Input Overlay

Input Overlay v5.0.4

lucashaefner

hey idk if this is how to post but can someone help me get this working? its at a different resolution and i honestly dont know how the code works at all soo yeah thx! (using wasd-extended-numeric-square)

Attachments

• wasd-extended-r6.png
    wasd-extended-r6.png
    572.9 KB · Views: 286

DaveCT2003

universallp submitted a new resource:

Input Overlay - Show keyboard and mouse inputs on screen

Read more about this resource...
I think your plugin is terrific! But since I use Flight Controllers (Yoke, separate Throttle Quadrant, and separate Rudder Pedals, the plug in doesn't work for me. Is there any chance of adding a Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, and Rudder Pedals and making multiple controllers visible at the same time?

univrsal

I think your plugin is terrific! But since I use Flight Controllers (Yoke, separate Throttle Quadrant, and separate Rudder Pedals, the plug in doesn't work for me. Is there any chance of adding a Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, and Rudder Pedals and making multiple controllers visible at the same time?
Not really unless they act like a normal gamepad

Trigonomancer

I find this plugin really good and simple to use, but unfortunately I am not a good programmer, I have am trying to make a CTRL Z layout and for some reason the buttons are on top of each other when I load the .ini file for it.
(the .ini file is on txt because the forum doesn't accept .ini files, you just need to change the extension)
1570116615100.png

Art I made for the buttons
ctrlz.png

Attachments

• ctrl_z.txt
    248 bytes · Views: 30

univrsal

I find this plugin really good and simple to use, but unfortunately I am not a good programmer, I have am trying to make a CTRL Z layout and for some reason the buttons are on top of each other when I load the .ini file for it.
(the .ini file is on txt because the forum doesn't accept .ini files, you just need to change the extension)
View attachment 48188
Art I made for the buttons
View attachment 48190
Try removing the spaces in the key_row and key_col values

Trigonomancer

Try removing the spaces in the key_row and key_col values
1570155879816.png

It did not work either, I tried removing the spaces on the 1_key_width and 1_key_height width too and it didn't change anything either, I won't change the 1_key_order because that one is working fine(when I press Z or Ctrl I get the right responses)

univrsal

View attachment 48202
It did not work either, I tried removing the spaces on the 1_key_width and 1_key_height width too and it didn't change anything either, I won't change the 1_key_order because that one is working fine(when I press Z or Ctrl I get the right responses)
I figured it out. You're missing key_space_h and key_space_v values. Also for some reason there needs to be a comment before key_col, the config loader is quite picky, which is why I usually recommend to just copy over an existing config and start modifying it.
This config worked for me:
INI:
0_key_count=2
0_layout_type=2
0_key_rows=1
0_key_cols=2
0_key_abs_w=313
0_key_abs_h=242
0_key_space_h=5
0_key_space_v=25
0_texture_w=2
0_texture_v_space=0
1_key_order=0x001D,0x002C
1_key_width=1,1
1_key_height=1,1
1_key_row=0,0
#
1_key_col=0,1

Trigonomancer

I figured it out. You're missing key_space_h and key_space_v values. Also for some reason there needs to be a comment before key_col, the config loader is quite picky, which is why I usually recommend to just copy over an existing config and start modifying it.
This config worked for me:
INI:
0_key_count=2
0_layout_type=2
0_key_rows=1
0_key_cols=2
0_key_abs_w=313
0_key_abs_h=242
0_key_space_h=5
0_key_space_v=25
0_texture_w=2
0_texture_v_space=0
1_key_order=0x001D,0x002C
1_key_width=1,1
1_key_height=1,1
1_key_row=0,0
#
1_key_col=0,1
Ok, it worked just fine, I just had to adjust some key sizes, sorry for bothering about a dumb problem, I couldn't find anyone else with the same problem.

Ero

Hello,

is there any way to set this up with Streamlabs OBS? I assume not, since SLOBS does not support plugins, but perhaps there's a complicated workaround you know of.
It's fine if you're not willing to look into this as SLOBS isn't any of your business.

univrsal

Hello,

is there any way to set this up with Streamlabs OBS? I assume not, since SLOBS does not support plugins, but perhaps there's a complicated workaround you know of.
It's fine if you're not willing to look into this as SLOBS isn't any of your business.
No it doesn't work, as (last time I checked) SLOBS only allows "plugins" which add a custom browser sources and nothing else, which is why I prefer obs-studio.

OTNN

Attachments

• arrow-keys.png
    arrow-keys.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

univrsal

What should be done about absolute key size if not all keys are in the same size?
If i need to be more specific my keys just goes on top of each other and doesn't change color when they are hit.
Link is the original texture and you can see the .ini file and how does it look on the OBS down below.
(U,L,D,R refers to the arrow keys up, down etc.)
https://obsproject.com/forum/attachments/arrow-keys-png.48379/?hash=472a930333b1bf5d3d84f65d4eb773c0View attachment 48381
View attachment 48380
I can't test it with a screenshot of the text file, but here's how custom height/width works:
The key_width and key_height are used to determine the individual key height and width. '1' means 1 times the key_abs_w/key_abs_height.
But judging from how the overlay currently looks something else is wrong as well. Can you give me a obs log after loading the config file, and the config file as well as the texture?

OTNN

I can't test it with a screenshot of the text file, but here's how custom height/width works:
The key_width and key_height are used to determine the individual key height and width. '1' means 1 times the key_abs_w/key_abs_height.
But judging from how the overlay currently looks something else is wrong as well. Can you give me a obs log after loading the config file, and the config file as well as the texture?

Sure here are the files and log.

Attachments

• wasd-minimal.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 46
  • arrow-keys.png
    arrow-keys.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 103
  • 2019-10-13 16-44-28.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 62

OTNN

So I just gave it a quick test and it seems that you need an empty line at the end of the config file, which makes it load correctly.
Yeah it now look what it was supposed to be but it doesn't change colors in response to the hits.

While having problem with that i made a solution by adding your qwerty preset twice and cutting them as they would only contain the buttons that i intended to have on my scene. Q button was not available to be cut by itself only so i cut it by having 5 buttons in a row and let them out of the scene as there would only be Q being able to be seen.

Wannabestreamer

Hi there!!

Is there some settings I have to tweak for it to show in some specific windows? For example it works fine in alot of cases but it stops working when I get in-game into League of Legends :o I would really really appreciate it if there's a solution for that!!!