Input Overlay

Input Overlay v5.0.4

Syndra

OK, I have a very confusing problem. I just got this plugin all nice and set up and it looked like it worked great buuuuut after looking back on what I recorded; The plugin did not work whilst I was in game. So, I tried to figure out what was wrong and I managed to narrow it down to being a problem with League of Legends' client and in game client. Whenever either of those are 'in focus' the input overlay plugin just completely stops showing any activity for some reason, I'm so confused! Is there a way to work around this?

univrsal

OK, I have a very confusing problem. I just got this plugin all nice and set up and it looked like it worked great buuuuut after looking back on what I recorded; The plugin did not work whilst I was in game. So, I tried to figure out what was wrong and I managed to narrow it down to being a problem with League of Legends' client and in game client. Whenever either of those are 'in focus' the input overlay plugin just completely stops showing any activity for some reason, I'm so confused! Is there a way to work around this?
Try running obs as administrator

ryu_highabusa

Dumb question, but how would you adjust the ini config on the SNES layout in order to show diagonal inputs? For instance, I would like to highlight position 3 instead of both 6 and 2 here.

If I can figure that out, I might get around to making some 3-button and 6-button Genesis layouts in honor of the mini console coming out.

The default code doesn't define the 7,9,1, and 3 corner positions (otherwise it'd be a simple task of updating the x and y positions) so I'm not sure where to make the adjustment
Code:
# Dpad arrow positions
1_pad_dpad_up_x=224
1_pad_dpad_up_y=178
1_pad_dpad_down_x=224
1_pad_dpad_down_y=321
1_pad_dpad_left_x=153
1_pad_dpad_left_y=249
1_pad_dpad_right_x=296
1_pad_dpad_right_y=249

univrsal

Dumb question, but how would you adjust the ini config on the SNES layout in order to show diagonal inputs? For instance, I would like to highlight position 3 instead of both 6 and 2 here.

If I can figure that out, I might get around to making some 3-button and 6-button Genesis layouts in honor of the mini console coming out.

The default code doesn't define the 7,9,1, and 3 corner positions (otherwise it'd be a simple task of updating the x and y positions) so I'm not sure where to make the adjustment
Code:
# Dpad arrow positions
1_pad_dpad_up_x=224
1_pad_dpad_up_y=178
1_pad_dpad_down_x=224
1_pad_dpad_down_y=321
1_pad_dpad_left_x=153
1_pad_dpad_left_y=249
1_pad_dpad_right_x=296
1_pad_dpad_right_y=249
You can't at least right now. I did make some unreleased changes that should allow for that, but they're not out, yet

Ero

Hello. OBS isn't recognizing any of my controller (Xbox One Wireless, unable to be wired) inputs while all of the games I'm playing are. Do you know what could be causing this?

Last edited:

univrsal

Hello. OBS isn't recognizing any of my controller (Xbox One Wireless, unable to be wired) inputs while all of the games I'm playing are. Do you know what could be causing this?
No not really, I use Xinput to get gamepad inputs, I only have a 360 controller to test it though

kaaaxcreators

I done Arrow-Overlay, like the "wasd-extended" Overlay with yellow background. It works fine

Not pressed:
arrows-preview-not-pressed.png

Pressed:
arrows-preview-pressed.png

The black background is there, because instead of recording a video, I made a screenshot

Attachments

• arrows-overlay.zip
    16.2 KB · Views: 416

el_simmo

Hi,

Just installed the new version and as soon as I load an ini file the plugin is no longer visible. I tried resetting transforms but that didn't fix it either.

If you load a png file first you can see the preview, but as soon as you load an ini file the plugin is no longer visible.

I was using the plugin this morning right before the update on version 4.7.4b and it was fine.

Running latest OBS: 23.2.1

univrsal

Hi,

Just installed the new version and as soon as I load an ini file the plugin is no longer visible. I tried resetting transforms but that didn't fix it either.

If you load a png file first you can see the preview, but as soon as you load an ini file the plugin is no longer visible.

I was using the plugin this morning right before the update on version 4.7.4b and it was fine.

Running latest OBS: 23.2.1
Hmm yeah I just updated the config loading to use the value ids. I updated all presets so they should work now, but if you use your own preset make sure to update it accordingly:
  • All value ids were shifted down by one, which means that a value like 1_key_count=10 turns into 0_key_count=10
  • The config file has to have an empty line at the end

TheMan_420

I done Arrow-Overlay, like the "wasd-extended" Overlay with yellow background. It works fine
The black background is there, because instead of recording a video, I made a screenshot

For some reason I can't get it to work, just using your overlay and .ini

Does anyone have like, the WASD extended but with arrow keys as well? Something like this:
wasd-15-fps-preview.png

But with arrow keys fitted to the right side?

Quick edit, noticed the WASD Extendeds that come with the download cut the spacebar off a bit...

univrsal

Oh, hello there
For some reason I can't get it to work, just using your overlay and .ini

Does anyone have like, the WASD extended but with arrow keys as well? Something like this:
View attachment 47309
But with arrow keys fitted to the right side?

Quick edit, noticed the WASD Extendeds that come with the download cut the spacebar off a bit...
The config system has changed a couple times so community made presets might not be up to date. It's only minor changes though, like the spacebar issue can be easily fixed by editing the texture file

Trevizer

Hi, I love this overlay a lot.
I just have a question and I hope one of you could help me.
I'm using the wasd-minimal overlay and I want to turn yellow the 'E' key when I do click in the mouse middle button instead.
If I modify the .ini with '2_mouse_mmb' instead of '0x0012' it turns yellow when I use the third button of the mouse but it also happens when I press any other key of the keyboard.
Can you help?
Thanks in advance.

univrsal

Hi, I love this overlay a lot.
I just have a question and I hope one of you could help me.
I'm using the wasd-minimal overlay and I want to turn yellow the 'E' key when I do click in the mouse middle button instead.
If I modify the .ini with '2_mouse_mmb' instead of '0x0012' it turns yellow when I use the third button of the mouse but it also happens when I press any other key of the keyboard.
Can you help?
Thanks in advance.
Can you show me exactly what changes you made? I might be able to help you better

Trevizer

Can you show me exactly what changes you made? I might be able to help you better
picture attached
I want to press the middle button of the mouse and in the overlay is showed as a 'E' button pressed
Thanks a lot for your time.

Attachments

• Captura.JPG
    Captura.JPG
    177.6 KB · Views: 88

univrsal

picture attached
I want to press the middle button of the mouse and in the overlay is showed as a 'E' button pressed
Thanks a lot for your time.
You need the keycode for the scroll wheel which is 0xED03, so try that instead of what you put in.