until I purchased due to the free version's limitation).

Thariel Tedd

Hi!

Hi!

I had the same problem, but I solved it by installing OBS version 23.1, and version 2.5.0 of the iOS Camera plugin.

iOS Camera Plugin 2.5.0 for Windows: https://github.com/wtsnz/obs-ios-ca...os-camera-source-v2.5.0-Windows-Installer.exe

iOS Camera Plugin 2.5.0 for Macintosh: https://github.com/wtsnz/obs-ios-ca...nload/v2.5.0/obs-ios-camera-source-v2.5.0.pkg

OBS Version 23.1 for Windows x64: https://github.com/obsproject/obs-s...23.1.0/OBS-Studio-23.1-Full-Installer-x64.exe

OBS Version 23.1 for Windows x32: https://github.com/obsproject/obs-s...23.1.0/OBS-Studio-23.1-Full-Installer-x86.exe

OBS Version 23.1 for Macintosh https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/releases/download/23.1.0/obs-mac-23.1-installer.pkg

Thanks, for the attention,
Good Luck.

the version of OBS CAMERA IOS continues with 3.0?

ozgeersu

After days and nights, weeks trying all Obs Camera, Ndi, CleanFeed etc (all paid versions) , I installed EPOC CAM PRO (Paid version.)

Finally a solution that works over USB/WIFI smoothly with Windows10 & IphoneX without any problem at all. Camera is always live, active as soon as I return to app after I receive a call or switch iphone windows, no loss of signal, no delay (Obs on ethernet cable, iphone on wifi at the same network), I did many live Youtube broadcasts / zoom etc /via Obs Virtula Camera) 3, 4 and sometimes 5 hours long, did not fail even for 1 second.

So I am quitting all the other progs for the sake of stability. One downside isonly one cam be active, dual or multi deviceas are not allowed. Anyway, I was never able to activate more than one iOs device before with previous programs I mentioned, so I am at least happy with a very smooth never failing single cam via iphone.

RafalB

I use OBS Camera over than a year and work awesome, past three month I use 4K resolution and work quite nice but after last update I see the video quality is worse. I use 3 different iPhone at the same time

CrossedRoss

Hey, I've been using this app for a little over a month with my iphone 6s and before the latest app update I had no problems with the app when streaming on twitch, but after the update my phone will randomly disconnect even though its just chilling plugged in to my computer. I can reconnect it by hitting the "reconnect to device button" most of the time although sometimes I have to unplug and replug in my phone to get it to be seen in the app but it is really annoying when I'm streaming. This will happen like 6-10 times an hour for seemingly no reason even though I follow all the steps (I've found that it disconnects less when I have itunes closed) would love a solution :)

Karl Latham

OBS Camera worked flawlessly for a little while on my IPhone6, now it is freezing and disconnecting over and over and over again midstream. Any recommendations to fix this issue greatly appreciated

VSW

Hi All,

Similar to others that have posted here, we are now having continuous iPhone disconnect issues with the Camera for OBS app (which appears to happen randomly) before going live and during our live streaming using two iPhones connected via a 10' lightening to USB cables to our MacBook Pro. We don't use the iPhone mics for audio. Using refresh or reconnect within the IOS Camera source in OBS frequently has no effect. At times, the iPhones don't even show up in the drop down menu for iOS device when we click on properties in the iOS camera source in OBS. Other times, only one of the iPhones shows up on the list. Unplugging the USB cable doesn't seem to help. We have tried a different cable, but still have the random disconnect. Sometimes we shutdown OBS and restart it, but that is a temporary fix. The app is great when it works, but it has become frustrating to use for our live-streaming for the past six weeks or more.

Our setup:

- two iPhones - X and 8, which are up to date and no other video sources
- MacBook Pro with latest Catalina updates
- latest version of OBS Studio ie 25.0.8
- latest version of Camera for OBS app ie 3.0.3
- camera output via USB at 20000kbps with keyframe interval of 10
- all other apps on the iPhones are closed before connecting to the laptop
- bluetooth and cellular are turned off on the iPhones
- stream to YouTube at 1280x720p at 30fps (we only stream to YouTube)
- only have OBS, Chrome and/or Safari running on the laptop during our livestream (the latter to monitor the livestream)
- wifi is turned off on the MacBook Pro during live-streaming
- latency set to low in iOS Camera source properties and hardware decoder is off (ie default setting)
- only use one scene
- separate audio
- encoding in OBS is via x.264 with video bitrates set at between 2,500 to 5,000 (we have 20Mbps upload speed)

Any suggestions or recommendations are welcome to address the disconnect issues. We do want two video streams.

Is it related to OBS Studio or the app "Camera for OBS"? Is there a particular setting in OBS that may assist? Is there a particular order in which to connect devices? Are their particular settings in Camera for OBS that work best? Is two iPhones too much for OBS? Is it related to MacOS or Windows 10? Why, at times, do the iPhones not even show up in the iOS Camera source? Why doesn't reconnect and/or refresh seem to frequently have no effect? There are just some of my questions to this ongoing issue.

Thanks.

VSW

We are now using a new Win 10 computer and the random disconnects of our iPhones in OBS no longer occurs, which is great. Also, other issues of the image size fitting the canvas that we were having have also resolved with our Win 10 computer. The app just seems to work better within Win 10.

We now stream at 1080p at 30 fps (that setting is used for the iPhones, OBS canvas and OBS output). Sometimes we use an iPhone 11 (using wide angle lens) and sometimes an iPhone 10. We also use an iPhone 8 as our second camera. The iPhones are connected via USB with 10' cables directly plugged into the computer in USB 3 ports. In the app on the iPhones, the output bitrate is set to 20000 kbps and keyframe interval is to every 10 frames. We don't use the audio from the iPhones. My issue is with the resolution of the images coming form the iPhone 11 and 10 - the resolution of images from the iPhone 8 are just better. In OBS, we use a Keyframe of 2, Profile at high, Tune at film, Bitrate at 5000 and x.264 as encoder. We have about 20Mbps upload speed via a wired internet.

I am wondering what are good settings for the iPhones, especially to improve the resolution of the images coming from the iPhone X and 11. Should I up the bitrate and/or the keyframe interval on the iPhones? Will that introduce any lag?

Thanks for your feedback.

dandoghi

hello; i am using the ios camera app, plus NDI, plus virtualcamera in obs, but i cannot get it how to use the iphone's mic source; i use this in zoom, but the sound need to be taken from the PC directly instead, which created a lag between video and audio. please help! thank you!

eno_q

Hello,
I have trouble adding the iOS source in two scenes, So le preview one get freeze, if I tray to reconnect this one, the another one will work but the previous one will not. Any idea how to fix it? Since I am using 3 cameras and in three different scenes, The obs start crashing, Never happen before in 8 months .
Any Idea ,
Thanks

eno_q

Hello,
I have trouble adding the iOS source in two scenes, So le preview one get freeze, if I tray to reconnect this one, the another one will work but the previous one will not. Any idea how to fix it? Since I am using 3 cameras and in three different scenes, The obs start crashing, Never happen before in 8 months .
Any Idea ,
Thanks

1 Camera Iphone12Pro with Camera OBS, this app, 1 camera Iphone7 wireless with Epoccam Pro and one with video capture device and a reflex.