Input Overlay

Input Overlay v5.0.4

H3draut3r

也许你的系统的语言导致了这个问题。 尝试将其设置为仅英语。 对不起中国人,我使用翻译。

univrsal

I looked at the message that I had the same Chinese user as I did, and he loaded it. I did not have successful experiments many times, checking the log has been sent before, that is, the prompt can not load the plug-in. I see this forum found that there are few Chinese programmers, and no one cares about it. But how the software is open source and how powerful it is. There are so many people in China, but the programmers are here so few.

I can't use English, but I can't speak any other language except mother tongue, do you know? The teaching video of this plug-in is not accessible to Internet censorship in our country. Because of lack of knowledge, I am not going to expect any practical solution. If the world can unify the language well, sigh.

Now I think in my mind: it's a good thing to meet it. It's not an important level of life and death, if you don't have to use it.

Finally, thank you for the reply of the translation software. The above is the idea I want to express through the translation software.
Sorry that I can't really help you with your issue but I know another Chinese user who you might be able to talk to: Here's their steam profile.

Last edited:

Husky161

Hi, this plugin looks really cool to use and really helpful for those who need keybinds and such. The only problem is when you told me to copy the plugin files(video) into data obs plugin folders it did not quite work. The computer tells me to merge the files and I hit yes and it does it. I launch studio again it doesn't show up, restarted computer still doesn't show up.

univrsal

Hi, this plugin looks really cool to use and really helpful for those who need keybinds and such. The only problem is when you told me to copy the plugin files(video) into data obs plugin folders it did not quite work. The computer tells me to merge the files and I hit yes and it does it. I launch studio again it doesn't show up, restarted computer still doesn't show up.
Then I'll need an obs log file

Husky161

Visual studio? I already it but if its something else it says "setup failed there is already another version running/ being used"

univrsal

Visual studio? I already it but if its something else it says "setup failed there is already another version running/ being used"
Did you try the 2010 as well? Was that already installed too? Could you try the x64 version?
The only other thing that Input Overlay relies on is XInput which is part of DirectX. You can try and install it from here.

Other than that I'm really out of ideas, since this error only occurs when dependencies are missing.

Drew Barclay

Greetings,

Like others, I'm having the same issue of neither the x86 or x64 versions of OBS Studio listing as a source. I followed the instructions to the letter--both the 2010 and 2015 versions of the C++ redist were already installed on my system, and I even reinstalled both OBS Studio and got the 2017 version of the C++ redist, but the issue remains.

My logs are:
x64: https://gist.github.com/48bf8c939550e8af7f0a082c9b542a5a
x86: https://gist.github.com/635c8437bd038f406ac663b7072f9681
Proof that the .dll files are in the appropriate place: https://imgur.com/a/S1xxL

This is on a fresh install of OBS Studio with no other plugins added.

EDIT: Downloaded a previous version (v4.3) and it's working fine.

Last edited:

univrsal

Greetings,

Like others, I'm having the same issue of neither the x86 or x64 versions of OBS Studio listing as a source. I followed the instructions to the letter--both the 2010 and 2015 versions of the C++ redist were already installed on my system, and I even reinstalled both OBS Studio and got the 2017 version of the C++ redist, but the issue remains.

My logs are:
x64: https://gist.github.com/48bf8c939550e8af7f0a082c9b542a5a
x86: https://gist.github.com/635c8437bd038f406ac663b7072f9681
Proof that the .dll files are in the appropriate place: https://imgur.com/a/S1xxL

This is on a fresh install of OBS Studio with no other plugins added.

EDIT: Downloaded a previous version (v4.3) and it's working fine.
Can you try this version and tell me if it works?

Geroyuni

univrsal

Hello, I've been making my own layout and I have a few questions.
Thanks
  1. I think that's because I add 1px on each side, because otherwise OBS will cut cropped parts, which looks bad. It has to do something with scaling
  2. I guess I forgot to remove that. I initially wanted to have separate textures for each arrow direction, but then decided against it because I'm lazy.
  3. See 2. (It's not possible right now and since I'm busy for the next weeks with exams I cannot promise you that I'll have time to add it for now
Hope that answers your questions.
btw that PS4 overlay look amazing. If you want it to be included as a preset in the next release let me know.

Geroyuni

1. I think that's because I add 1px on each side, because otherwise OBS will cut cropped parts, which looks bad. It has to do something with scaling
[...]
Man, I am so very confused. Have you put any warning about that anywhere? Furthermore, shouldn't the layout creator himself just put +1px? It really just makes things more confusing, and the numbers in the ini file stop being indicative of the real position and size of everything.

[...]

2. I guess I forgot to remove that. I initially wanted to have separate textures for each arrow direction, but then decided against it because I'm lazy.

3. See 2. (It's not possible right now and since I'm busy for the next weeks with exams I cannot promise you that I'll have time to add it for now
Hope that answers your questions.
btw that PS4 overlay look amazing. If you want it to be included as a preset in the next release let me know.
Oh cool, whenever you do add the feature I'll finish the layout. I'd definitely send it to you to include as a preset but it's very much for a specific way of using it, it's not fit for a public release imo. I'll let you know if I do make a version that changes that at some point.

univrsal

Man, I am so very confused. Have you put any warning about that anywhere? Furthermore, shouldn't the layout creator himself just put +1px? It really just makes things more confusing, and the numbers in the ini file stop being indicative of the real position and size of everything.

Oh cool, whenever you do add the feature I'll finish the layout. I'd definitely send it to you to include as a preset but it's very much for a specific way of using it, it's not fit for a public release imo. I'll let you know if I do make a version that changes that at some point.
Well you are supposed to keep 3px between all individual textures and 1px around the entire texture, which I mention in the tutorial (I know it's quite long and boring but it explains the basics if you haven't seen it).
I know that that means you'll have to measure the positions individually, but there's no real way around that. Initially this plugin was intended for keyboard layouts which don't need absolute positions. I couldn't think of a better way to do it but I'm open to suggestions.

I'm sorry if it's confusing, I know the documentation isn't exactly the best but I'm always here for any questions

splatteredeggs

I don't know if you plan on adding support for PS4 controllers but I just spent hours trying to set it up just for literally none of the controls to work. I have a PSD for the overlay and whatever if you need that.

Geroyuni

I don't know if you plan on adding support for PS4 controllers but I just spent hours trying to set it up just for literally none of the controls to work. I have a PSD for the overlay and whatever if you need that.
Is that an issue for you even with DS4Windows? Works for me

Well you are supposed to keep 3px between all individual textures and 1px around the entire texture, which I mention in the tutorial (I know it's quite long and boring but it explains the basics if you haven't seen it).
I know that that means you'll have to measure the positions individually, but there's no real way around that. Initially this plugin was intended for keyboard layouts which don't need absolute positions. I couldn't think of a better way to do it but I'm open to suggestions.

I'm sorry if it's confusing, I know the documentation isn't exactly the best but I'm always here for any questions
I see. I went right into editing the ini and there were no comments on it. This is really just my own opinion but I think this is not worth the confusion, and it'd be much more straightfoward to just warn the creator that he should probably just keep a 1px border in each button texture. What do you think?