Input Overlay

Input Overlay v5.0.4

vesui

I'm streaming Tekken 7 on Twitch and I'm playing with an azerty keyboard.

I need the full keyboard and the only preset I've found is a qwerty keyboard + old version (.ini file).
It works for me in qwerty:
View attachment 74828

I did a search but I didn't find the same layout in AZERTY + .json file to work with the pre-release version, is it available ?

Thank you :)
Perhaps someone will come by and do it proper justice, but in the meantime have this bootleg json one I made using that picture. No fullsize keyboard cause I'm lazy. Also, the LWin and Fn keys don't work cause I couldn't find the codes and I probably won't be back to fix it (should be really easy though). Preview:
Untitled.png

(hope I added the zip file properly)

Attachments

• qwerty_bootleg.zip
    464.6 KB · Views: 149

crashbin

Hey! Loving this tool, haven't started streaming yet but id like my overlays to be as perfect as I can make them before going live. The only inputs I need to display are the arrow keys and space bar so I decided to modify the resources included with the download. I used GIMP to modify the textures and then used the linked configuration tool to modify the wasd.minimal json for my preferred keys. I completely removed all unwanted keys from both the final png and their code from the json before testing. When I load the png and json into the tool everything works fine but as soon as I load it into OBS the arrow keys will not respond. I'm using the key codes from the config tool for all arrow keys (ie: up= 57416 ). Can anyone tell me why the arrows don't work in OBS? I spent a lot of time on the files so I'd really like to use them if possible. Even when I have a different program selected only the spacebar displays my inputs.
Thanks for the help & resources, this is awesome!

crashbin

Hey! Loving this tool, haven't started streaming yet but id like my overlays to be as perfect as I can make them before going live. The only inputs I need to display are the arrow keys and space bar so I decided to modify the resources included with the download. I used GIMP to modify the textures and then used the linked configuration tool to modify the wasd.minimal json for my preferred keys. I completely removed all unwanted keys from both the final png and their code from the json before testing. When I load the png and json into the tool everything works fine but as soon as I load it into OBS the arrow keys will not respond. I'm using the key codes from the config tool for all arrow keys (ie: up= 57416 ). Can anyone tell me why the arrows don't work in OBS? I spent a lot of time on the files so I'd really like to use them if possible. Even when I have a different program selected only the spacebar displays my inputs.
Thanks for the help & resources, this is awesome!
Okay I figured this out and I was going to delete the original post but I'd like to answer it in case someone else runs into the same issue. For some reason the standard 57416, 57419, etc. arrow key codes only work in my browser. I ended up having to use the key codes for the alternate arrows on the numpad. I stumbled on this by accident but the codes are 61000, 610003, etc. I simply used the arrows on my numpad with numlock OFF when in the config tool and the resulting json file detects my arrow keys in OBS just fine.

Chris Gari

Hey, im a bit of newbie to plugins. How do I add GIFs as animation overlay, it appears when a hotkey is pressed and disappears once the GIF ends.

NZPIEFACE

I've recently installed OBS and this on a new computer, except for some reason the plug-in doesn't find any gamepads. I've tested multiple controllers and confirmed that they are connected (they can be seen in https://gamepadviewer.com/), but the dropdown for gamepad id remains blank.

I decided to use the 4.8 release instead of the 5.0.0 release, and it started working.

Wolfy217

Is there any way to make it so a given element can be triggered by any of multiple inputs from a given list? I tried messing with the json file, but all I really managed to learn was that arrays exist and I couldn't figure out much else

ALIEN_I_AM

Awesome little Tool, works fine on my End and right now i was configuring a second PC for streaming and thought "damn, how am i going to get the Input Overlay over"...and you just kicked out the New Version with exactly that missing Feature, awesome :) !!!

One Thing that i have though is the Mousewheel up/down Recognition. When i dont move the Mouse around it works and recognizes every up and down scroll, but moving the mouse around and using the mousewheel is somehow "eating" the inputs for Mwheel Up/down.

I had OBS running as Admin too but that does not change it. Maybe you have a suggestion to try out. Not a big problem just would be nice to have ^^ Thanks again for that great tool !!!

best regards from Germany
ALIEN_I_AM

univrsal

Awesome little Tool, works fine on my End and right now i was configuring a second PC for streaming and thought "damn, how am i going to get the Input Overlay over"...and you just kicked out the New Version with exactly that missing Feature, awesome :) !!!

One Thing that i have though is the Mousewheel up/down Recognition. When i dont move the Mouse around it works and recognizes every up and down scroll, but moving the mouse around and using the mousewheel is somehow "eating" the inputs for Mwheel Up/down.

I had OBS running as Admin too but that does not change it. Maybe you have a suggestion to try out. Not a big problem just would be nice to have ^^ Thanks again for that great tool !!!

best regards from Germany
ALIEN_I_AM
Does that happen when you're using the remote connection? If so, it's because I haven't figured out a way to reliably send lots of inputs over the network.

ALIEN_I_AM

Does that happen when you're using the remote connection? If so, it's because I haven't figured out a way to reliably send lots of inputs over the network.
No i just found out about your new remote connection update yesterday, have not implemented it. This happens with the Pre 5.0 Version on one PC Setup. It also makes no difference if i am in a game or on the desktop, as soon as i move my mouse combined with the mwheel up and down, the signal for mwheel up and down is somehow "overthrown" by normal mouse movement.

Maybe i need to look a bit deeper into the mouse-no-movement config file or try one with movement.
But right now, i had an idea about the polling rate. I have it on 1000hz USB Polling Rate. Switched it to 125hz...there it works. The Signals of the Mousemovement dont make the Wheel up/down not show. With higher polling rate 250hz it gets barely visible while moving the mouse and with 500hz and 1000hz the mwheel is not lighting up at all.

So looks like it has something to do with that i guess ?

wapeddell

Can you allow both JSON and ini files to work with 5.0 because I made a lot of custom things and I would like to use them with the remote feature. It would take me a long time to redo all my custom things. If not is there some sort of converter that will convert ini to json

univrsal

No i just found out about your new remote connection update yesterday, have not implemented it. This happens with the Pre 5.0 Version on one PC Setup. It also makes no difference if i am in a game or on the desktop, as soon as i move my mouse combined with the mwheel up and down, the signal for mwheel up and down is somehow "overthrown" by normal mouse movement.

Maybe i need to look a bit deeper into the mouse-no-movement config file or try one with movement.
But right now, i had an idea about the polling rate. I have it on 1000hz USB Polling Rate. Switched it to 125hz...there it works. The Signals of the Mousemovement dont make the Wheel up/down not show. With higher polling rate 250hz it gets barely visible while moving the mouse and with 500hz and 1000hz the mwheel is not lighting up at all.

So looks like it has something to do with that i guess ?
So you're using v4.8b? I think that version resets the mouse wheel whenever you move the mouse, so that's probably the issue. I've changed this in 5.0. The problem is that there is no event for when a user stops scrolling, like there's an event for when a user releases a keyboard key. 5.0 just assumes you stopped scrolling if there's no mouse wheel input for a certain amount of time.

Can you allow both JSON and ini files to work with 5.0 because I made a lot of custom things and I would like to use them with the remote feature. It would take me a long time to redo all my custom things. If not is there some sort of converter that will convert ini to json
Unfortunately no. The old system has been completely replaced. I might write a script for conversion at some point, but I can't promise anything.

wapeddell

Hey, how much could I donate to you to speed up the process of making a ini to json converter? Also, does this work for dual PC steam setups, being that PC inputs I'm trying to capture is a gaming laptop?

univrsal

Hey, how much could I donate to you to speed up the process of making a ini to json converter? Also, does this work for dual PC steam setups, being that PC inputs I'm trying to capture is a gaming laptop?
Yes it does work for two (or more) computers, by sending the inputs to obs studio. Donating is appreciated, but it won't speed up the process. I work on my plugins whenever I have time and motivation, right now I'm short on the former.

wapeddell

Yes it does work for two (or more) computers, by sending the inputs to obs studio. Donating is appreciated, but it won't speed up the process. I work on my plugins whenever I have time and motivation, right now I'm short on the former.
No worries, I appreciate the swift response. BTW great plugin. This is by far the best input capture I've used. I will keep an eye on this plugin. Have a great holiday.

Messenger

Hi :) sorry if you already answered this, but I have been searching for a while and can't seem to find a real answer.
I tried the customization cofig tool (first made a new png, different colours etc). It seemed to work fine and the json was exported correctly, all buttons work in the tool correctly, but I'm at a complete loss of what to do now. In the picture that was part of the wiki you seemed to have just uploaded the json, but in my obs that just then displays the png as is. Do I have to convert it to an ini? And if so, do you know any resources I could use for that? I have never done anything like this before, so sorry if I sound naive or completely lost cause uhm I am :D. I just can't seem to find the step detailed in the wiki and I don't 100% understand the conversation above here cause that had also something to do with the json? Sorry, English isn't my first language.
Thank you so much,
Messenger

Messenger

Hi, I feel very silly, no idea how to delete my own messages haha, I just installed the new 5.0 pre-release and of course that works now with json and the online tool you posted on the wiki, new overlay is looking nice :3 thank you for your work!

thecoolkidz102

hey i am wondering is somone can make a preset that has the letters of w,a,s,d,1 and 2
(edit) its also not working

Last edited:

PixelBeardQc

Good day,

Long time pre V5 user

I was messing around trying to get remote PC working on V5.

I tought it was broken but its only the gamepad functionality that is.

I get a .\bindings.json missing error in the .exe I think its just missing. Taking the gamepad.json and renaming it did nothing.

Thanks for the plugin!!