iOS Camera for OBS Studio

iOS Camera for OBS Studio v2.5.0

wtsnz

Worked once, tried your trouble shooting it does not work anymore on :
iphone 6s
iphone 8

I understand that Dev need money and resources that's why i purchased this app but are you still supporting it ?
Hey La_Verte,

I'm continuing to work on the app yes :) I've noticed that since v2.5.0 was release there is an issue that is causing a crash for a small number of users, and I'm looking into it. The crash reports haven't been great so I've been having a fun time over the last few days trying to replicate & fix the issue. I hope to have a fix out by the end of the weekend.

Hi Will (or anyone else who can help!),
Any suggestions...
I have a Win10 HP Elitebook with i5 processor & 8Gb RAM. At no point do I go over about 30% CPU utilisation. I want to LIVE stream to facebook and youtube (but not at the same time!).
I've been using OBS with OBScamera for about a month now. I've had excellent success with iPhone 6&7 (720 resolution with 10Mb/s, but if I use 1080 I have to drop to 4Mb/s).
I've had limited success with iphone 5 (until I updated to 2.4.0 I could get it to work at 720 and 1Mb/s, but now with 2.4.0 I'm struggling to get anything). I either get nothing, a static image or occasionally a live feed when setting up the source, but once I save the settings it stops updating.
I've had no success with iphone 4S - just lines on the top half of the display and a really distorted image in the bottom half.

I've tried a fresh install, loads of different resolutions / frame rate / bitrate combinations but am struggling.

I really don't want to rely on the iphone 7 (as its my phone and I want to leave 2 phones permanently setup in the venue).

I get these errors in the OBS log when it starts (but I don't *think* any of them relate to the iOS camera:

That goes on for nearly 2Mb...

I love the concept, and have had great successes - would just love to understand what I need to do for a little more robustness...

PLEASEEEEEEE help!

Thank you guys!

Trev

I made some changes in v2.5.0 that should fix this issue - set the keyframe interval to "Every Frame", and turn the resolution down until the error messages stop happening (this depends on the device), and turn the bitrate to the highest (higher bitrate, less CPU strain, but higher bandwidth). It seems that older devices have a hard time encoding video that was considered very high quality 6 years ago (720p/1080p).

Thanks for the feedback about making this more clear - I'll see what I can do to add some more information regarding best setups on a device by device basis :)

La_Verte

Hey La_Verte,

I'm continuing to work on the app yes :) I've noticed that since v2.5.0 was release there is an issue that is causing a crash for a small number of users, and I'm looking into it. The crash reports haven't been great so I've been having a fun time over the last few days trying to replicate & fix the issue. I hope to have a fix out by the end of the weekend.

I made some changes in v2.5.0 that should fix this issue - set the keyframe interval to "Every Frame", and turn the resolution down until the error messages stop happening (this depends on the device), and turn the bitrate to the highest (higher bitrate, less CPU strain, but higher bandwidth). It seems that older devices have a hard time encoding video that was considered very high quality 6 years ago (720p/1080p).

Thanks for the feedback about making this more clear - I'll see what I can do to add some more information regarding best setups on a device by device basis :)
I already have the latest :)

but today it's working ! is it because we need itune OPEN and not only installed ?

Regards

davidson

Hi, Will. Trying to get this app working for the first time, but not sure that the plugin is successfully installing. I got everything functioning via NDI, but when trying for hard-line, the option for "iOS Camera" is not available in the add source dialouge, even after both plug-ins are installed and the system is rebooted.

Does that seem to indicate a plug-in installation failure or is that still indicative of a driver problem?

La_Verte

Hi, Will. Trying to get this app working for the first time, but not sure that the plugin is successfully installing. I got everything functioning via NDI, but when trying for hard-line, the option for "iOS Camera" is not available in the add source dialouge, even after both plug-ins are installed and the system is rebooted.

Does that seem to indicate a plug-in installation failure or is that still indicative of a driver problem?
Make sure that itune is installed :)

lxke

Hi, I just bought this and video quality wise it's pretty nice. I was running it on my iPad Pro 2018 (12.9 inch) running iOS 13 Public Beta 5 and was experiencing massive amounts of lag and delay, it was falling out of sync with the xlr mic connected to my PC, and eventually was a good 10 seconds or so behind whilst dropping frames, especially when I was playing a game. I figured this would be a CPU issue but I have a 9900k @ 5.0GHz, so I was wondering if you have any idea what could be causing this lag? Eventually I turned the resolution down as well as the bitrate and it didn't really change. I was using connected using a USB C cable.

DTechNation

I am looking into buying this software, but I use Xsplit. Is there any way to use the wired iOS connection/app to stream to xsplit or for Skype/websources? Or is Camera for OBS Studio exclusive with OBS?

Thanks and great idea for an app!

t1dexpat

I seem to be having the same issue as Davidson and Visionguild. Just to be sure, I have the following installed currently:

Newest version on iTunes (updated)
Current version of OBS 64x 24.0.1 Windows
Current iOS Camera Plugin for Windows
Three phones that I've tested with the OBS Camera App (iPhone 6, iPhone 8, iPod Touch)

If I follow wtsnz's directions, I end up getting snagged at step 3.2, and there is no iOS Camera in the sources drop down menu on OBS. I seem to have all the prerequisites to run this. The first time this happened I decided to uninstall OBS and the iOS Camera Plugin, and did fresh installations of each, but I didn't have any luck. I also made sure my iTunes account was authorized, although this didn't help.
(edit) Also installed a previous version of iOS Camera Plugin, but that didn't work.

So, first of all, for those of you who have had similar issues in the past, do you know of any fixes out there, not including using NewTek NDI? I'm not ruling NewTek out as an option, but I would like this to work with the cable method.

Anything else that I should be doing that I haven't already mentioned?

Any known programs that may be interfering with this plugin?

Last edited:

jfc_chaoscat

Having the same issue as the post above, $15 for an app was a steep ask, it would be good if you released some detailed support doco. I've fiddled with it for 1/2 a day and would like to see either a solution for tomorrow or refund wtsnz.. anyone know the best method of contacting the developer?

t1dexpat

Having the same issue as the post above, $15 for an app was a steep ask, it would be good if you released some detailed support doco. I've fiddled with it for 1/2 a day and would like to see either a solution for tomorrow or refund wtsnz.. anyone know the best method of contacting the developer?

Hey there,
A friend of mine was helping me along the way. He tried installing the plugin using an older version of OBS Studio (23.1.0) and it worked, so I did it on my end I now have iOS Camera as a source in the drop down menu.

Which likely means that you'll have to downgrade to 23.1.0 and do the installation again. I also left the plugins and settings so that won't be a problem when you go to downgrade.

I'll need to do a restart to make sure it's working 100%, but so far OBS Studio is recognizing it.
Problem is, it's still not recognizing my iPhone when I connect it to the PC via USB. I can now add an iOS Source to OBS, but opening the dropdown menu for the iOS Device doesn't give me any options. I've also tried three different USB cables and different USB ports, but that doesn't seem to work. I've also made sure that my computer is authorized with iTunes. Still no good. Also should mention that I did a fresh installation of iTunes as well.

So I got somewhere, but not quite there all the way yet. Perhaps I need to go back to an earlier version of OBS and make sure it all works and then update (or not update?), but at this point I've done enough for today.

If any of you get anywhere please let us know.

edit
So I tried one last time, disconnected everything and reconnected, and now it all works. If you're having this issue, installing OBS Studio version 23.1.0 should solve it.

Last edited:

adamts13

I can't get it to work. Using Windows 10 64 bit, 64 bit OBS Studio, 64 Bit Plugin in correct location.

Log file says

LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/obs-ios-camera-source.dll': The specified module could not be found.
(126)

I've tried multiple pcs, multiple ios devices, all up to date, have itunes installed. Still no joy.

Any idea what might be the issue... seems there's a dependency of some sort missing.

Kingggggg

Hi!

I bought the app and I would to use it as a webcam, of course Win10 can't recognize it as a webcam so I'm using OBS VirtualCam plugin and they are working very good together, but there is a problem with the audio.
Win10 doesn't recognize OBS as a microphone, there is a way to solve this problem?
Of course with OBS iOS Camera plugin audio recording works perfectly.

Thanks for your time!

murilomoraesrp

DON'T BUY THE APP!
it doens't work. i tried contact (sent 3 emais) with the developer and he doesn't give a shit!

the program doesn't work with windows 10. does not show the plugin on OBS....its a mess!

dungi

It works on my PC very well. I used it quite often. USB and Wifi - both works nice and looks better than a normal Webcam.On Windows10 - with iPhone 5, iPhone 10S and iPhone 11. Newest OBS Version...