Input Overlay

Input Overlay v5.0.4

Szilard

heya,

I need help, I dont know how to change the things myself so it would be really great to help me out with this. I created a picture which buttons should be in the layout and the "Z" button should stay visually as "Z" but it should get my inputs whenever I press the "Y" button as I have a german keyboard layout where Z and Y are switched.

Input-Overlay pls.jpg

thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• Input-Overlay pls.jpg
    Input-Overlay pls.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 58

gmphogg

First off love the work over time you have put into this. Thank you. Unfortunately i am having an issue with my mouse side buttons not being registered in the overlay. I am using the logitech 502 proteus, and the side buttons are set to keyboard presses of , . and /. I am struggling on finding in the .ini file on where i can change the command from the button being pressed on the mouse to maybe pick up the , being read, but i dont see any keystroke entries in the file. I'm sure it is something silly i am missing or where to put it in. The 2 main buttons and scroll wheel read fine. Any help is appreciated, and if there is no fix for now that is fine. I will continue to use it. Thank you.

univrsal

First off love the work over time you have put into this. Thank you. Unfortunately i am having an issue with my mouse side buttons not being registered in the overlay. I am using the logitech 502 proteus, and the side buttons are set to keyboard presses of , . and /. I am struggling on finding in the .ini file on where i can change the command from the button being pressed on the mouse to maybe pick up the , being read, but i dont see any keystroke entries in the file. I'm sure it is something silly i am missing or where to put it in. The 2 main buttons and scroll wheel read fine. Any help is appreciated, and if there is no fix for now that is fine. I will continue to use it. Thank you.
I've had someone else with the same problem. Unfortunately there's no way right now to change what input overlay interprets as the side button. Can you try and remove the custom bindings and try it again? I know that that's not a viable solution for you, but I've had someone else where the side buttons still didn't work even after they removed the custom bindings.

gmphogg

I've had someone else with the same problem. Unfortunately there's no way right now to change what input overlay interprets as the side button. Can you try and remove the custom bindings and try it again? I know that that's not a viable solution for you, but I've had someone else where the side buttons still didn't work even after they removed the custom bindings.
Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately same thing it did not work. It reset the buttons to dpi shift and forward for the 2 i was looking at making the buttons on the overlay. I will make do for now and hope it comes as an update in the future when time permits. Thank you again.

Valazdin

I am trying to do a number pad. but its just not seeing the height x2 for the "+" and "RTN". I am not sure what I'm doing wrong. I know that the spacing in .png needs to be fixed, I don't have the best tools to do it so if anyone can that would be great too. its also not liking the mapping. It worked once but not now..

Attachments

• numpad.zip
    15.1 KB · Views: 63

Caspiii

hi!

I installed. all right. I start the game and the mouse has a bad sensitivity. bounce and not accurate. what could that be ?Whenever I start recording with OBS Studio, my mouse just randomly changes it's speed to much higher one and then back.why does the program interfere with the game?
everything else works but if OBS is turned on the mouse goes crazy in the game :(

Plz help me!
THX

univrsal

hi!

I installed. all right. I start the game and the mouse has a bad sensitivity. bounce and not accurate. what could that be ?Whenever I start recording with OBS Studio, my mouse just randomly changes it's speed to much higher one and then back.why does the program interfere with the game?
everything else works but if OBS is turned on the mouse goes crazy in the game :(

Plz help me!
THX
Have you used the "Use monitor center (for games that lock the mouse)" option? If not please look at the Monitor horizontal/vertical center section in the resource post.

Caspiii

Have you used the "Use monitor center (for games that lock the mouse)" option? If not please look at the Monitor horizontal/vertical center section in the resource post.

I tried, not worked :S

I delete the plugin then OBS will work properly. but if I install it and use it, the mouse is not stable. I don't know what to do with it

I made a video to illustrate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSlt_KcvwK8&feature=youtu.be
you can see what the mouse does when I use input overlay. and without it

Last edited:

univrsal

I tried, not worked :S

I delete the plugin then OBS will work properly. but if I install it and use it, the mouse is not stable. I don't know what to do with it

I made a video to illustrate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSlt_KcvwK8&feature=youtu.be
you can see what the mouse does when I use input overlay. and without it
Does the game lock the mouse? If not you'll have to play with the deadzone and sensitivity options. The mouse direction only really works with fps games that lock the mouse in a certain position, which allows input overlay to calculate the movement based on a specific point.

Caspiii

Does the game lock the mouse? If not you'll have to play with the deadzone and sensitivity options. The mouse direction only really works with fps games that lock the mouse in a certain position, which allows input overlay to calculate the movement based on a specific point.

whatever I do if I install the input overlay in OBS then it will problem.
I've tried everything. nothing works. only good if I delete the input-overlay plugin ..
I saw a video of the same with this program. there was no such mistake.

I test other games. works for them. I dont know why not work in Unreal tournament :(

Last edited:

Valheim

Yo.. I've been wondering for some reason my Input overlay only works when i am not in game, but when I do go in game the controls don't work for me. I play League of Legends and wanted to use it as i stream but somehow the inputs don't work. I also only have a single monitor so I wanted to ask some help

univrsal

Yo.. I've been wondering for some reason my Input overlay only works when i am not in game, but when I do go in game the controls don't work for me. I play League of Legends and wanted to use it as i stream but somehow the inputs don't work. I also only have a single monitor so I wanted to ask some help
Try running obs-studio as administrator

Valazdin

I am trying to do a number pad. but its just not seeing the height x2 for the "+" and "RTN". I am not sure what I'm doing wrong. I know that the spacing in .png needs to be fixed, I don't have the best tools to do it so if anyone can that would be great too. its also not liking the mapping. It worked once but not now..

posted, didn't see a reply to this, hoping to get this working for my stream.

univrsal

posted, didn't see a reply to this, hoping to get this working for my stream.
I haven't tried creating an overlay with buttons that take up multiple rows, but I know that someone else did in the past. You might find a post somewhere in this thread. I don't really have time currently so I can't really help you right now.

juaninho-11

Can someone make a layout for Arcade stick?
Like this:

1582315129759.png

Eventually with 8 buttons or alternative of 6 like the picture.

I can do the graphic myself on Photoshop but there is no tutorial on how to proper code this into script to make it to work

Last edited: